inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the name of this toy??? I need help!!!

Written By: swampmon on 08/28/07 at 2:54 pm

I am trying to find the maker and the name of this: You would attach this to your bicycle grip and could rev it to sound similar to a motorcycle. I can't for the life of me remember who made this. I think it was Black in color. Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Subject: Re: What was the name of this toy??? I need help!!!

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/31/07 at 10:13 am

It's called IDEAL RRRRAW POWER BICYCLE HANDLE .

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b2/1a/70f5_1.JPG

There's one on e-bay item number 180152940714 

Written By: swampmon on 09/04/07 at 12:07 pm

Well, I couldn't get it due to other bidders. Really wanted it for my kid.... oh well. :\'(

Written By: Lisa Arata on 09/05/07 at 10:35 am

Here: Get a clothes pin or some kind of clip. Take a playing card or some other card, and clip the card to the back wheel of the bike in such a way that the card flaps loudly against the spokes when the bike is being ridden. It sounds, with some imagination, like a motorcycle engine.  8)

You probably heard of that already but just thought I'd mention it.

Written By: swampmon on 09/05/07 at 11:19 am

Thanks for the info, but I had this toy and wanted to see if my son could have the same toy.

Written By: anthead on 09/06/07 at 6:09 pm

Here: Get a clothes pin or some kind of clip. Take a playing card or some other card, and clip the card to the back wheel of the bike in such a way that the card flaps loudly against the spokes when the bike is being ridden. It sounds, with some imagination, like a motorcycle engine.  8)

You probably heard of that already but just thought I'd mention it.

nice! i wrecked TONS of jedi cards this way :(

Written By: mark on 09/07/07 at 7:43 am

I am trying to find the maker and the name of this: You would attach this to your bicycle grip and could rev it to sound similar to a motorcycle. I can't for the life of me remember who made this. I think it was Black in color. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
 hello, if i am not mistaken that toy was called a varroom,, mark  class of 78

Written By: Nozmo on 09/09/07 at 9:56 pm

You could have saved you Jedi cards by using balloons. The more you inflate them, the higher the pitch, but they wont last as long. A little less inflation will give them a deeper sound and last longer.

The long balloons are the preferred style rather then the round ones. It is easier to tie both ends to the forks.

NozmoKing

Check for new replies or respond here...