inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aerosmith or Kiss

Written By: crazyneighbor on 01/16/07 at 6:10 pm

So who do you think was the best rock band of the 70's?    Do you still listen to them today?

Subject: Re: Aerosmith or Kiss

Written By: MLB on 01/17/07 at 12:09 am

I was too young in the mid 70s to care, tho my mother was more an Aerosmith person so I don't appreciate KISS music much.
  And yea, I  still love to hear them. I don't own any of their albums personally but radio and downloads, etc, their songs still work if you want to rock.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/07 at 12:26 am

My favorite albums from both bands released in 1975 when I was 19 Aerosmith's *Toys In The Attic* & *Alive* by Kiss. I had an awesome experience when I first listened to that Kiss album, but I love Aerosmith's style of Rock much more and still listen to Toys on a regular basis.  The guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford kick ass, they're so good at what they do. They play hard and loud, but it's clean. I've seen Kiss twice in concert and Aerosmith about 5 times and they both put on great shows, but Aerosmith are better musicians and Steve Tyler is one of the very best front men ever, if not the best IMO.

Written By: whistledog on 01/17/07 at 12:32 am

The only Kiss song I really liked was "Lick it Up" from 1983.  It was a popular Top 40 hit at the time in Canada, and I had it on a PolyStar cassette called "Rock Sizzzlers" that I listened to all the time

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/07 at 12:34 am

The only Kiss song I really liked was "Lick it Up" from 1983.  It was a popular Top 40 hit at the time in Canada, and I had it on a PolyStar cassette called "Rock Sizzzlers" that I listened to all the time
Lick It Up is on the soundtrack and used in the Mark Wahlberg movie Rock Star

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/17/07 at 12:36 am

I've never managed to get into Kiss. Aerosmith had some excellent songs in the 70s, average songs in the 80s and mediocre songs in the 90s. But they are still a pretty good band.

Written By: Davester on 01/17/07 at 4:22 pm

Between the two, I'll go with KISS.  Course, I didn't know anything about Aerosmith in the seventies...

KISS is some of the first music I remember listening to on a regular basis...

Today, I own only two of the solo albums, Rock and Roll Over, Dynasty and Alive!...

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/17/07 at 6:32 pm

I don't think either of these are the BEST band of the '70s, but I enjoy Aerosmith more.

Written By: sweetie44 on 01/17/07 at 6:35 pm

I preferred Aerosmith, my brother was the Kiss fan.

When I was going out with my Husband I lent him all my Aerosmith 8-Tracks. They were stolen out
of his car. He told me he would replace them, that was 27 years ago, I'm still waiting.  >:(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/17/07 at 8:49 pm

Aerosmith, and yes I listen to them now.

Written By: Davester on 01/18/07 at 6:38 am

Aerosmith - Poor man's Rolling Stones...

Written By: Brian06 on 01/18/07 at 8:11 am

Aerosmith.

Written By: Trimac20 on 01/18/07 at 10:05 am

Never was a big fan of either...and none are the best band of the 70s by a long shot. That title would go to Led Zeppelin, of course, followed closely by Pink Floyd, AC/DC and the Who.

Written By: holicman on 01/19/07 at 5:56 am

I like both of these bands, and Kiss would be the more popular of the 2 commercially in the 70's.

I dont know who would be the best band of the seventies, but for rock I would think the Eagles would be up there.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/19/07 at 8:28 am

Of the two, Aerosmith. But I like both though.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/19/07 at 9:20 am

Aerosmith...Kiss gets on my nerves. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/19/07 at 4:13 pm

I'm not really into either, but if I had to pick one it would definitely be Aerosmith...

Written By: whiteport on 01/19/07 at 9:48 pm

Well I was a full fledged member of the KISS ARMY back in the mid to late 70s, But I have always liked both bands and still listen to both pretty regularly, I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with "The Hottest Band In The Land"!! KISS!!!!!

Written By: star80 on 01/22/07 at 1:12 pm

Definitely Aerosmith, they have more hits and have managed to stay in the groove longer, but I do love KISS, too. :-*

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/24/07 at 12:20 pm

Of the two, Aerosmith. However, there were many cool ass bands in the 70s. So it's hard to really single them out.

Written By: Trappedinthe80s on 01/24/07 at 5:09 pm

I think that you can't really compare the two.  It's like apples to oranges ya know?  I dig Kiss, they were the precursor to the long haired butt-rockers of the 80's, but Aerosmith is just WOW amazing.  They just never stop rockin'! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...