inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's TV movies that FREAKED YOU OUT

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/22/07 at 3:24 am

There were two of them that really freaked me out when I was a kid. One was called "The Death of Richie," I barely remember it but it was about this teenager who gets all f***ed up on drugs. All I really remember was that at the end, Richie went completely nuts and his dad had a gun, and Richie kept screaming, "Shoot me! Shoot me!"

And his dad did (I guess in self-defense). And it really freaked me out.

The other one was called "Long Journey Back." It was about this teenage girl who was riding the bus home from school when the bus stalled on some railroad tracks and got rammed by a speeding train. Her best friend got killed and she wound up losing a leg, and the rest of the movie was about her recovery. Nowadays I'd probably think that the scene where the bus got nailed by the locomotive was cool, but at the time (I was like 6 or 7 years old) it really freaked me out, and not long after I saw that movie I was riding this junky old Ford bus home from school and we were going across the railroad tracks when the engine began to die, and I started to freak out. The driver managed to get the bus across the tracks (and there weren't any trains coming so in hindsight we were never in any real danger), but still, after seeing that movie, I was pretty scared.

I did learn one important lesson from that movie though: Never shift gears while crossing the tracks.  ;D

Subject: Re: 70's TV movies that FREAKED YOU OUT

Written By: Snoopygirl on 03/22/07 at 7:13 pm

The first one that freaked me out was "Trilogy of Terror ". The 3rd story with that little Zuni doll. I was so scared of that thing for years afterwards. I was about 5-6 when I saw it. How I managed to at that age, I don't know.
The other one was " Bad Ronald ". That's the one where this boy accidentally  killed this girl and his mom hid him in the walls of the house. She then went into the hospital for surgery and she never came out. The new family that moved in didn't know that he had drilled little holes in the walls to spy on them. But then he is infatuated with one of their daughters...

Written By: KKay on 03/22/07 at 7:54 pm

" Bad Ronald ".

horrible. scares me still.  so many sick movies came out at that time.
I was always frightened by the ones that had...like...the girl moves into a sorority house and finds out they are all witches and they all try to kill her...which was that? 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/23/07 at 12:36 am

The first one that freaked me out was "Trilogy of Terror ". The 3rd story with that little Zuni doll. I was so scared of that thing for years afterwards. I was about 5-6 when I saw it. How I managed to at that age, I don't know.
The other one was " Bad Ronald ". That's the one where this boy accidentally  killed this girl and his mom hid him in the walls of the house. She then went into the hospital for surgery and she never came out. The new family that moved in didn't know that he had drilled little holes in the walls to spy on them. But then he is infatuated with one of their daughters...
I don't remember "Bad Ronald," but it sounds pretty wicked.  :o :o :o

Written By: Tia on 03/23/07 at 1:01 am

trilogy of terror was a hot one. there was one, it actually might have been from the early 80s, dude kills his wife, dismembers her, carefully wraps up the body parts in brown paper and twine and stores them in the basement refrigerator. then the INDIVIDUAL BODY PARTS come back to life and crawl after him in the paper, slithering like snakes and making little crinkly noises cuzza the paper, and kill him somehow for revenge.

it was, like, not okay. anyone remember the name of that movie? know the flick i'm talking about?

Written By: Tia on 03/23/07 at 1:02 am

come to think of it i think that was a theatrical release so i'm way off topic. :-[ but now i'm too curious to remember the name of that flick to delete the post.

Written By: KKay on 03/23/07 at 10:01 am

come to think of it i think that was a theatrical release so i'm way off topic. :-[ but now i'm too curious to remember the name of that flick to delete the post.

right...i was going to mention "don't be afraid of the dark" and i am pretty sure it was a made for tv movie but i'm not sure.

here's a thought about that movie that will freak you out...."sally.......sally......"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/07 at 4:04 pm

trilogy of terror was a hot one. there was one, it actually might have been from the early 80s, dude kills his wife, dismembers her, carefully wraps up the body parts in brown paper and twine and stores them in the basement refrigerator. then the INDIVIDUAL BODY PARTS come back to life and crawl after him in the paper, slithering like snakes and making little crinkly noises cuzza the paper, and kill him somehow for revenge.

it was, like, not okay. anyone remember the name of that movie? know the flick i'm talking about?

It was called Asylum.  I saw that in middle school-my school used to bring movies in once in a while and the whole school watch it. Yeah, they did bring in some "great" movies for kids, huh? Other movies we saw were Ben (yes, the rat movie) and The Blob.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/23/07 at 4:05 pm

It was called Asylum.  I saw that in middle school-my school used to bring movies in once in a while and the whole school watch it. Yeah, they did bring in some "great" movies for kids, huh? Other movies we saw were Ben (yes, the rat movie) and The Blob.  ::)

Cat
cool! thanks. i'm gonna see if netflix has it.

Written By: Tia on 03/23/07 at 4:13 pm

well.... dag.

1.  Asylum (2005/I)
  2. Asylum (1972/I)
  3. Asylum (2003/II)
  4. Ghost Story (1974)
      aka "Asylum" - UK (working title)
  5. Asylum (1992) (TV)
  6. Asylum (1997/I)
  7. Asylum (2007/I)
  8. Asylum (1972/II)
      aka "Asylum - R.D. Laing" - USA (DVD box title)
  9. Asylum (2000) (TV)
  10. Asylum (2005/II)
  11. Asylum (2003/I)
  12. "Asylum" (1996)
  13. Asylum (1998)
  14. Asylum (2001)
  15. Asylum (2001) (TV)
  16. Asylum (2002)
  17. Asylum (2007/II)
  18. Asylum (1997/II)

Written By: Tia on 03/23/07 at 4:26 pm

man, youtube so totally unequivocally rocks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfyjOfrMu_0

Written By: 1313mockingbirdlane on 03/23/07 at 9:40 pm

man, youtube so totally unequivocally rocks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lfyjOfrMu_0

Great topic!! Here's one of my favorites!!!

"Devil's Triangle" with Fernando Rey (Flying Nun Fame) and Doug McLure, eerie movie about the Bermuda Triangle!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/07 at 1:11 pm

well.... dag.

