inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Kind of Muscle Car Are You? -- Attn Al-B!

Written By: Tia on 02/23/07 at 8:27 pm

I got the exact same result as the dude i found this quiz from so i'm marginally suspicious but still, see what you come up with.

http://quiz.myyearbook.com/zenhex/quiz.php?id=42988

"What kind of muscle car are you?
created by caraza
Your Results:
1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
You are a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. You love your car....your friends love your car and thats whats most important to you! Your car really hauls ass! You feel bad that they aren't making Camaros anymore....but don't worry...cuz you know they'll be back!"

http://img.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz9/42988/res1.jpg

Subject: Re: What Kind of Muscle Car Are You? -- Attn Al-B!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/23/07 at 8:38 pm

I got the exact same result as the dude i found this quiz from so i'm marginally suspicious but still, see what you come up with.

created by caraza
Your Results:
You are a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. You love your car....your friends love your car and thats whats most important to you! Your car really hauls ass! You feel bad that they aren't making Camaros anymore....but don't worry...cuz you know they'll be back!"

Sweet! I'm a 1968 Z28 too!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Still, I've always been more into Impalas myself, in particular the 1965-66 models. Rumor has it that Chevy is supposed to come out with an all-new Impala in 2009-10 that will strongly resemble the '66 Impala, and if that's true then that'll be my next car.

Man I love these cars.  :) :) :)

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ranch/2309/lake66.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/23/07 at 8:48 pm

ha. i actually have a hotwheels 65 impala sitting on my t.v. i went shopping for viewmasters at the local toys r us and i was like, hey, i think i'll pick up a hotwheels car, too, since i'm on a trip down memory lane. and the 65 impala and a couple others were the only ones that didn't suck. it's even the same color! i bet you don't even believe me, but it's true.

anyway, that quiz plainly sucks. i like the idea of having more impressionistic questions that have nothing to do with your car tastes or driving style. like, have you ever been arrested? if so, what for? do you like blondes or brunettes? and then obviously asking whether you prefer dirty mary crazy larry, vanishing point, corvette summer, or mad max.

i could do a way better quiz than that.

Written By: La Roche on 02/23/07 at 8:52 pm

created by caraza
Your Results:

Darling, that is soooo close to my perfect car. I want the '67 with the raised engine block.

..and I got a...

Your Results:
You are a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. You love your car....your friends love your car and thats whats most important to you! Your car really hauls ass! You feel bad that they aren't making Camaros anymore....but don't worry...cuz you know they'll be back!

Sweet.

By the way, this is the exact car I want.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/250000-250999/250746_19.jpg

Ooohh goaaah, I gotta change my pants.

Written By: Tia on 02/23/07 at 8:54 pm

i have a funny feeling someone has a 68 camaro z28 agenda. and that what you put in for the color is the only question that matters.

on MY superior muscle car quiz i'd also ask disturbingly offputtingly girly questions, like, what's your astrological sign and do you wear white before labor day.

those are pretty cool cars, those camaros, though, i must say.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/23/07 at 8:54 pm

I'm that Camaro thing.

Written By: Tia on 02/23/07 at 8:56 pm

okay, thread redirect, then. this thread is now about, suggest questions for YOUR ideal musclecar quiz and i'll compile them and make my OWN musclecar quiz. if i can figure out how.

i'm sure it's easy, i just have to find the right online wizard.

Written By: La Roche on 02/23/07 at 9:02 pm

i have a funny feeling someone has a 68 camaro z28 agenda. and that what you put in for the color is the only question that matters.

on MY superior muscle car quiz i'd also ask disturbingly offputtingly girly questions, like, what's your astrological sign and do you wear white before labor day.

those are pretty cool cars, those camaros, though, i must say.

