inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Spinners

Written By: KKay on 03/22/07 at 8:06 pm

One of my top ten favorite bands.  These are 70s classics. 

Subject: Re: The Spinners

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/22/07 at 8:35 pm

Wow.....tough list to choose just one from. 

I'll Be Around is great, but I love One Of A Kind (Love Affair) and Could It Be I'm Falling In Love.  In the end, though....I'm going with One Of A Kind (Love Affair).

Written By: KKay on 03/22/07 at 8:38 pm

Wow.....tough list to choose just one from. 

I'll Be Around is great, but I love One Of A Kind (Love Affair) and Could It Be I'm Falling In Love.  In the end, though....I'm going with One Of A Kind (Love Affair).

see? now you say that and i like that one.
these are all songs that i never hate having stuck in my head.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/22/07 at 8:41 pm

This is the kind of music I could really listen to over and over again and not care.  The R&B/Soul of the 70s is just kick-ass music all-around.

I got really hooked on Rubberband Man when Office Depot used it in their commercials a couple years ago.  I thought it was a great use of it, and it made me go out and by a Spinners CD just so I could listen to it more often. 

Written By: KKay on 03/22/07 at 8:46 pm

This is the kind of music I could really listen to over and over again and not care.  The R&B/Soul of the 70s is just kick-ass music all-around.

I got really hooked on Rubberband Man when Office Depot used it in their commercials a couple years ago.  I thought it was a great use of it, and it made me go out and by a Spinners CD just so I could listen to it more often. 

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/22/07 at 8:59 pm

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Ditto for me.  :)

I have a whole playlist on my iPod of this particular genre of music....the Stylistics, the Chi-Lites, The Four Tops, the Temptations....good stuff.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/22/07 at 9:48 pm

The Spinners are great!    :D    It's hard to pick just one.

By the slimmest of margins I picked "(They Just Can't Stop It) Games People Play".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/22/07 at 10:53 pm

The Rubberband Man  (I listen to it all the time)

Written By: nally on 03/22/07 at 10:57 pm

I think I'll select "I'll Be Around", with "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" a close second.

Written By: whistledog on 03/23/07 at 12:07 am

"Could it Be I'm Falling in Love"

My all-time favourite from them was in 1980 with their medley of "Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time"

Written By: Nostalgic on 03/23/07 at 5:41 am

It's a tough choice 'cause I equally like I'll Be Around, Could It Be I'm Falling In Love and They Just Can't Stop It (The Games People Play), but I chose Could It Be I'm Falling In Love.

Written By: mandamoo on 03/23/07 at 8:02 am

"The Rubberband Man"

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/23/07 at 8:44 am

"The Rubberband Man"

Written By: statsqueen on 03/23/07 at 9:21 am

My all-time favourite from them was in 1980 with their medley of "Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time"

Cupid, definitely one of the best, but I also loved Could it be I'm Falling in Love and I'll be Around.  These choices are almost as difficult as picking a top EWF song!

Written By: KKay on 03/23/07 at 9:49 am

Cupid, definitely one of the best, but I also loved Could it be I'm Falling in Love and I'll be Around.  These choices are almost as difficult as picking a top EWF song!

I love Cupid too....but i listed the 70s hits that, I am pretty sure, were on the Atlantic label.

Written By: star80 on 03/23/07 at 12:08 pm

Could It Be I'm Falling In Love, but I also like Rubber Band Man and I'll Be Around

Written By: KKay on 03/24/07 at 7:44 am

Since i made this poll, i have listened to them over and over.
Moving on to my "chi Lites live" album!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/24/07 at 12:13 pm

I chose 'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love'...a fine tune!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/24/07 at 12:14 pm

That's interesting...

My all-time favorite is their other 'medley'...called 'Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me, Girl'... :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/24/07 at 12:47 pm

I'm not a huge fan, but recently I got all my & Diane's albums out of storage closet in my garage. As we're going through the records I see album of The Spinners, which of course belongs to Diane. I like a couple songs so I think I'm gonna play that album when I'm done mowing the lawn. I think it's a Hits album, but not sure.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/24/07 at 2:34 pm

Classic Philly Soul group. I loved them. My fave is Rubberband Man followed by Games People Play

Check for new replies or respond here...