inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: chicagoland kids shows

Written By: the comic on 05/08/07 at 12:28 pm

;D who here that grew up around chicago remember the ray rayner show, garfield goose, gigglesnort hotel, and the original bozo circus? :D :D

Subject: Re: chicagoland kids shows

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/08/07 at 3:47 pm

;D who here that grew up around chicago remember the ray rayner show, garfield goose, gigglesnort hotel, and the original bozo circus? :D :D

Definitely remember Ray Rayner and Garfield Goose!  I was a little tyke when I watched those!  I think the Bozo circus I watched as a kid was the original, too.  Cool subject!  :)

Can't remember Gigglesnort Hotel, though!  :-\\

Written By: the comic on 05/09/07 at 8:17 am

ray rayner was every weekday before i had to go to school, on WGN channel 9,it had something for everyone(weather, traffic reports and school closings)...i don't now about you, but i was always watching for the school closings..lol.  same with garfield goose (if i remember correctly it was on after ray rayner) bozo circus was on at noon on WGN also. gigglesnort hotel was on ABC channel 7, i'm pretty sure it was sunday morning. the blob was a big lump of clay that got molded in a different way every week on that show

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/09/07 at 9:52 pm

Speaking of Chi-Town kid's shows, let us not forget the classic, The Magic Door

A room zoom zoom
A room zoom zoom
Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly
Ah Hah Hah!

Written By: the comic on 05/10/07 at 11:37 am

now that you mention it, i remember that one too, but rarely every saw it. but while we're at it, i remember a cartoon about a teacher and class, she would draw a door on the chalkboard and they would go thru it and have adventures....but i can't remember the name for the life of me

Written By: oneno on 05/22/07 at 7:45 pm

Last year WGN aired a Christmas special with alot of original Ray Raynor and Bozo footage with the Suzy Snowflake footage,clutch cargo etc... I taped it as you never know when it may ever be shown again. It was more of retrospect homage type show, very cool.

Written By: statsqueen on 05/28/07 at 8:37 pm

We got WGN and WLS where I lived in Michigan (an hour from Chi-town).  But it wasn't always great reception.  I watched Bozo (in fact, my brother's name was drawn one time and the kid hit all 6 buckets)

Written By: KKay on 06/04/07 at 4:30 pm

a friend gave me a video of a show he knew i'd like..not very old, but I really really dig "Chic-A-Gogo"

hysterical!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/05/07 at 12:50 am

It's funny...even though I grew up in Nebraska, when we first got cable back in the early 80's we had WGN as one of the channels and I can remember watching "The Bozo Show."

Can't say I remember a whole lot about it, except that Bozo never seemed to pass up an opportunity to plug "Schneider's String Cheese."  ;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...