inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Edward Bear

Written By: whistledog on 05/11/07 at 11:31 pm

Anyone like Edward Bear?

They were a Canadian band (not a solo artist lol) named after the bear to which was the original name for Winnie the Pooh.  They formed in 1966, and in the 70s, charted a brief run of hits, also finding some success outside of Canada.  Following their break-up in 1974, lead singer Larry Evoy embarked on a solo career

Year 1970 19701971197219721972 1973 1973 1974 1974

Song Title You, Me and Mexico You Can't Deny It Spirit Song Fly Across the Sea Masquerade Last Song Close Your Eyes Walking on Back Same Old Feeling Freedom For the Stallion

Canada #3#16#86#18#7 #1 #3 #33 #36 #20

Australia ---------- #5 -- -- -- --

United States #68-------- #3 #37 -- -- --

Subject: Re: Edward Bear

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/12/07 at 1:05 am

I think I recall seeing them perform on tv in 1972. It was on The Midnight Special or Don Kirshner's In Concert  they did Last Song and it was pretty awesome although I think the song and that performance is seared into my brain as I was watching it at a friends house and we were all under the influence of a powerful psychedlic.      part of my crazy history/past

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/12/07 at 5:59 am

I'm pretty sure I heard Close Your Eyes at some point but don't remember it.

That being said, I do like Last Song.  :)

I'm not familiar with their other hits.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/12/07 at 4:40 pm

The only song I know is Last Song and I always wondered what happened to the guy who sang it.  I didn't know Edward Bear was the name of a group. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/07 at 12:10 pm

I LOVE Last Song.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...