My cousin Rick has a Camaro. I got to hold on to it when he was doing his National Guard deal down in the gulf. Man, 3 months insurance on that cost more than my junky oldsmobile did for about 18 months.  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 02/23/07 at 10:00 pm

I got a '68 Camaro even though I gave Ford answers. I once owned a '73 Ford Torino with a 351 Windsor,
I loved that car. Looking back, I wish I never got rid of it. :(

Written By: Tia on 02/23/07 at 10:13 pm

I got a '68 Camaro even though I gave Ford answers. I once owned a '73 Ford Torino with a 351 Windsor,
I loved that car. Looking back, I wish I never got rid of it. :(
you must be a libra.

let me guess. saturn rising, right?

Written By: spaceace on 02/23/07 at 10:43 pm

Yeah well, it ain't a Hemi!!!

Written By: zcrito on 02/24/07 at 12:15 am

I was never a Chevy fan back in the day, but their cars did offer an excellent selection of V-8s - 327, 350 and 396 cu.in.

That 327 was impressive. Plenty of horse power and one could actually see its spark plugs (soooo nice when it came time to replace them, unlike the 383 in my Plymouth).

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/24/07 at 5:53 am

What a surprise...I got the 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 too ::)

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 6:12 am

i really wanna make a real muscle car quiz now.

silly me, you get other signs rising, not planets. planets you get in houses. der.

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/24/07 at 9:44 am

Hmm, I'm a Chevy Camaro too...my choice would be a '64-66 GTO.

BTW, per my uncle (proud owner of a 71 Chevelle SS 454) points out that technically Camaros are not muscle cars, they are "pony" cars (as are Mustangs) though surely they became defacto muscle cars later on in time...
Muscle cars were intermediate size cars with large displacement motors, Chevelles, GTO's, Buick GS, Olds 442's, Roadrunner/SuperBee's, Torinos and the like...

Has everyone whos taken the test a Camaro, any Javilns or Mopar cars? Just curious to what questions/answer combos trigger/reveal the type of car you and so on....if anyone else makes a test/quiz like this, let me know.

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 10:07 am

i think everyone gets the same car, no matter what you put in.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 2:40 pm

1967 Shelby GT 500
You are a 1967 Shelby GT 500. You love your car because it's rare. You know you can whoop on most other cars, but you tend not to because you don't want to scratch your paint. You try to keep as many miles off of your car as you can.

http://img.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz9/42988/res3.jpg

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 3:34 pm

whoa, check you out cat! bucking the system.

i guess you don't always come up with the same car after all.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 4:24 pm

whoa, check you out cat! bucking the system.

i guess you don't always come up with the same car after all.

I ALWAYS have to be different.  ;)

Cat

Written By: gemini on 02/24/07 at 4:26 pm

Ha! I think our answers are just a bit different!  ;D

Take the quiz:
What kind of muscle car are you?
http://img.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz9/42988/res7.jpg
1969 Buick Skylark
You are a 1969 Buick Skylark. You car has alot of potential....but you don't really care. The only reason you are driving your car is because it works! You only care about going from place to place.....racing isn't in you....but who cares...
Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 4:34 pm

Ha! I think our answers are just a bit different!  ;D

Take the quiz:
What kind of muscle car are you?
http://img.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz9/42988/res7.jpg
1969 Buick Skylark
You are a 1969 Buick Skylark. You car has alot of potential....but you don't really care. The only reason you are driving your car is because it works! You only care about going from place to place.....racing isn't in you....but who cares...
Quizzes by myYearbook.com -- the World's Biggest Yearbook!

ha! imagine getting a car like that and then just using it to go to the corner store for slim jims once a week.

hilarious! that's my favorite one so far.

oh, and by the way...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0hKRflPCPtE&mode=related&search=

Written By: gemini on 02/24/07 at 4:41 pm

ha! imagine getting a car like that and then just using it to go to the corner store for slim jims once a week.

hilarious! that's my favorite one so far.

oh, and by the way...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0hKRflPCPtE&mode=related&search=

Yea, I didn't know what half that stuff meant. I mean Hemi? What the heck?  ;D My husband would kill me if he knew how I answered those questions! I'm surprised a Pinto didn't show up as my results!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 4:47 pm

Yea, I didn't know what half that stuff meant. I mean Hemi? What the heck?  ;D My husband would kill me if he knew how I answered those questions! I'm surprised a Pinto didn't show up as my results!

