inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: anyone else New Seekers lovers!?

Written By: saver on 02/27/07 at 7:50 pm

I recently found an old New Seekers 45 'Another You'...does anyone know why they broke up or if anyone carried on the style?

I heard MELANIE(Safka-Lay Down, Brand New Key ), was part of the group but no one made a big deal of them, yet, everyone knows the Mama's and the Papas!

I miss the New Seekers! Also they weren't to be confused with The Seekers('Buy The World a Coke')  were they (like the WHO and the Guess Who)?

Any list of songs make anyone else feel the same way?

Subject: Re: anyone else New Seekers lovers!?

Written By: Paul on 02/28/07 at 7:00 am

I don't know if I'm a little confused, or you are, because...

I recently found an old New Seekers 45 'Another You'...

...if you're referring to 'I'd Never Find Another You' then that's the Seekers...

Also they weren't to be confused with The Seekers('Buy The World a Coke')

Which was the New Seekers!

As for Melanie Safka being in the group...she wasn't! Although the NS did cover a couple of her songs, if memory serves...

The actual connection between the Seekers and the New Seekers was a guy called Keith Potger (original Seekers member) who wanted the group to continue after the original Seekers broke up, but appeal to a more younger audience...

They released some dross ('Beg, Steal, Or Borrow'), but turned in an amazingly good rendition of The Who's 'Pinball Wizard/See Me Feel Me'...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/28/07 at 2:39 pm

I'll admit there've been times when I've gotten the two names mixed up myself, but I do like The Seekers' 1966/1967 hit 'Georgy Girl'...

...it's probably my earliest 'music memory'!  :)

Written By: saver on 02/28/07 at 5:23 pm

I don't know if I'm a little confused, or you are, because...

...if you're referring to 'I'd Never Find Another You' then that's the Seekers...

Which was the New Seekers!

As for Melanie Safka being in the group...she wasn't! Although the NS did cover a couple of her songs, if memory serves...

The actual connection between the Seekers and the New Seekers was a guy called Keith Potger (original Seekers member) who wanted the group to continue after the original Seekers broke up, but appeal to a more younger audience...

They released some dross ('Beg, Steal, Or Borrow'), but turned in an amazingly good rendition of The Who's 'Pinball Wizard/See Me Feel Me'...

That's what threw me, not knowing who was who....

now I guess they are unheard of!

We're gettin' old!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/28/07 at 6:02 pm

I remember the Seekers and love I'll Never Find Another You, and I remember going to the show to see Georgy Girl when it first came out(1966).  I loved listening to them, but they are one group I believe I never did get to see.

Check for new replies or respond here...