inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: commercial jingles

Written By: ninny on 10/17/07 at 2:01 pm

;D maybe i am just getting old, but does anyone else go around singing or humming commercial jingles from the 60's &70's. Yesterday i kept singing "bring out the Hellmans and bring out the best",I sometimes sing other ones too.

Subject: Re: commercial jingles

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/17/07 at 6:40 pm

Whenever I make tuna salad I sing the Bumble Bee Tuna song...
Bum, bum, Bumble Bee.  Bumble Bee Tuna.
I love Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee tuna.
Yum, yum Bumble Bee....

Written By: Brigitte on 10/17/07 at 10:30 pm

You two watch too much TV!

Written By: ninny on 10/18/07 at 6:41 am

You two watch too much TV!
;)well maybe too much in the 70's not so much now,I'm sure lots of people remember commercial jingles like Armour hot dogs....hot dogs,Armour hotdogs what kinda kids eat Armour hot dogs, fat kids, skinny kids,kids who climb on rocks,tough kids,sissy kids,even kids with chicken pox love hot dogs Armour hot dogs,the dogs kids love to bite.

Written By: Brigitte on 10/18/07 at 7:56 am

;)well maybe too much in the 70's not so much now,I'm sure lots of people remember commercial jingles like Armour hot dogs....hot dogs,Armour hotdogs what kinda kids eat Armour hot dogs, fat kids, skinny kids,kids who climb on rocks,tough kids,sissy kids,even kids with chicken pox love hot dogs Armour hot dogs,the dogs kids love to bite.

Oh yeah, my boyfriend sings that one alot!
I don't remember that one but I do remember this one...
"I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be, 'cuz if I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner

or

My baloney has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. My baloney has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R

Written By: ninny on 10/18/07 at 8:32 am

Oh yeah, my boyfriend sings that one alot!
I don't remember that one but I do remember this one...
"I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner, that is what I'd truly like to be, 'cuz if I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner

or

My baloney has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. My baloney has a second name it's M-A-Y-E-R
:)2 more classics. There was one for a TV dinner,I'm not sure which, it went" how can you handle a hungry man the man handlers" I think Windex had "grey skies are going to clear up just put on a happy face"

Written By: whistledog on 10/18/07 at 11:52 am

One that still gets stuck in my head ...

"Whatever it is, I think I see.  Becomes a tootsie roll to me"

Written By: ninny on 10/18/07 at 12:35 pm

One that still gets stuck in my head ...

"Whatever it is, I think I see.  Becomes a tootsie roll to me"
You got me with that one I do not remember that. How about " I'm a Chiquita banana and i come to say" or "sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't"-Almond Joy-and then there's N E S T L E S nestles makes the very best chocolate.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/12/07 at 2:56 pm

"Nestles 100,000 dollar bar"

or "you've got your chocolate in my peanut butter well you've got your peanut butter in my chocolate..."

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/12/07 at 3:15 pm

You got me with that one I do not remember that. How about " I'm a Chiquita banana and i come to say" or "sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't"-Almond Joy-and then there's N E S T L E S nestles makes the very best chocolate.

You remember that episode of WKRP, where Jan is stoned, and her finger is doing the Nestle's jingle, sort of like the boy in the Shining?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/12/07 at 4:22 pm

I don't remember how the jingle went, but these lyrics/words for the Big Mac are still etched in my mind
"two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame-seed bun,"

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/12/07 at 4:35 pm

how about Burger King: hold the pickles hold the lettuce special orders dont upset us..all we ask is that you let us serve your way...."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/07 at 2:52 pm

Whenever I make tuna salad I sing the Bumble Bee Tuna song...
Bum, bum, Bumble Bee.  Bumble Bee Tuna.
I love Bumble Bee, Bumble Bee tuna.
Yum, yum Bumble Bee....

OMG! Me Too!  :D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, here are a few:

Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi.
I am the Frito Bandito
I love Fritos corn chips I love them I do.
I get them, I get them, I get them from you.

McDonald's is your kind of place.
They serve you rattlesnakes
They smush them in your face.
They have no parking place.
McDonald's is your kind of place
IN OUTER SPACE!

