inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Editors for inthe70s.com needed!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/07 at 2:28 pm

I'm looking for people who are willing to review the new submissions sent in to the 70s site, inthe70s.com

It's relatively easy, and is complete done within your browser (no need for extra software).  What you do review the stuff submitted in the forms for a particular page on inthe70s.com.  If the section is Christmas Music, you will log into a special editing page, that shows you the oldest waiting entry about Christmas Music that someone entered into the form on the Christmas section.  You then make sure it's not already listed, and maybe hit a button to clean up the capitalization of the names, and fix spelling errors and hit a submission button.  If it doesn't belong, hit delete.

How often do you need to review entries? As often as you like.  Once a week is fine, more frequently is better.

What do you get?  It's not a paid position (sorry!), but you do get a new role on inthe00s and access to a couple messageboards only available to moderators and editors here at inthe00s.

http://www.inthe70s.com/editors/editor.html

The unassigned sections are all available. The time line pages don't need an editor though.

Subject: Re: Editors for inthe70s.com needed!

Written By: KKay on 05/29/07 at 7:00 pm

Hi Chucky!
I would love to. I have more time on my hands now.
I'm interested in....

# Seventies Concerts
# Favorite Songs from Movies
# Album Reviews

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/07 at 9:33 pm

Hi Chucky!
I would love to. I have more time on my hands now.
I'm interested in....

# Seventies Concerts
# Favorite Songs from Movies
# Album Reviews

send me a PM with a username and password to use, and I'll set those up

Written By: Tia on 05/29/07 at 9:38 pm

i assume i'd wanna use a different password from the inthe00s site, but do i have to use a different username? i'm confused.

i'd like to get

Scenes From Movies of the Seventies
The Worst Seventies Movies
Memorable Television Events From The Seventies

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/30/07 at 10:20 am

i assume i'd wanna use a different password from the inthe00s site, but do i have to use a different username? i'm confused.

i'd like to get

Scenes From Movies of the Seventies
The Worst Seventies Movies
Memorable Television Events From The Seventies

you can use whatever you want.  I can't look up passwords, which is why I ask people for them when setting up new accounts.  Just send me a PM and I'll get you set up.  I've got a few to do today.

Written By: Tia on 05/30/07 at 10:32 am

you can use whatever you want. 
i'm always and forever tia!!!!

i'll PM you.

Check for new replies or respond here...