inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The DeFranco Family

Written By: Lindee on 09/14/07 at 4:13 pm

Remember The DeFranco Family? The Canadian version of the Osmonds. Tony was the lead singer and on all of covers of teen magazines.

Subject: Re: The DeFranco Family

Written By: EthanM on 09/14/07 at 7:12 pm

They were big before I was born, but I do know a few words (and the tune) to one of their songs.

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/07 at 12:46 am

They are Canadian yes, but you know what's weird?  Because they co-wrote and recorded all their songs in the States with American producers/songwriters, they did not qualify for Canadian Content <insert confused smiley here>

I thought their version of 'Save the Last Dance For Me' was their best song!  I love it!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/07 at 12:50 pm

I remember them. We "rewrote" the song "Heartbeat" that went something like: "A heartburn, is a loveburn...etc".  :D ;D ;D

I have to admit, Tony Defranco looks VERY fine today.

http://www.defranco.com/tony%20defranco.jpg

Cat

Written By: saver on 09/24/07 at 3:00 pm

A few years ago one of the kids cable channels had a beach type event where Tony showed up with stars from the past and Tony did some singing for the memories.. he's still around!

Check for new replies or respond here...