1.  Asylum (2005/I)
  2. Asylum (1972/I)
  3. Asylum (2003/II)
  4. Ghost Story (1974)
      aka "Asylum" - UK (working title)
  5. Asylum (1992) (TV)
  6. Asylum (1997/I)
  7. Asylum (2007/I)
  8. Asylum (1972/II)
      aka "Asylum - R.D. Laing" - USA (DVD box title)
  9. Asylum (2000) (TV)
  10. Asylum (2005/II)
  11. Asylum (2003/I)
  12. "Asylum" (1996)
  13. Asylum (1998)
  14. Asylum (2001)
  15. Asylum (2001) (TV)
  16. Asylum (2002)
  17. Asylum (2007/II)
  18. Asylum (1997/II)

The 1972 one. I have no idea if any of the others are remakes or not. Check the synopsis and see.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/24/07 at 1:15 pm

The 1972 one. I have no idea if any of the others are remakes or not. Check the synopsis and see.

Cat
did you see that youtube link i posted? it's totally that scene! it looks a little hoaky however many years later but it's still kinda spooky.

and yeah, 1972. i saw it much later than that, i guess it musta been a rerelease or something.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/07 at 1:18 pm

did you see that youtube link i posted? it's totally that scene! it looks a little hoaky however many years later but it's still kinda spooky.

and yeah, 1972. i saw it much later than that, i guess it musta been a rerelease or something.

No I didn't see the youtube link. I rarely look at youtube because it takes forever to download-d@mn dial-up and right now I am doing my anti-virus scan which makes everything even slower. Maybe sometime when I have time (and the patance) I will check it out.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/24/07 at 2:27 pm

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one scared of that damn doll. I'm still creeped out by it!

Written By: zcrito on 03/25/07 at 3:14 pm

They were cranking out some really strange made for TV movies back then. Most were so bad you can't help but remember the few good ones -- like "Duel", "Brian's Song" and "The Marcus-Nelson Murders".

Written By: Capt Quirk on 03/25/07 at 7:03 pm

I remember Ben fondly. Who doesn't love a touching movie about a boy and his rat? It came out just after Willard, and around the same time as Stanley, the touching movie about a boy and his rattlesnake. As to what did creep me out? I was about 3 when I saw a movie about Faust. I don't remember most of the movie, just the end, where all the lost souls reached up from Hell to drag Faust down with them. Then, at around 4 or 5, I saw this Japanese movie Attack of the Mushroom People. I wouldn't eat anything with mushrooms for years. Oh, and the opening to Creature Feature with Dr Paul Bearer.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/25/07 at 8:35 pm

right...i was going to mention "don't be afraid of the dark" and i am pretty sure it was a made for tv movie but i'm not sure.

here's a thought about that movie that will freak you out...."sally.......sally......"

"Don't be afraid of the dark" is one of my favorite movies.  Scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. 

Written By: Butterball on 03/25/07 at 10:46 pm

The original "Night Stalker" movie with Carl Kolchak gave me the chills, along with some of the tv show episodes. :o

Written By: Tia on 03/25/07 at 10:53 pm

stephen king writes a big ole thing about night stalker in his book danse macabre. it's a really cool nonfiction book he wrote in the early 80s, all basically reviews and pontificating about horror and whatnot.

Written By: oneno on 03/26/07 at 12:12 pm

Children shouldn't play with dead things. http://www.badmovies.org/movies/childdead/index.html. Originaly saw this on the late night show when I was about 10 or eleven. Gargoyels from 1972 ,saw it on abc's movie of the week http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0068622/usercomments?start=30
Something evil (1972) beleive it or not Steven Speilberg did this made for tv horror.Satan's school for girls, featured a young Cheryl Ladd.
My favorites though (other than children shouldn't...) was trilogy of terror.

Hey check out this site!
http://www.lastdriveinontheleft.com/

Written By: Tia on 03/26/07 at 12:33 pm

Children shouldn't play with dead things. http://www.badmovies.org/movies/childdead/index.html. Originaly saw this on the late night show when I was about 10 or eleven. Gargoyels from 1972 ,saw it on abc's movie of the week http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0068622/usercomments?start=30
Something evil (1972) beleive it or not Steven Speilberg did this made for tv horror.Satan's school for girls, featured a young Cheryl Ladd.
My favorites though (other than children shouldn't...) was trilogy of terror.
dude, straight up? they make a big thing about steven spielberg doing "duel" as a made for t.v. movie in 1971, it's a pretty kickass movie. i never heard about something evil, though -- anything with cheryl ladd in it will pique my interest. she's a babe!

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/26/07 at 7:01 pm

There was a movie that was about reincarnation and witch trials. 

I don't remember much but there is a scene where they use a door and place it on top of a witch and pile rocks on it. 

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Written By: gemini on 03/26/07 at 7:09 pm

I don't remember much but there is a scene where they use a door and place it on top of a witch and pile rocks on it. 

Yes, it rings a bell! Salems Lot maybe?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/26/07 at 7:43 pm

No, it's not Salems Lot.

I wish I could remember who was in it. 

Written By: oneno on 03/26/07 at 7:44 pm

The Devils Rain? 1975 with Ernest Borgnine,Eddie Albert, William Shatner, Keenan Wynn, John Travolta.
In the wake of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist, the devil and his disciples became prime subject for independent filmmakers. The Devil's Rain is one of the better films that came from the flood. Corbis (Ernest Borgnine) hunts a Midwest family as he searches for "The Book," an ancient tome stolen centuries ago containing the names of the devil cult's disciples written in their own blood. As he turns the family one by one into dead-eyed soldiers for Satan, surviving son Tom Skerrit struggles to free them and keep the tome out of Corbis's hands. Robert Fuest, who directed the offbeat cult classics The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again, cranks up the ghoul factor with arresting images of the black-eyed zombies wandering through a desert ghost town. The cast (including a stiff William Shatner and a tired Ida Lupino) is more solemn than spirited. Only Borgnine sinks his teeth into his role, preaching the word of the devil with gusto and theatrical flourish and transforming into a horned demon in a blood ceremony. It's an inconsistent picture but Fuest creates moments of gripping horror and builds to a dynamic climax that delivers the promised devil's rain with sizzling results. The film has garnered some fame as John Travolta's film debut, but he's practically unrecognizable as a hooded cult follower.

Written By: BloodOnTheRisers on 03/26/07 at 8:43 pm

Audrey Rose ?

Written By: Butterball on 03/26/07 at 8:58 pm

The Reincarnation of Peter Proud was also creepy. Wish I could find it on DVD. Anybody?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/27/07 at 9:57 am

Audrey Rose ?

