inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone else remember this TV show?

Written By: GS653 on 04/17/07 at 3:29 am

I believe it was in the '70's, but not completely sure.  The show was about a guy being a secretary and his boss being female & her being the one acting sexist.  I don't recall a whole lot more about it other than it was funny.  For some reason, I also want to say that the title had the word "rose" in it.  Did I make this up...or did it really exist?  :-\\

Subject: Re: Does anyone else remember this TV show?

Written By: karen on 04/17/07 at 11:32 am

It sort of rings a very distant bell but nothing is coming to mind at the moment, sorry

Written By: arcadia on 04/21/07 at 5:04 pm

I believe it was in the '70's, but not completely sure.  The show was about a guy being a secretary and his boss being female & her being the one acting sexist.  I don't recall a whole lot more about it other than it was funny.  For some reason, I also want to say that the title had the word "rose" in it.  Did I make this up...or did it really exist?   :-\\

I believe the show was Murphy Brown.

Written By: Tina Sumpman on 04/21/07 at 11:40 pm

It may have been the late night show, Fernwood Tonight, from the creators of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.  If it is the show I am thinking of, it starred Martin Mull, and I think the male secretary was the same actor who played Andy Travis, the radio manager of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/22/07 at 4:18 am

Bosom Buddies when Kip and Henry worked in the office, their boss was female and she was a real piece of work!  Oh wait...that was probably early 80s... nevermind.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/07 at 6:18 pm

It reminds me of a Carol Burnett skit

Written By: Bruce on 04/30/07 at 12:35 pm

I believe it was in the '70's, but not completely sure.  The show was about a guy being a secretary and his boss being female & her being the one acting sexist.  I don't recall a whole lot more about it other than it was funny.  For some reason, I also want to say that the title had the word "rose" in it.  Did I make this up...or did it really exist?   :-\\

Was it something like "All that Glitters"?  I believe it had Gary Sandy in it before he was on WKRP.

Check for new replies or respond here...