I don't think a Pinto would have shown up because they never asked the question, "Do you like blowing things up?"  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 4:47 pm

oh, i remember there was an answer that was, "huh?", or something to that effect, for half the questions. lol. they still gave you a sweet ride, though. they coulda hit you with an amc gremlin.

quite a few of the answers i had the same reaction -- really, i like muscle cars, but i don't know much about them, because it all basically stems from a love for movies ABOUT muscle cars -- but i just made crap up. i think i only did the huh? answer for one of them. i'm not quite clear what a hemi is either.

incidentally...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KyiElo-rNZg&mode=related&search=

man, that movie's poetry. i mean, it's not dirty mary but it's second by maybe one-quarter length. 70s car chase movies kick ass.

in fact, this is probably in the wrong board.

Written By: gemini on 02/24/07 at 4:50 pm

I don't think a Pinto would have shown up because they never asked the question, "Do you like blowing things up?"  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Ohhhh nooooo, that would be a Vega. My sister bought one when they first came out because it was "cute". . . . . . . she blew it up!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 4:54 pm

Ohhhh nooooo, that would be a Vega. My sister bought one when they first came out because it was "cute". . . . . . . she blew it up!

Don't ya remember the Pintos with their exploding gas tanks?

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/24/07 at 4:56 pm

Cat
ralph remembers.

Written By: gemini on 02/24/07 at 5:00 pm

Cat

Oh yea, now I do, but my sister really did blow up her Vega engine! BTW, Tony got a 72 Chevelle 454 as his test result, so my theory was wrong.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 5:04 pm

Oh yea, now I do, but my sister really did blow up her Vega engine!

Carlos did that with a Dodge Shadow

BTW, Tony got a 72 Chevelle 454 as his test result, so my theory was wrong.

Carlos hasn't taken the test-YET!

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/25/07 at 12:26 am

I've often heard that the Chevy Vega was among the very worst cars ever made. My brother once told me that he had a friend who bought a brand-new Vega and the engine blew up after only 16,000 miles. Plus they were notorious for being rust buckets.

Vegas are almost completely extinct, I can't remember the last time I've actually seen one on the road (it's had to have been at least a good 15-20 years).  About the only place you'll see one anymore is at a drag strip, with a monster big block crammed under the hood and ridiculously huge fat-ass racing slicks on the back.

Written By: gemini on 02/25/07 at 4:04 pm

I've often heard that the Chevy Vega was among the very worst cars ever made. My brother once told me that he had a friend who bought a brand-new Vega and the engine blew up after only 16,000 miles. Plus they were notorious for being rust buckets.

Vegas are almost completely extinct, I can't remember the last time I've actually seen one on the road (it's had to have been at least a good 15-20 years).  About the only place you'll see one anymore is at a drag strip, with a monster big block crammed under the hood and ridiculously huge fat-ass racing slicks on the back.

She bought hers in, I'm thinking '74, and I know it didn't last until I graduated in '79. Of course, she drove it back and forth from Ohio to Texas a few times when she joined the Army and was stationed at Fort Hood. But yea, it was not well built car at all, and I can't think of the last time I saw one either.

Written By: 1313mockingbirdlane on 02/25/07 at 5:18 pm

created by caraza
Your Results:

MOPAR all the way!!!
http://

Written By: karen on 02/26/07 at 7:03 am

1969 Buick Skylark

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/26/07 at 4:01 pm

Actually Vegas were notorious for MELTING, not blowing up. The Vega was GM's first attempt at an all aluminum block, and it wasn't a good try.

The engine block didn't have good cooling and literally melted. The transmissions were also weak and usually lost reverse within a year or so...

My Dad had a LEMON yellow '72 Vega and found out this flaw firsthand...

Check for new replies or respond here...