Ok, ok, that one we made up.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Let's see how many people remember THIS one:

(First voice) I am a lonely pimple as lonely as can be.
Na na na na na na na na na na
(Second voice) Don't cry pimple, I'll keep you company.
(Third voice) Hey fellow pimples, will three be a croud?
(Fourth voice) All together pimples sing real loud
(All) NAAAAAAAA

My sisters and I sing this all the time.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: fishryc on 11/14/07 at 5:53 pm

OMG! Me Too!  :D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, here are a few:

Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi.
I am the Frito Bandito
I love Fritos corn chips I love them I do.
I get them, I get them, I get them from you.

Cat

This commercial became controversial because it indicated that "Mexicans" (now grouped with all persons of "Latino" / "Hispanic" descent) were of a stereotypical "Bandito" / "Criminal" / "Robber" character (as the jingle insinuated).
Removed from the airwaves in the early days of, but now everpresent quest for political correctness................  

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/15/07 at 11:35 am

This commercial became controversial because it indicated that "Mexicans" (now grouped with all persons of "Latino" / "Hispanic" descent) were of a stereotypical "Bandito" / "Criminal" / "Robber" character (as the jingle insinuated).
Removed from the airwaves in the early days of, but now everpresent quest for political correctness................ 

Which is in contradiction to the years of Cartoons that portrayed the Mexicans as lazy, and doing nothing but sleeping all day. Now, we have Carlos Mencia...

Written By: ninny on 11/15/07 at 2:25 pm

You remember that episode of WKRP, where Jan is stoned, and her finger is doing the Nestle's jingle, sort of like the boy in the Shining?

REDRUM, REDRUM

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/16/07 at 12:44 pm

I don't know if this was from the 70's, but I remember:

Time flies
And you are there
Time cries
And helps you care
Read Ti-Ime and understand...

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/16/07 at 1:09 pm

Remember "Ancient Chinese Secret huh ??"
"Some people call them age spots  I call them ugly but what's a woman to do??" okay these arent jingles are they ...lol

Written By: ninny on 11/16/07 at 7:20 pm

Remember "Ancient Chinese Secret huh ??"
"Some people call them age spots  I call them ugly but what's a woman to do??" okay these arent jingles are they ...lol

Oh yes good old Calgon

Remember A Sprinkle a Day Helps Keep Odors Away,Have You Had Your Sprinkle Today

Written By: ninny on 11/16/07 at 7:22 pm

Time flies
And you are there
Time cries
And helps you care

That one i don't remember

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/16/07 at 9:26 pm

Though I was never around in the 70's, one episode of "That 70's Show" had some 70's commercials. They were Kentucky Fried Chicken, Dr. Pepper, and Coca-Cola.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/16/07 at 11:01 pm

I liked the Starburst one... although I can't remember all the words...

tastes like mouthwatering orange, strawberry too, luscious lemon, and tangy cherry, something something the moment that you

bite into a starburst fruit chew a burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you!

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/18/07 at 9:27 am

Though I was never around in the 70's, one episode of "That 70's Show" had some 70's commercials. They were Kentucky Fried Chicken, Dr. Pepper, and Coca-Cola.

I really miss the old KFC... back when the Colonel was still alive, and they were called Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Written By: ninny on 11/18/07 at 10:18 am

I really miss the old KFC... back when the Colonel was still alive, and they were called Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Ever since they changed it to KFC it has gone down hill, we had 2 around the area i live and they are shut down.
Does anyone remember Arthur Treachers Fish & chips? Or when Ponderosa first opened you had to walk through the line like a cow going through the corrall. Ah the good old days!

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/18/07 at 3:50 pm

Arthur Treahers Rocks! Way better food than Long John Silvers, or Cap'n D's. And I do remember Ponderosa being cafeteria style, very similar to Western Sizzlin, but better food.

Do you remember Der Wienershnitzel? They had basically just hot dogs, but they served them about 50 different ways, from corndogs to chilli chease, to just mustard and kraut.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/18/07 at 5:49 pm

Arthur Treahers Rocks! Way better food than Long John Silvers, or Cap'n D's. And I do remember Ponderosa being cafeteria style, very similar to Western Sizzlin, but better food.

Do you remember Der Wienershnitzel? They had basically just hot dogs, but they served them about 50 different ways, from corndogs to chilli chease, to just mustard and kraut.

I have a few Arthur Treacher's in my area. I never ate there since they're pricey, but I would like ti try their fish and chips.

