inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone help me in finding Amazin Man by Idi Amin (really by John Bird)?

Written By: Banks on 09/22/07 at 8:03 am

Hi...

I am trying to find the song Amazin' Man by Idi Amin (actually it was sung by a guy acting as Idi Amin who's name is John Bird). If anyone has this as a wmv file of this song on their computer if they could possibly email it to me.

Even an mp3 file of this song would be okay, Id just have to try to work out how to convert it to a wmv file using media player.

The chorus of the song goes like this:

'Idi, Idi, Idi Amin
Most amazin' man, that's even been
He be General, de President, de king of the scene
Idi, Idi, Idi Amin'

Anyway...Thanks in advance.

AN

Subject: Re: Can anyone help me in finding Amazin Man by Idi Amin (really by John Bird)?

Written By: crazygreg on 09/22/07 at 10:15 am

I have a CD called "The collected broadcast of Idi Amin" and track 10 is the track you are looking for. I've got it in my Real player Library, any ideas on how I can send it to you?
yours
Crazygreg 

Subject: Re: Can anyone help me in finding Amazin Man by Idi Amin (really by John Bird)?

Written By: Banks on 09/22/07 at 6:51 pm

Awsome!!!

Yes, my email address is:

hecklejecklelove@hotmail.com

I have other email address you could try:

pjb_3@hotmail.com

Im not sure if you know how to send a music file via email, but I assume it would be the same as sending a text file.

Thank you so much for offering...I cant wait to hear the song again!!!

AN

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/25/07 at 12:51 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Never heard that before.  Sounds like a hoot!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/28/07 at 10:26 pm

I have a CD called "The collected broadcast of Idi Amin" and track 10 is the track you are looking for.

Dude, you've gotta find a place to host it, even temporarily.  I think a lot of us would love to hear it.  This sounds like comedy gold.  Doubly so if it's a parody of the original "Black Superman" by the Kinshasa Band.  That's something so wrong it's gotta be right.

Written By: Banks on 10/02/07 at 1:36 am

Yeah guys...This song is hilarious...But it isnt a parody of Black Superman (that is if your refering to the song about Mohummad Ali(Sp?).

The song makes fun of the infamous leader, and from what Ive read, he wasnt very pleased with it either.

Its hilarious....

unfortunately, for some reason when crazygreg sent it to me my hotmail-live wouldnt allow the atachment :(

AN

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/07 at 1:59 am

John Bird is currently appearing on Bremner, Bird and Fortune on British TV, you could to Channel 4 they will pass the letter on to him.

Written By: Banks on 10/02/07 at 2:01 am

I might just do that!!!

Thanks for the info...

Would you know the address of channel 4 in Britain??? Im from Australia, so have no idea.

Thanks

AN

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/07 at 2:04 am

I might just do that!!!

Thanks for the info...

Would you know the address of channel 4 in Britain??? Im from Australia, so have no idea.

Thanks

AN
The address for Channel 4

Channel 4,
124 Horseferry Road,
London,
SW1 2TX

Written By: Banks on 10/02/07 at 2:12 am

Thanks for that!!!

Im going to send a letter ASAP!!!

In the meantime, if anyone can help me Id be very appreciative.

Even if someone can help me to somehow get Windows-Live to allow in emails with attachments itd really help.

Thanks

AN

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/07 at 2:12 am

Thanks for that!!!

Im going to send a letter ASAP!!!

In the meantime, if anyone can help me Id be very appreciative.

Even if someone can help me to somehow get Windows-Live to allow in emails with attachments itd really help.

Thanks

AN
No problem

Check for new replies or respond here...