Nope, I do like that movie, though.

I'm thinking it's got the name of a town in the title...

Written By: gemini on 03/27/07 at 11:54 am

Got it! Crowhaven Farm! It was bugging me too after you mentioned it so I searched and finally found it, even though that name still doesn't sound familiar, but it gave the same senario about the door with the rocks piled on top.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/27/07 at 12:21 pm

Got it! Crowhaven Farm! It was bugging me too after you mentioned it so I searched and finally found it, even though that name still doesn't sound familiar, but it gave the same senario about the door with the rocks piled on top.

YES!!  YES!!!  YES!!!!!

Thank you!!! 

Written By: gemini on 03/27/07 at 4:29 pm

YES!!  YES!!!  YES!!!!!

Thank you!!! 

You're welcome!  :)

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/29/07 at 11:42 am

Night of the Lepus - giant mutant killer rabbits, believe it or not I was really traumatized by this movie as a young kid.

Gargoyles - probably shouldn't of been even watching this at 7 or 8 yrs old, but defintinly creepy. For a TV movie this one was pretty good...won't go into detail but till this day I'm scared or have bad feelings about mid '70's Ford County Squire Station wagons...

Duel - another TV movie, Steven Spielberg's first, not really scary but, suspenseful. Throughout the whole film I remember wondering why this guy doesn't just turn around and go home...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/30/07 at 2:02 am

Gargoyles - probably shouldn't of been even watching this at 7 or 8 yrs old, but defintinly creepy. For a TV movie this one was pretty good...won't go into detail but till this day I'm scared or have bad feelings about mid '70's Ford County Squire Station wagons...
Never saw this movie but I can relate: When I was little I saw so many early '70's Ford LTD's wrecked on TV (on cop/detective shows) that I was a little scared of them.

Duel - another TV movie, Steven Spielberg's first, not really scary but, suspenseful. Throughout the whole film I remember wondering why this guy doesn't just turn around and go home...
One thing I remember about some late 70's-early '80's TV shows is that they used to cut a lot of corners to trim down their production budgets, sometimes to the point where I'd find it insulting to my intelligence. I remember an episode of The Incredible Hulk where David Banner (Bill Bixby) just "happened" to be driving an orange Plymouth Valiant, and he was being chased by two rednecks who just "happened" to be driving a beat up old Peterbilt that was pulling a rusty tanker trailer, and for the chase scenes they just spliced in a bunch of footage from Duel. At the end of the episode David Banner got pissed off and turned into the Hulk and shoved the Valiant in front of the truck as it was speeding towards him, and I'll give you three guesses as to what happened next.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Banks on 03/30/07 at 6:54 am

A made for TV movie (at least I think it was made for TV) that freaked me out was either about a group of people in early 1700's mainland USA or lived as if they were in the 1700's. The film centered on a little girl who had weird powers. She was being looked after either by her own mother or an aunt. The girl was given a black crow which couldnt fly as a pet.  I remember she was shunned by the townspeople and, at one point the aunt/mother decides to throw the girl a birthday party for the girl. The towns kids come and they end up throwing stones at the black bird chanting for it to fly, but they end up killing it. Thats all I can remember about that movie, and not even sure if it was a horror movie, but for some reason it freaked me out.

Another film (or possibly the same film) that freaked me out was about a woman who wasa witch, but a good witch. However some girl running around a big bon-fire catches alight and burns to death infront of the townspeople, who are powerless to do anything due to the intense heat. They blame the female witch...and thats all I can remember.

Now, two movies that I do remember which freaked me out were Helter Skelter and a mini-series about the Jonestown massacre.

AN

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/30/07 at 8:23 am

One thing I remember about some late 70's-early '80's TV shows is that they used to cut a lot of corners to trim down their production budgets, sometimes to the point where I'd find it insulting to my intelligence. I remember an episode of The Incredible Hulk where David Banner (Bill Bixby) just "happened" to be driving an orange Plymouth Valiant, and he was being chased by two rednecks who just "happened" to be driving a beat up old Peterbilt that was pulling a rusty tanker trailer, and for the chase scenes they just spliced in a bunch of footage from Duel. At the end of the episode David Banner got pissed off and turned into the Hulk and shoved the Valiant in front of the truck as it was speeding towards him, and I'll give you three guesses as to what happened next.  ;D ;D ;D

Wow, I totally remember that episode! :o
Yeah, lots of corners were cut this way, I still watch old episodes of Hawaii 5-O strictly for camp & to see the bad editing in of past episodes car/crash scenes when they think we won't notice (McGarrett leaving in a two door Merc, and arriving at the crime scene in a 4-door). ::)
If a director/producer can sneak in a car chase/crash scene from an old movie to save $$, they did.
Any number of '70's TV's shows were guilty of this practice.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/30/07 at 2:45 pm

A made for TV movie (at least I think it was made for TV) that freaked me out was either about a group of people in early 1700's mainland USA or lived as if they were in the 1700's. The film centered on a little girl who had weird powers. She was being looked after either by her own mother or an aunt. The girl was given a black crow which couldnt fly as a pet.  I remember she was shunned by the townspeople and, at one point the aunt/mother decides to throw the girl a birthday party for the girl. The towns kids come and they end up throwing stones at the black bird chanting for it to fly, but they end up killing it. Thats all I can remember about that movie, and not even sure if it was a horror movie, but for some reason it freaked me out.

Another film (or possibly the same film) that freaked me out was about a woman who wasa witch, but a good witch. However some girl running around a big bon-fire catches alight and burns to death infront of the townspeople, who are powerless to do anything due to the intense heat. They blame the female witch...and thats all I can remember.

Now, two movies that I do remember which freaked me out were Helter Skelter and a mini-series about the Jonestown massacre.

AN

WOW!!!  I remember that also, too bad I don't know the name of it  ??? ???

Written By: Butterball on 03/30/07 at 6:53 pm

I also remember that episode...couldn't believe they did that. ;D

Written By: zcrito on 03/30/07 at 11:08 pm

I thought I was the only one who remembered that. One of the most pathetic things shown on television in the '70s.
If the Hulk wasn't bad enough -- but I did like seeing what ticked off Bill Bixby into becoming the Hulk -- that one was just plain stupid.

