inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember The Dramatics

Written By: biggurl1965 on 10/03/07 at 9:26 pm

They are one of my FAVORITE 70's R&B Groups!
I grew up listening to such songs as In The Rain, I Can't Get Over You, Shake It Well, and What You See Is What You Get but the song that always gets me through a rough day in the office is Hey You (Get Off My Mountain)
I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy of their greatest hits on CD

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember The Dramatics

Written By: gumbypiz on 10/05/07 at 2:06 am

The Dramatics were great.  8)

One of my favorite tunes by them is "Get Up to Get Down".
Very Funky (featured in the movie "Dead Presidents").

The Dramatics were kind of like a down and dirty version of the Four Tops or Temptations.
Stax/Volt artists always seemed a bit grittier and funkier than the Motown ones, and got less recognition (too bad).

There is a Best Of CD, just don't expect to find it around, used to stocked at Tower, but now that they're gone...

Try Amazon.com or like sites, its out there!

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember The Dramatics

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/05/07 at 12:00 pm

The Dramatics were underrated, if you ask me.  :)

They had a few mid- and uptempo tunes, but their forte seemed to be soulful ballads.  The "Shake It Well" album had a knock-off-your-socks ballad on it called "Ocean Of Thoughts And Dreams" - a real gem, of the slow-dance variety.

Other faves are "What You See Is What You Get", "In The Rain", "Fell For You", and "Hey You (Get Off My Mountain)".

Check for new replies or respond here...