inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Plastic popsicle sticks?

Written By: gemini on 05/23/07 at 5:24 am

I remember these popsicles sticks that were plastic, and they had holes all the way down the stick and you could put them together to build things. Does anyone remember these or what kind of ice cream or popsicle they were? For some reason I thought of those the other day.  ???

Subject: Re: Plastic popsicle sticks?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/23/07 at 2:35 pm

I remember these popsicles sticks that were plastic, and they had holes all the way down the stick and you could put them together to build things. Does anyone remember these or what kind of ice cream or popsicle they were? For some reason I thought of those the other day.  ???

I totally remember seeing those before..but I can't remember anything about them. :-\\

Written By: fishryc on 05/25/07 at 5:17 pm

"Elsie Sticks".

They were made by Borden brand dairy products and "Elsie" was their "mascott / advertisement" logo whom happened to be a cow, hence, representing dairy products.................

S

Written By: Snoopygirl on 05/31/07 at 5:02 pm

I remember these. I think they came in different colors also, didn't they? I used to have a lot of them cause I used to eat a lot of ice cream as a kid. They don't make them anymore, do they??

Written By: 7o\\\'s chick on 06/17/07 at 11:39 am

Yes I remember these popsicle sticks!!!  My brother and I had a lot of them but I don't remember what we built with them.  As far as where they came from?  I think my Mom bought Ice cream bars from the milk man that delivered milk and other dairy products to our house and the sticks were on them. Maybe Bordon's?? Wow the things you think of when you get older.  Do you remember getting toy cars in laundry detergent and sometimes towels?  Or how about Fuzzy Wuzzy soap shaped like animals and when the soap was all gone there was a little plastic toy in the middle.  The soap got all fuzzy when it dried after using it.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/18/07 at 1:14 am

I remember these too.  I was always building little houses and stuff, and then I'd get bored and go play by Atari.  ;D

Written By: gemini on 06/18/07 at 5:53 pm

Thanks everyone! Elsie sticks, huh? Didn't even know they had a name. I'll definately go look them up.

Written By: Shay on 01/16/09 at 3:27 pm

Loved them!
Check out this link:

http://www.birdsjustwannahavefun.com/images/sticks_plastic.jpg

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/24/09 at 8:54 pm

Plastic Popsicle sticks from "Hoodsie" Ice Cream trucks. Remember those? Sherbert in clear palstic cones with a circus character shaped at the end of the stick? If the character was a Hoodsie truck you got a free ice-cream.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 01/25/09 at 8:06 am

When it came to stuff from the Ice Cream Truck ( MommaMommaMomma! The Ice Cream Man! Can I have some money?!?), I always got the Screwball, sort of a plastic cone with a kind of sherbet in it, and a gumball at the bottom. We used to buy the Bordon's Ice Cream Popsicles at the store, which is how I got my building sticks.

Check for new replies or respond here...