inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: sabbath dude sabbath

Written By: Tia on 01/03/07 at 10:05 pm

cuz they're awesome!

Subject: Re: sabbath dude sabbath

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/07 at 10:27 pm

cuz they're awesome!
hell yeah they are!  I wish Children Of The Grave were on the list.  growing up there was zeppelin, the eagles, aerosmith, hendrix, clapton, cream, the stones, beatles, who, and then way down deep from another realm was Black Sabbath.  got a little too stoned a couple times and their sh*t was scary  :o  but I love it. great rock band  8) 

Written By: whistledog on 01/03/07 at 10:27 pm

I like that one song that they are best known for (in the Ozzy days), but I cannot think what it's called.  I can hear the guitar in my head, and I can see the psychedelic video :D

Written By: Tia on 01/03/07 at 10:57 pm

everybody who has never heard of mob rules should listen to it. it's one of their best overlooked tracks. GREAT song! i believe it was on the soundtrack to the movie "heavy metal." words can't express my love for that tune.

killing yourself to live also. got me through college. and EVERYTHING off of volume IV.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/07 at 11:45 pm

everybody who has never heard of mob rules should listen to it. it's one of their best overlooked tracks. GREAT song! i believe it was on the soundtrack to the movie "heavy metal." words can't express my love for that tune.

killing yourself to live also. got me through college. and EVERYTHING off of volume IV.
I'm after it and will give honest and maybe painful review, but honest

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/03/07 at 11:49 pm

who is singing the vocals on that, and I need the whole song, I only listened to a 20sec clip

Written By: Tia on 01/03/07 at 11:56 pm

who is singing the vocals on that, and I need the whole song, I only listened to a 20sec clip
that's a ronnie james dio entry, i believe. from the heaven and hell album or the soundtrack to the movie heavy metal. fraid i don't have an mp3... :\'(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/07 at 12:03 am

that's a ronnie james dio entry, i believe. from the heaven and hell album or the soundtrack to the movie heavy metal. fraid i don't have an mp3... :\'(
I'll get it, thanks

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/04/07 at 12:10 am

"Paranoid" is pretty cool, but I'm more into Ozzy's '80s solo career.

Overall I gravitate towards commercial, poppish stuff, but he's one of the few metal guys I really like (he was influenced by The Beatles, which is evident on songs like "Goodbye to Romance").

Written By: whiteport on 01/05/07 at 7:43 pm

N.I.B. Has always been one of my fave Sabbath tunes, Love the bass line..

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/05/07 at 8:06 pm

Its all about War Pigs. Thats the song that made me fall in love with Sabbath.

"Politicians hide themselves awaaay, they only started the war! Why should they have to go out and fight? When they leave that role to the poooor, yeah"

Written By: spaceace on 01/05/07 at 8:09 pm

Iron Man is my favorite.  My brother would sing to it and play air guitar. :)

Written By: La Roche on 01/05/07 at 10:19 pm

Nobody else is digging snowblind?  :\'(

Written By: holicman on 01/05/07 at 11:59 pm

Planet Caravan is another cool song not on the list.

Happy new years everyone......I know its a bit late..

Written By: La Roche on 01/06/07 at 5:33 am

Planet Caravan is another cool song not on the list.

SHUH!! You're not kidding me.

Mike, where's the Planet Caravan love? You got something against the slow.. crawling behemoths?

Written By: bloody hammer on 01/06/07 at 9:03 am

my answer is..... "A National Acrobat".

also..... Black Sabbath just happens to be 1/3 of my Rock 'n Roll Trinity...

1) Beatles
2) Black Sabbath
3) Butthole Surfers

these are NOT necesarily a listing of my all time favorite bands nor even the "best" 3 bands. these are the three top bands that literally opened my eyes. bands that the very first time i heard them i thought to myself..... "what is THAT?"

i will NEVER forget that day i walked into Scott McKenzie's house and heard "Electric Funeral" playing in his big brother's bedroom.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/06/07 at 10:43 am

Favorite Sabbath, hmmmm:

Children Of The Grave
Snowblind
War Pigs
Never Say Die
The entire first album

Come to think of it, I don't think Sabbath, with Ozzy, made a song I didn't like.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/06/07 at 11:32 am

The only song up there I've heard is Iron Man.  I might have heard bits and pieces of instrumental parts of the other songs, but I couldn't identify them by name.

Written By: La Roche on 01/06/07 at 1:07 pm

Snowblind

Kudos for your excellent taste.

Written By: bloody hammer on 01/06/07 at 3:25 pm

Kudos for your excellent taste.

no doubt, that's a great song but from the Vol 4 album these would be my favorites....

Under The Sun
Tomorrow's Dream
Cornucopia

Written By: Tia on 01/06/07 at 9:38 pm

no doubt, that's a great song but from the Vol 4 album these would be my favorites....

Under The Sun
Tomorrow's Dream
Cornucopia

vol IV's among my favorite albums of theirs. totally underrated.

Written By: bloody hammer on 01/06/07 at 11:19 pm

vol IV's among my favorite albums of theirs. totally underrated.

among all their 6 classic albums the first three have held up the least for me.

these days if i get an urge to hear some Sabbath..... i'm more likely to grab vol 4, sabbath bloody sabbath, or sabotage.

Check for new replies or respond here...