Written By: Tia on 03/30/07 at 11:20 pm

reminds me of the stuff like in battlestar galactica they'd always show the same half dozen dogfight scenes over and over again. i was like twelve minutes old and even then i was crying BS.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/31/07 at 2:00 am

reminds me of the stuff like in battlestar galactica they'd always show the same half dozen dogfight scenes over and over again. i was like twelve minutes old and even then i was crying BS.

I thought I was the only one who remembered that. One of the most pathetic things shown on television in the '70s.
If the Hulk wasn't bad enough -- but I did like seeing what ticked off Bill Bixby into becoming the Hulk -- that one was just plain stupid.

The very worst example I remember of this was on an episode of "CHiPs" where Ponch was dating some hot racer chick, and her racecar just "happened" to be a red and blue Plymouth Satellite with the number 43 on the door. I was like 12 years old and I clearly remember rolling my eyes and thinking to myself, "You've got to be kidding me! Do they really think we're that stupid?!?" Of course, later on
in the episode she got into a spectacular wreck where the car flipped over like 9 or 10 times at 200 mph and sprayed parts everywhere. If I remember correctly she walked away from it with only minor injuries, but I have this feeling that Richard Petty wasn't so lucky.  ::)

I think that's when "CHiPs" really "jumped the shark" for me. Up to that point I was kind of on the fence about it, but after seeing that blatant insult to my intelligence I realized it was one of the stupidest TV shows ever made.

Cheap ass bastards.  >:(

Wow, I totally remember that episode! :o
Yeah, lots of corners were cut this way, I still watch old episodes of Hawaii 5-O strictly for camp & to see the bad editing in of past episodes car/crash scenes when they think we won't notice (McGarrett leaving in a two door Merc, and arriving at the crime scene in a 4-door). ::)
There was a SPECIAL 2-HOUR EPISODE! of The Dukes of Hazzard where a stunt show was at the county fair and Luke was going to attempt this dangerous stunt where he had to jump over 50 wrecked cars (I think the promoter offered like $10,000 to the first person who actually completed the jump). One of the stunt drivers with the show attempted to make a practice jump in a white early 70's Plymouth Fury.  Back then the body styles of American cars changed a lot more from year to year so it was a lot easier to tell the difference back then.

Anyway, when the stunt driver made his approach to the ramp he was in like a 1972 Fury. But it was a magic Fury! Because as soon as it left the ramp it was a '74 Fury, then when it went sailing through the air it was a '75 Fury, and between the time it took off from a dead start until the time it crashed about 3/4ths of the way down the pile of wrecked cars I spotted no less than five completely different model years of Plymouth Furies. (In hindsight I think the jerk got exactly what he deserved, because if I were to attempt to jump 50 cars then the last car I would choose would be a Plymouth Fury, which is built like a tank and weighs like 5,000 lbs. If the guy had half a brain he would've used something a tad lighter like a Camaro or Mustang or something.)

I mean sure, they were all the same color and they all had the logo of the stunt show company on their doors, but it still seemed kind of stupid to me. Of course, none of the other kids at school seemed to notice it, because at the climax of the episode they decided to use the General Lee and Bo jumped in with Luke and they made it across with flying colors, and afterwards they all went down to the Boar's Nest and had a good ol' time.

I'm being just a tad anal about this, aren't I?  ;D

Written By: Snoopygirl on 04/06/07 at 10:07 pm

I forgot about " Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark ". I bought my sister a dvd of that from Ebay and watched it again after many years. Still freaked me out. Those monsters were spooky. How'd you like to wake up at night and see them running around your house  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair2.gif

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/07/07 at 9:10 am

When I first saw it, "Deliverance"  :o :-\\

Now, when I see it, the fact that Burt Reynolds is in it is the part that freaks me out the most  ;D

Written By: Perryfan on 04/07/07 at 8:03 pm

Hands down, it was that d@mn zuni doll in Trilogy of Terror.  I can still see it cutting it's way out of that suitcase.

Written By: Snoopygirl on 04/12/07 at 8:47 pm

I found an old VHS copy of this movie with Johnny Whittaker and it was called " Something Evil ". It was about these things in jars out in the barn and they glowed and he was possessed by them. I remember that from tv and thought it was weird. I have to rewatch this again.

Another one that I remember was from 1977 called " The Spell " with Lee Grant and a very young Helen Hunt. The oldest daughter was overweight and the other girls made fun of her and called her names. But she has supernatural powers that she would use. There was  a part in there that scared me when I was young. The mom's friends wife came down the stairs and all of a sudden she started smoking from her mouth and burning up and she ran outside to the pool and her husband ran after her and they showed his hands were burnt from trying to help her. I found a  copy of this movie on Ebay about a year ago and that still gets to me, that scene.

Written By: Tia on 04/12/07 at 9:03 pm

I found an old VHS copy of this movie with Johnny Whittaker and it was called " Something Evil ". It was about these things in jars out in the barn and they glowed and he was possessed by them. I remember that from tv and thought it was weird. I have to rewatch this again.

Another one that I remember was from 1977 called " The Spell " with Lee Grant and a very young Helen Hunt. The oldest daughter was overweight and the other girls made fun of her and called her names. But she has supernatural powers that she would use. There was  a part in there that scared me when I was young. The mom's friends wife came down the stairs and all of a sudden she started smoking from her mouth and burning up and she ran outside to the pool and her husband ran after her and they showed his hands were burnt from trying to help her. I found a  copy of this movie on Ebay about a year ago and that still gets to me, that scene.
hmm, that was a popular theme in the mid to late 70s, younguns with supernatural powers. sounds a lot like carrie and -- was it sisters, the brian de palma flick? i've actually never seen it. there was a really little known movie called "patrick" from around that time about an evil dude with mental powers too. i dunno if it was made-for-t.v. though.

we were just talking about helen hunt. did you know she was in an afterschool special? she did a bunch of angel dust and jumped out of a window. in the show, i mean.

Written By: Banks on 04/15/07 at 1:51 am

'i've actually never seen it. there was a really little known movie called "patrick" from around that time about an evil dude with mental powers too. i dunno if it was made-for-t.v. though.'

I think weve spoken about that movie on these boards before...I have it on DVD...Its a little known Australian film from the 70's. Quite creepy too.

AN

Written By: oneno on 04/16/07 at 8:22 pm

Hey, youtube has quite a few trilogy of terror clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfLa57z1of8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ev7FOVVynk

Written By: tvlover1212 on 04/22/07 at 3:15 am

:D

There are two TV movies that FREAKED ME OUT during the 1970's!!!

