inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ? One hit Wonder artist. Who sang/played

Written By: Cas on 09/21/07 at 9:43 pm

Hi.  I've spent hours trying to find again the artist of a "one hit wonder" of the later 70's or very early 80's.  He had that trumpet solo that was very good.  Kind of a mexican/latin kick to it.  Anyone know who i'm talking about?  I want to say his name is something like Gilbert Magaloni, but i might be way off.  Please help.  Thanks  :-\\

Subject: Re: ? One hit Wonder artist. Who sang/played

Written By: whiteport on 09/21/07 at 10:16 pm

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/SirDroopy_2006/Chuck_Mangione_-_Feels_So_Good.jpg?

Written By: Cas on 09/21/07 at 10:23 pm

Hi.  I've spent hours trying to find again the artist of a "one hit wonder" of the later 70's or very early 80's.  He had that trumpet solo that was very good.  Kind of a mexican/latin kick to it.  Anyone know who i'm talking about?  I want to say his name is something like Gilbert Magaloni, but i might be way off.  Please help.  Thanks  :-\\

Ha!!
That's him!  Thanks so much

Written By: whistledog on 09/23/07 at 8:35 pm

Chuck Mangione had a few hits.  Off the top of my head, one I can think of is 'Give it All You Got' which was christnened as the theme to the 1980 Winter Olympics.  It was in the US Top 40 in 1980, and was also the 2nd song to debut in January of 1980 to reach the Top 20.  The first was 'On the Radio' by Donna Summer

Check for new replies or respond here...