inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm going nuts over this 70's rock band song ending with do do do do do do

Written By: bethany on 05/20/07 at 5:40 pm

I'm going nuts over this 70's rock song where the band sings out the end of the song with do-do-do-do-do, doo-do-do-do-do. Can anyone help me here and keep from going insane ;) Thanks

Subject: Re: I'm going nuts over this 70's rock band song ending with do do do do do do

Written By: bethany on 05/20/07 at 5:41 pm

I guess it's more like a chorus of:
do-do-do-do-do, doo-do-do-do-do

Subject: Re: I'm going nuts over this 70's rock band song ending with do do do do do do

Written By: loki 13 on 05/20/07 at 5:58 pm

Maybe,

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (HeartBreaker).....The Rolling Stones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EVFnKrKKY&mode=related&search=

Written By: johnny on 05/20/07 at 10:58 pm

I'm going nuts over this 70's rock song where the band sings out the end of the song with do-do-do-do-do, doo-do-do-do-do. Can anyone help me here and keep from going insane ;) Thanks

the band you're thinking of is the Police. they sing don't stand so close to me and every breath you take. the song you're thinking of is de do do do, de da da da. they rock real good you're right.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/07 at 2:20 pm

In case you didn't notice on one of the other threads, Belle Du Jour thought that maybe the song you were referring to was 'Love The One You're With' by Stephen Stills (of Crosby, Stills & Nash)...

...and I have to agree!  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/21/07 at 4:01 pm

Well it's not a rock song, but for my guess is "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel

Written By: danootaandme on 05/21/07 at 4:25 pm

Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed

and the colored girls go   do do do do do do do do do do do do do......

Now that song will be stuck in my head for a week, but that's ok  ;)

Written By: zcrito on 05/21/07 at 5:40 pm

In case you didn't notice on one of the other threads, Belle Du Jour thought that maybe the song you were referring to was 'Love The One You're With' by Stephen Stills (of Crosby, Stills & Nash)...

...and I have to agree!  :)

I think Danoota got it, but 'Love The One You're With' ? Do you mean "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" instead ?

Please answer, bethany. I have got to know the answer!

Written By: whiteport on 05/21/07 at 9:22 pm

Maybe,

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (HeartBreaker).....The Rolling Stones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EVFnKrKKY&mode=related&search=

That's the one that came to my mind, cool old video btw.

Written By: KKay on 05/21/07 at 9:43 pm

now i'm dying to know! hey bethany!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/07 at 7:19 am

I guess it's more like a chorus of:
Can you recall any of the other lyrics to the song?

Written By: not bethany on 04/15/10 at 12:09 am

Whats funny is 3 years later I'm doing the same search and it lead me here. The song was LOU READ WALK ON THE WILD SIDE. So, thank you Bethany and everyone else. I was going to lose my mind trying to think of it

Written By: yelimsexa on 04/15/10 at 7:48 am

I believe it's Crosby, Stills and Nash's Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, and it actually came out in 1969.

Written By: karen on 04/15/10 at 3:32 pm

I think Danoota got it, but 'Love The One You're With' ? Do you mean "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" instead ?

Please answer, bethany. I have got to know the answer!

Love The one You're With has lots of do do do bits in it, they just don't appear in the lyrics

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/10 at 9:13 pm

Are you sure you didn't hear this song on the Muppet Show???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA90IlymdZ4&feature=related

Written By: Joe Dirt on 02/14/12 at 8:53 pm

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (R.I.P. january 4, 2011)

Written By: Dan on 07/11/13 at 11:10 pm

Try Sweet Judy Blue eyes by Crosby, Stills and Nash.....this should be what you're looking for either way its a GREAT SONG!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/12/13 at 7:32 pm

Hmm Hmm Him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPeV8zNIkyI

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/15 at 4:24 am

Methinks this topic is as dead as a do do?

Written By: Howard on 04/16/15 at 3:31 pm

Could it be The Police?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/16/15 at 10:49 pm

Could it be The Police?

The Police?? I always saw them as an early 80s new wave band! :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/15 at 12:10 am

Could it be The Police?
That was "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da".

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/15 at 12:11 am

The Police?? I always saw them as an early 80s new wave band! :-\\
They were active from 1978.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/15 at 6:55 am

That was "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da".

Oh OK, I thought it was the same thing.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/15 at 6:56 am

They were active from 1978.

till Sting went solo and was successful after that.

Written By: Katluver on 05/10/15 at 12:46 pm

Walk On the Wild Side---Lou Reed
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KaWSOlASWc

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 10:26 am

It's all a load of do-do!

Written By: Howard on 03/09/16 at 2:39 pm

So is it The Police?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 3:08 pm

So is it The Police?  ???
We may not know now.

Written By: Howard on 03/10/16 at 3:52 pm

We may not know now.

so the search is over for now until we can find the name of the band who sings the lyrics? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...