The first one was "One of My Wives is Missing" with Jack Klugman and ELizabeth Ashley.  I saw it in 1976 when I was 10 years old.  My parents were out and I was watching it with a babysitter and I was totally freaked out at the end when the old man got stabbed to death in the kitchen.  It was a great movie but when I saw it years later I couldn't understand what was so scary. 

The second movie is "Helter Skelter" also from 1976.  To this day this movie scares the CRAP out of me!!  Such great acting.  The 2004 version doesn't compare!!

This was such a great topic!!!

I LOVE THE 1970's!!!!!

:D

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/07 at 9:02 am

I had nightmares for weeks because of the Zuni Doll. There is a guy who sells replicas on Ebay. I think I'm gonna get one.

I was always frightened by the ones that had...like...the girl moves into a sorority house and finds out they are all witches and they all try to kill her...which was that? 

Was that Satan School for Girls with Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd?

For me it was always those family on vacation gets terrorized by... movies. One in particular that comes to mind has a family in an RV and they are tormented by a "gang" on dirt bikes or dune buggys or atvs

There was another one where a family comes to a town and there is a burning at the stake I don't remember much more about it but I know I was disturbed by it.  I wonder if it's the same film lorac61469 mentioned
WOW!!!  I remember that also, too bad I don't know the name of it  ??? ???

Written By: Lindee on 07/02/07 at 10:05 am

I remember Trilogy of Terror too. Karen Black locked it in a suitcase and it cut it's way through. It was chasing her all over the house.

Written By: Kim on 02/19/10 at 6:11 pm

THAT MOVIE WITH HOPE LANGE WAS CALLED "CROWHAVEN FARM" WITH THE WITCH AND THE DOOR WHERE THEY PILE ON THE ROCKS WITH HOPE LANGE UNDERNEATH IT! SCARY!!

Written By: Kim on 02/19/10 at 6:12 pm

No, it's not Salems Lot.

I wish I could remember who was in it. 

It is called CROWHAVEN FARM :)

Written By: Kim on 02/19/10 at 6:13 pm

CROWHAVEN FARM :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/10 at 8:34 pm

Gosh I wonder what the name of that one movie with Hope Lange was called... something about a black bird and a farm...  ::)

Written By: Frank on 02/20/10 at 5:37 pm

The70s movie that freaked me out was "Don't look now" with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie.

I still can't watch it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/10 at 12:56 am

"Sybil" with Sally Field STILL freaks me out!
:o

Written By: Tia on 02/24/10 at 6:34 am

ha, glad to see this thread is back.

i watched a fun made-for-TV horror movie not too far back. totally didn't freak me out but it's a fun movie, and alyssa davalos is .... rowr!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0vGwJEaILM

Written By: lola669 on 02/24/10 at 12:02 pm

Don't be Afraid of the Dark freaked  me out.  I understand that they're making re-make, Katie Holmes will be in it.  I don't think I want to see the remake.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/10 at 11:07 am

Don't be Afraid of the Dark freaked  me out.  I understand that they're making re-make, Katie Holmes will be in it.   I don't think I want to see the remake.

yeah. katie holmes doesn't scare me.

Written By: Frank on 02/26/10 at 11:14 am

yeah. katie holmes doesn't scare me.

Katie scares me, but in a different way.

Written By: alanbarnes on 02/26/10 at 11:16 am

Dang - I joined this board too late! Somebody beat me to Helter Skelter.
Death Of Richie scared me somewhat - just bought it on DVD but haven't watched it.  Based on the excellent book, "Richie" it starred Robbie Benson.  Drugs and druggies were scare to me as a child. Ironically...
Along that same line, "Go Ask Alice" scared me as well. Story of a girl who moves to a new town and gets hung up in drugs.

This didn't scare me, but along the same lines, "Over The Edge" is a terrific TV movie and Matt Dillons acting debut. Also available on DVD.  

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/26/10 at 7:38 pm

Dang - I joined this board too late! Somebody beat me to Helter Skelter.
Death Of Richie scared me somewhat - just bought it on DVD but haven't watched it.  Based on the excellent book, "Richie" it starred Robbie Benson.  Drugs and druggies were scare to me as a child. Ironically...
Along that same line, "Go Ask Alice" scared me as well. Story of a girl who moves to a new town and gets hung up in drugs.

"Go Ask Alice" by Anonymous was standard 8th grade reading list material up from the 1970s through the 1980s. 

I can't say I ever saw the TV movie, but the book is hilarious trash.  It was purportedly the REAL diary of a teenage girl who gets messed up on acid and pot, runs away, and dies of an O.D.  It was later revealed that Beatrice Sparks, a Mormon youth counselor from BYU, made it up whole cloth.  The writing style and the vocabulary do not jibe with the way teens actually spoke or thought back in the early '70s.

For that matter, Sybl was a woman with disassociative identity disorder.  Her real name was Shirley Mason.  Her shrink, Cornelia Wilbur, took wild dramatic license when she wrote the book, which later became the TV movie.  I was aware of this when they rebroadcast the original 1976 Sally Field TV movie a few years ago, but it still gave me the creeps via power of suggestion.

Written By: topforty on 02/28/10 at 12:00 pm

I have to agree with another poster here, Helter Skelter was far and away the scariest movie I ever saw on tv.  If I remember right it was on the Late Movie CBS use to run in the 1970's, that's where I first saw it.  I don't think my folks would have let me watch it during regular prime time.  Only tv show where I ended up turning on the lights.  I know I slept with the lights on for a few nights after that.  Scared the bejesus out of me knowing it was based on a true story.

Written By: alanbarnes on 03/02/10 at 2:20 pm

Yeah - the dude that played Charlie in that movie was spot on.  Even the song scared me for years. It sounded like murder and mayhem to me.

In a releated note, something interesting was said to me by someone 10 years older (I am 44) was that "Manson ruined the White Album" for him. Now, since I was born in 65, my introduction to the White Album was after the fact and I can't hear tracks like "Piggies" "Revlolution 9" "Sexy Sadie" "Blackbird" etc, without thinking of the Bugliosi's book and the case made against them.  I thought his idea was so interesting that I made it a thesis for a college paper. "The Manson Family Killed the Hippies" - that has always been blamed on Woodstock, Altamont, Kent State, whatever, but after Manson, middle America no longer saw hippies as some goofy, harmless long haired potsmokers. Now they were drug fueled homicidal maniacs. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/03/10 at 4:28 pm

Yeah - the dude that played Charlie in that movie was spot on.  Even the song scared me for years. It sounded like murder and mayhem to me.

