inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1977 Birthday Party

Written By: george on 09/22/07 at 6:24 pm

Can you guys help me?  I am throwing a birthday party with the theme of 1977 (30th birthday) and I need some ideas for food, activities (maybe?), one signature cocktail and outfits.  I have some ideas, but I would love to see what you guys think as well.

Thanks for the help!!

Subject: Re: 1977 Birthday Party

Written By: Brigitte on 09/22/07 at 6:57 pm

Fondue? They were really popular in the 70's and they are making a huge come-back too! They are only $30 or $40 bucks for a fondue set and they are great!
It gets everyone together eating but the food never gets cold- so you can take your time and enjoy!
I would sudgest doing a cheese fondue, you can dip french bread,ham,veggie's whatever!

Make sure you got lots of retro music as well!
Have Fun!

Written By: Banks on 09/22/07 at 7:07 pm

Id also suggest watching Saturday Night Fever for some ideas on clothes etc. Maybe even watch Corvette Summer...Grab a few 'May The Force Be With You' T-shirts and include Mecco's 'Star Wars Theme' as part of the music selection. Also, if your planning on having an old TV set up with a video machine you could play 1976's King Kong.

AN

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/22/07 at 7:29 pm

For the women, feathered hair became huge that year. Wrap-around skirts were also very popular...Beige and maroon colored clothing was popular. Peasent tops were popular. Wearing little scarves around your neck was in....bell bottoms were still in.....I really know much more about womens clothing then mens  :-\\.

Of course leisure suits were popular for men. Disco fashions in general became big that year.

I didn't live in the 70's, by the way, but I read alot about 70's fashion.

Written By: Marian on 09/30/07 at 3:11 pm

Can you guys help me?  I am throwing a birthday party with the theme of 1977 (30th birthday) and I need some ideas for food, activities (maybe?), one signature cocktail and outfits.  I have some ideas, but I would love to see what you guys think as well.

Thanks for the help!!
I can't think of anything that wouldn't make him wish he was born in 1957. ::)50s day was a big theme for spirit day when i was in junior high back then!

Written By: Tia on 09/30/07 at 4:13 pm

i now have the theme song from happy days in my head.

Check for new replies or respond here...