inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One Tin Soldier

Written By: whistledog on 06/19/07 at 3:11 pm

One Tin Soldier is a song written in 1969 by Dennis Lambert and Brian Potterthat, the production team behind a Canadian group called The Original Caste.  In late 1969, The Original Caste issued it as their second single, and it became a smash hit in Canada, also reaching the US Top 40.  Despite further hits in Canada, 'One Tin Soldier' would become their only entry into the Billboard Hot 100

In 1971, 'One Tin Soldier' was covered by an American group called Coven, who recorded it for the movie 'Billy Jack'.  It became a bigger hit in America, and also became the only hit for Coven

'One Tin Soldier' was not written by a Canadian, so the Coven version did not qualify for Canadian Content

YouTube Links:
The Original Caste - One Tin Soldier
Coven - One Tin Soldier

The Original Caste - Discography
1970 - One Tin Soldier 
1970 - Mr. Monday
1970 - Country Song
1970 - Ain't That Tellin' You People
1971 - Sault Ste Marie
1973 - One Tin Soldier <re-release>

Coven - Discography
1971 - One Tin Soldier
1973 - One Tin Soldier <re-release>
1974 - One Tin Soldier <re-release>
1974 - One Tin Soldier <re-entry>

Subject: Re: One Tin Soldier

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/07 at 4:12 pm

I LOVE One Tin Soldier. Used to sing it all the time. I'm sure if I reached deep into my memory, I could recall all the lyrics.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 06/19/07 at 5:17 pm

I LOVE One Tin Soldier. Used to sing it all the time. I'm sure if I reached deep into my memory, I could recall all the lyrics.

Cat

Yep, me too! "One tin soldier rides away"  :(  Hey, I don't remember the sad smilies eyes moving  :o

Written By: nally on 06/19/07 at 5:23 pm

Yep, me too! "One tin soldier rides away"   :(  Hey, I don't remember the sad smilies eyes moving  :o

Me neither, but they did on the special "holiday" emoticons.

Check for new replies or respond here...