In a releated note, something interesting was said to me by someone 10 years older (I am 44) was that "Manson ruined the White Album" for him. Now, since I was born in 65, my introduction to the White Album was after the fact and I can't hear tracks like "Piggies" "Revlolution 9" "Sexy Sadie" "Blackbird" etc, without thinking of the Bugliosi's book and the case made against them.  I thought his idea was so interesting that I made it a thesis for a college paper. "The Manson Family Killed the Hippies" - that has always been blamed on Woodstock, Altamont, Kent State, whatever, but after Manson, middle America no longer saw hippies as some goofy, harmless long haired potsmokers. Now they were drug fueled homicidal maniacs. 

I always take issue with Manson being called a hippie.  Manson never called himself a hippie.  He called himself a beatnik.  He was out of prison in the early 1950s when the whole beat generation thing was happening, so that's what he identified with.  If anything, Manson was a criminal and a sociopath.  He still is, though he's now in his mid-seventies and not getting out of prison alive.  If you watch Manson in interviews, especially the one he did in the early '90s with Ron Reagan, Jr., you see a man with a superior IQ and a glib charismatic command.  These are traits common to people with the so-called sociopathic personality type.  What I've gathered from listening to him is arrested emotional development with a giant narcissist streak.  He likes to manipulate people.  He has stock answers ready for people who want to call him a sicko or a lunatic.  That's why I recommend the Ron Reagan interview, which is on Youtube, because Ron just lets Charlie rap about his philosophy, and that's where you gain insight into Manson's pathology. 

Manson acted essentially as a pimp.  He seduced confused young girls into doing his bidding, and took in some dumb thugs, like Tex Watson and Bobby Beausoleil, as muscle.  If he had been born in 1964 instead of 1934, he would have done the same crap, just without the benefit of the hippie movement.  Manson did not represent the hippie movement, he merely perverted it for his own ends.

I think the reason they finally forbade press interviews with Charlie was every time they did it, he would get heaps and heaps of fan mail.  Just by presenting his anti-establishment ranting and phony ecological passions on TV, he could sucker thousands of young people into following him as some persecuted and misunderstood Christ figure.
::)

Written By: jenlou on 04/07/10 at 7:02 pm

Helter skelter scared the bajeebies out of me when I was young.  I watched it while my parents were out for the evening and older siblings were watching us.  Needless to say I didn't catch Part 2 until many years later.

Another great movie that still gives me the creeps was Burnt Offerings with Karen Black.  She and her husband, son and great aunt take care of an old house for the summer.  CLASSIC

The Initiation of Sarah with Kay Lenz  and Morgan Fairchild about a sorority house was a great movie.  Black Sunday(the original) about a killer inside a sororiy house was so scary.  Most of these movies were watched when my parents would be out and my older sisters were babysitting.  I had many sleepless nights as a child but look back and remember them fondly.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/10 at 11:21 pm

Helter skelter scared the bajeebies out of me when I was young.  I watched it while my parents were out for the evening and older siblings were watching us.  Needless to say I didn't catch Part 2 until many years later.

Another great movie that still gives me the creeps was Burnt Offerings with Karen Black.  She and her husband, son and great aunt take care of an old house for the summer.  CLASSIC

The Initiation of Sarah with Kay Lenz  and Morgan Fairchild about a sorority house was a great movie.  Black Sunday(the original) about a killer inside a sororiy house was so scary.  Most of these movies were watched when my parents would be out and my older sisters were babysitting.  I had many sleepless nights as a child but look back and remember them fondly.

They used to break the movie into two parts.  The first part ends with Vince Bugliosi saying "My watch stopped!" and the camera pans to Manson (Steve Railsback) is staring him down with demonic expression!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angry5.gif

Written By: lola669 on 04/08/10 at 11:50 am

I don't think this was a T.V. movie (I saw it on T.V., does that count?) it scared the crap outta me as a kid, Satan's Skin/The Blood on Satan's Claw.

Written By: Tim Sunday on 04/15/10 at 12:58 pm

I remember Gargoyles and the first Night Stalker movie, but I wasn't allowed to watch much of them. One movie I was allowed to watch that freaked me out was Snowbeast from 1977. It starred Bo Svenson and Yvette Mimieux. About a Colorado ski resort terrorized by a yeti. What made it creepy for me was that you rarely got a look at the beast (so you couldn't tell it was a guy in a cheesy costume), and I was reading a lot about Bigfoot at the time -- in fact I wanted to be a professional Bigfoot hunter!

Written By: smittykins on 08/22/10 at 8:52 am

For me, it was "Sarah T:  Portrait Of A Teenage Alcoholic" from 1975/6.  I was about 9 at the time and it freaked.me.out.  At the end, when she finally admits she's an alcoholic, I thought that meant "there's no hope for me."  It wasn't until I got older that I learned that's the fiirst step to recovery.

Written By: Hud on 04/20/11 at 4:24 am

I remember Gargoyles and the first Night Stalker movie, but I wasn't allowed to watch much of them. One movie I was allowed to watch that freaked me out was Snowbeast from 1977. It starred Bo Svenson and Yvette Mimieux. About a Colorado ski resort terrorized by a yeti. What made it creepy for me was that you rarely got a look at the beast (so you couldn't tell it was a guy in a cheesy costume), and I was reading a lot about Bigfoot at the time -- in fact I wanted to be a professional Bigfoot hunter!

I see more than one has beaten me to Gargoyles. I was between 9 and 11 when it came out and still have fond memories of that one. You just had to be there then. Youngers won't get old cheesy stuff with primitive special effects which were actually pretty darn good for an early '70's tv movie, but Bernie Casey in that terrifying costume with those demonic goat eyes and deep synthesized maraca voice and the scant few townsfolk hunting them in the desert in the dark was about as much as a kid could handle then.
Like Tim Sunday, I was into bigfoot also and those '70's documentaries like Bigfoot: Man or Beast, Mysterious Monsters, In Search of... and Legend of Boggy Creek kept me reading about that subject for decades.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/12 at 2:40 pm

Holy crap, it turned up on YouTube.

