inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: song title and group needed

Written By: child of the 70s on 09/23/07 at 8:38 pm

I cannot recall the name of the group (boy girl combo) but the chorus went "baby its you, makes me feel the way that you do, i cant forget you so soon, baby its you" in the clip the woman is wearing jeans a tee and braces. can someone please tell me the song title and artists? :-\\

Subject: Re: song title and group needed

Written By: whistledog on 09/23/07 at 8:44 pm

That song is called 'Baby, It's You' by Promises.  It was a hit in 1978 (some areas in 1979)

Promises was a Canadian group based out of California (All the members are from Canada, but the group was formed in America).  With several hits overseas, they sadly had no success in North America :(

Some Trivia:  Because they formed in California, they were not recognized by CANCON as a Canadian Artist.  The rock group Steppenwolf also fell pray to this

Written By: child of the 70s on 09/23/07 at 10:02 pm

Thank you very much.....youve helped immensly

Written By: Banks on 09/24/07 at 11:00 pm

I love that song!!! The mixture of melodic ballad (sung by the male) in the verses and the rock sung by the girl in the chorus catches me every time for some reason.

AN

Check for new replies or respond here...