The bus accident movie which I referred to in my first post, that is.  :o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhufbMaKCfk

It's kind of funny revisiting this but I can remember being kind of scared to ride the bus to school the day after watching this movie and being relieved after we made it safely across the railroad tracks.  ;D

I think all the kids crying while the EMTs are extracting them from the wreckage was what made it so freaky.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/12 at 3:58 pm

"What's wrong with this bus? We always get this bus!"

Well, why the fudge don't you know what's wrong with it yet, then?

I love how they hug each other instead of trying to not die. and yeah, when they cut the bus open it's kinda creepy because you can't really make out what's in there.  :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/12 at 4:31 pm

"What's wrong with this bus? We always get this bus!"

Well, why the fudge don't you know what's wrong with it yet, then?

I love how they hug each other instead of trying to not die. and yeah, when they cut the bus open it's kinda creepy because you can't really make out what's in there.  :o

I remember when I saw this as a kid, thinking, "Why are they just sitting there hugging each other? Why aren't they trying to get out of the bus?" But seeing it again now, it hit me: The girl in purple was evil. For you see, she instantly realized that there was no way that she could escape from the bus in time and so, thinking quickly, she grabbed hold of her friend and selfishly used her body to shield herself from the direct impact of the train. And it worked, because the girl in red ended up getting killed while the girl in purple lost a leg and suffered some head trauma but ultimately ended up surviving and living a relatively normal life.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/12 at 4:41 pm

NICE. so it was all, i love you, now please be my side-impact airbag. wasn't she also the one who said the thing about the posthumous poetry collection, "yeah, you'll be too dead to care?" that was kinda ominous. they knew how to do subtle little character things to create evil like that back in those days. i kinda wanna see that movie, now.

i've been reading a book about the 70s made-for-TV ABC movie of the week, and just in general made-for-TV movies were actually pretty awesome for a while back in the day. they put a lot of money into them and would hire pretty good writers. as i remember it was a decision to go on the offense against hollywood. i think round about the late-70s, early 80s, they went down the crapper.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/12 at 5:02 pm

NICE. so it was all, i love you, now please be my side-impact airbag. wasn't she also the one who said the thing about the posthumous poetry collection, "yeah, you'll be too dead to care?" that was kinda ominous. they knew how to do subtle little character things to create evil like that back in those days. i kinda wanna see that movie, now.

i've been reading a book about the 70s made-for-TV ABC movie of the week, and just in general made-for-TV movies were actually pretty awesome for a while back in the day. they put a lot of money into them and would hire pretty good writers. as i remember it was a decision to go on the offense against hollywood. i think round about the late-70s, early 80s, they went down the crapper.

I also love how incompetent the bus driver is. It's like, "OK, I can't quite get this thing into gear so I think I'll just step on the brake and stop halfway across the tracks so I can start over again. Then, when he sees the train coming, he just sits there flailing away at the gear shifter, apparently in such a panic that he forgot that you have to PUSH IN THE CLUTCH before you can get the transmission into gear.

That's the only possible explanation I can think of, because I have 20 years of experience driving large commercial vehicles with air brakes and non-synchronized manual transmissions and I can't think of any kind of mechanical failure that could have caused this to happen the way it did.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/12 at 5:32 pm

I also love how incompetent the bus driver is. It's like, "OK, I can't quite get this thing into gear so I think I'll just step on the brake and stop halfway across the tracks so I can start over again. Then, when he sees the train coming, he just sits there flailing away at the gear shifter, apparently in such a panic that he forgot that you have to PUSH IN THE CLUTCH before you can get the transmission into gear.

That's the only possible explanation I can think of, because I have 20 years of experience driving large commercial vehicles with air brakes and non-synchronized manual transmissions and I can't think of any kind of mechanical failure that could have caused this to happen the way it did.
my guess is the writers probably were on a conference call with some producer driving an audi with an automatic, and were all, "Look, We've got our Class A Truck License consultant here and he says that with that kind of transmission, it just wouldn't be possible to get stuck on the railway like that and with the non-synchonized manual transmissions commonly used in public education transportation today--" and the producer went "I don't give a damn! Write it how I want! Get that bus on the tracks! Get those kids goddamn well killed! Get 'em moaning! I want blood! Get that hug of death in there! Do it, or we don't have a goddamn MOVIE."

Written By: Tia on 02/08/12 at 5:41 pm

i've got it 100% backward. it's the hug-of-death chick who's going to die and leave her poetry to her parents. i dunno, that could work too. i guess it depends where the movie actually went with it.

in speaking of technical screw-ups, does it seem like they did an awful lot of yanking people with potentially injured necks and spines around like they were ragdolls? i like where they just grab the bus driver by the face and waggle his head around to make sure it wouldn't paralyze him.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/12 at 5:48 pm

i like where they just grab the bus driver by the face and waggle his head around to make sure it wouldn't paralyze him.

They just did that to make sure that incompetent boob would never be able to drive a school bus again.

We need more threads like these.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/08/12 at 6:22 pm

I do not remember that movie but that had to be the slowest moving speeding train.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/08/12 at 8:10 pm

2 of the most memorable movies for me.  All The Kind Strangers, and Dark Night Of The Scarecrow.  Ok #2 was actually very early 80s but watching it you'd think it was 70s.

Not really scary by today's standards but I was pretty young back then.  Sometimes what you don't see scares you more.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/09/12 at 6:18 pm

I do not remember that movie but that had to be the slowest moving speeding train.  ;D

Wow.

I had not really paid much attention to the train before, but since you called attention to it I noticed something I hadn't before: When the kids first screamed, "THE TRAIN!" it was moving so slow that not only could all the kids have gotten off the bus in time but they also probably would have had enough time to get behind the damn thing and push it off the tracks. But when it actually collided with the bus it seemed to have been moving quite a bit faster.  Which can only mean one thing:

The engineer was accelerating.  :o :o :o

I knew something wasn't right about this and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but now that I observed the train more closely I can only come to one conclusion:

This was no accident.

This was actually a homicide that was cleverly staged as an accident. The girl in red was the target; the bus driver, the train engineer and the girl in purple were co-conspirators, and all the other kids on the bus who got killed or injured were just unfortunate souls who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know about the motive but when you look at the actions of all the partied involved it seems quite possible that the whole thing could have been deliberate.

The bus driver grinds the gears a couple times, starts rolling across the tracks, and then hits the brakes about halfway across. You can actually hear the brakes squeak when the bus stops, plus if there was some kind of mechanical breakdown you would have heard some telltale clang or pop. But there wasn't. Then, as the train is coming, the bus driver pretends to fumble around with the gear shifter as if there was something wrong.

I already explained about the girl in purple "embracing" the girl in red to use her as a human shield, but wasn't it awful convenient that the bus just happened to stop abruptly right at the point where red girl was going to take the full impact?

And as far as the train engineer goes, as I said the train was going faster when it hit the bus than it was when the engineer first saw it. I mean, if I was a train engineer and I saw a school bus full of kids (of all things) stuck on the tracks in front of me then I'd like to think that the very first thing I would do would be to HIT THE BRAKES. Instead, he just starts blowing the horn, and if you listen carefully you'll notice that you don't actually hear the train brakes squeak until after the locomotive hits the bus. And even then, after he hits the brakes the train only goes another couple hundred feet. Meaning that if the engineer had hit the brakes as soon as he saw the bus stopped on the tracks he probably would have had enough time to stop before colliding with it.

Watch it again and tell me if I'm wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhufbMaKCfk

I have way too much time on my hands.  :-[

Written By: Tia on 02/14/12 at 7:40 am

So I'm clicking around on "Long Journey Back," it looks like it was an adaptation of a harlequin novel based on a true story. the gal ends up losing her leg and having amnesia and has to go through a big rehab program to get her memory back. whether when she gets her memory back she remembers that she was the victim of an overarching conspiracy rivaling the one that took down kennedy in 1963 is unclear, since i can't find any spoilers. it's actually available on VHS on amazon for about 75 bucks. a tempting proposition. it seems pretty well loved, it gets a 7.4, thereabout, on IMDB. that's a great score for an old made-for-TV movie like that.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/05/12 at 5:34 pm

I was only 5 or 6 when I saw it on t.v. but Ssssssss (1973) used to freak me out.  I just found a copy of it at wal-mart on a DVD with about 7 other B movies.  Pure awesomeness.

Poor Dirk Benedict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASZ4U3TFxrs&feature=related

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/05/12 at 5:39 pm

Again, wasn't a tv movie,  but saw it on t.v.

The Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWea3Eu97E

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/05/12 at 5:53 pm

I have Bad Ronald on DVD, bought it off e-bay a few years ago when hubby was talking about how good it was.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/12 at 9:01 pm

I was only 5 or 6 when I saw it on t.v. but Ssssssss (1973) used to freak me out.  I just found a copy of it at wal-mart on a DVD with about 7 other B movies.  Pure awesomeness.

Poor Dirk Benedict

I'm such an ophidiophobe I can hardly sit through snake stuff, even on TV.  I managed suffer through the Anaconda movies just to make myself do it, but I felt nauseous afterwards.  No other animal scares me like a snake!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/05/12 at 9:24 pm

I'm such an ophidiophobe I can hardly sit through snake stuff, even on TV.  I managed suffer through the Anaconda movies just to make myself do it, but I felt nauseous afterwards.  No other animal scares me like a snake!

I'm not a big fan myself, I still remember every encounter that I've ever had with the creatures in the "wild".  Even garter/garden? snakes.  There is something to be said though about Cobras and the way their swing their whole bodies.  Fascinating.  Yep, I'd have been dead real fast.  ;D

Unfortunately, my step-daughter has 3 snakes and if she ever comes to live with us, I'm gonna have to start liking snakes.  Blah.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/12 at 9:40 pm

I'm not a big fan myself, I still remember every encounter that I've ever had with the creatures in the "wild".  Even garter/garden? snakes.  There is something to be said though about Cobras and the way their swing their whole bodies.  Fascinating.  Yep, I'd have been dead real fast.  ;D

Unfortunately, my step-daughter has 3 snakes and if she ever comes to live with us, I'm gonna have to start liking snakes.  Blah.

If the snakes moved in, I'd move out!

The garter snake is sometimes called the garden snake.  They're the most common snake we have here in Massachusetts, in fact, they're the state reptile!  Garters are just about harmless, but I still won't go near 'em.  We do have rattlesnakes here, but not many, and you have to go waaay out in the woods to find them, thank god.  There's some up in the Quabbin wilderness area. 

Written By: Tia on 03/13/12 at 10:53 am

Again, wasn't a tv movie,  but saw it on t.v.

The Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWea3Eu97E
you know who was in that?!?!?!?!!!?!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/13/12 at 9:33 pm

you know who was in that?!?!?!?!!!?!

off the top of my head, I'd say a car.  ;D

But Imma guessing your girl, Tia (Kim Richards?) 
http://www.kimrichards.net/Kim/vidcaps/Car/gmbc-Richards%28theCar%29-006.jpg

yep, the internet is a wonderful thing where I can find that out in a matter of seconds.  8)

Written By: Cherie70 on 03/19/12 at 3:09 pm

The Omen, and The Omen II

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/10/13 at 4:12 pm

Holy crap.

Not only did I find on YouTube the other movie that inspired me to start this thread 6 years ago, I found it in its entirety.

And so my friends, I present to you The Death of Richie, starring Jackie Treehorn.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDf8EiB0Ofs

Written By: Howard on 06/10/13 at 7:08 pm

Carrie. http://www.virginmedia.com/images/pranks-carrie-590.jpg

Written By: Mushroom on 06/10/13 at 8:39 pm

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/other.jpg

This was a really freaky movie, and even more terrifying because it was in the era where "horror" movies did not need to gross you out with buckets of blood and gore everywhere.  I will not give it away, but it does involve a pair of twins, one of which is dead...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/13 at 11:04 am

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/other.jpg

This was a really freaky movie, and even more terrifying because it was in the era where "horror" movies did not need to gross you out with buckets of blood and gore everywhere.  I will not give it away, but it does involve a pair of twins, one of which is dead...

Great flick-and great book.

Cat

Written By: ninny on 06/15/13 at 4:50 pm

v362zx565fo

When Michael Calls

Written By: Butterball on 06/16/13 at 1:10 pm

v362zx565fo

When Michael Calls

I agree on this one.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/13 at 1:49 pm

v362zx565fo

When Michael Calls

What was that film about?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 06/16/13 at 2:20 pm

some guy named michael.... he kept on calling people  :D

Written By: ninny on 06/16/13 at 10:26 pm

;D Well Howard you should watch it to find out, just kidding This woman keeps getting phone calls from her dead nephew (or someone pretending to be him)

Written By: Butterball on 06/18/13 at 12:23 am

lmao!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...