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 7:24 am

HOLD THE FORT, do you mean you still have an Arthur Treachers in your area? I live near the Rochester, NY area and we haven't had an Arthur Treacher's there for over 30 years. They have got rid of lots of good restaurants,I loved Ground Round,can't find any close by, they got rid of the closes Chi-Chi's >:(

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/19/07 at 8:42 am

Dont get me started on KFC !! Remember Kentucky Fried Chicken we do it right..so tender and juicy bite after bite.." That was the greatest treat  to have a bucket of KFC.  My mother used to ruin the whole thing by buying the chicken only and serving left over veggies from home as the side dishes...UGH Im still angry about that...
However when we got THE ENTIRE MEAL it was the best moments of life. Now its pure crap. They have all of these other  crazy things...the chicken cheddar mashed potato soup souffle crispy skins served over a bed of rice. (im exaggerating of course but they have gone off the deep end)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/19/07 at 9:03 am

Ninny- It's very rare to see an actual Arthur Treacher's Restaurant any more... but, if you are lucky, you can still see them in the food courts of some Malls. Not quite the same, much like the Colonel, but still better than Long John's.

Written By: ninny on 11/19/07 at 10:43 am

While we are talking food does anyone have a White Castle's near them, I buy the frozen mini-burgers, but my family think they suck,so I was wondering what the one's at the restaurant taste like?

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/19/07 at 11:21 am

Hey Ninny, Ive bought the frozen White Castles, my girls love 'em. No, they dont beat the real thing and I think it has alot to do with those tasty little onions steamed to perfection.  We have a few White Castles near us...very tasty :))

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/19/07 at 2:10 pm

We have Crystals around here, which are pretty much the same thing. Fresh from the restaurant, those things are like Crack. I even found a recipe online to make my own, and they aren't too bad, but nothing like the real thing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/07 at 2:20 pm

All this talk about KFC-let's bring the thread back to the topic.  ;)

Get a bucket of chicken
finger lickin' good
have a barrel of fun
goodbye ho-hum
say hello to your family
come on everyone
at Kentucky Fried Chicken
have a barrel of fun.

Does anyone remember:

Don't cook tonight. Call Chicken DeLite

And then there is:

I am stuck on Band Aids
and Band Aid's stuck on me

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/19/07 at 4:44 pm

I remember that Catwoman !! "cause they hold on tight in the bathtub and they cling in soapy suds.....I am stuck on bandaids.." oh and one of the greatest: PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS !!!!"

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/19/07 at 5:20 pm

With all those years of marketing slogans and jingles, I think the absolute worst has to be " Have a happy Period".

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/19/07 at 9:45 pm

With all those years of marketing slogans and jingles, I think the absolute worst has to be "Have a happy Period".

THIS.

Once upon a time, that was only a Red Dwarf reference. 

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/20/07 at 7:25 am

I haven't watched as much Red Dwarf as I would like, so that doesn't make any sense to me. Great show though, and it is right up there with the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Spaced is pretty good too... from like the two episodes I got to watch part of.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/07 at 3:47 pm

This might be the 80s.

I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys' R Us kid
There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with!
From bikes, to trains, to video games,
It's the biggest toy store there is!  Gee whiz!
I don't want to grow, cuz baby if I did,
I wouldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid!

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 4:24 pm

Great one Catwoman !! Remember the Baby Alive Commercials: "New Baby Alive beautiful face..she can eat, she can drink..." or "Rub a Dub Dolly soft pretty dolly  taking her in the bath with you..taking a bath it can be lots of fun but two in the bathtub is more fun than one.."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/07 at 4:52 pm

Flatsies, flatsies. They're flat and that's that.

Yeah, I know. I had a misspent youth sitting in front of the television.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 4:58 pm

Oh please Catwoman, that was the fun of being a kid !!!! I dont remember that commercial though. "Mutual of Omaha...." forgot the rest...

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 5:01 pm

Sorry Mutual of Omaha the people you can count on when the going's rough..."

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/20/07 at 5:08 pm

"Baby That A Way"

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/20/07 at 5:21 pm

My Dad sold insurance at one point for Mutual Of Omaha, so of course I watched the show. Then in later years, it dawned on me, how much Marlin Perkins and Jaques Cousteau had in common-
M.P. " And now Jim will sneak into the Lion's den, and take a look at those Cubs..."
J.C. "And now my Son Phillipe will get into the bloody waters with the ravenous Great White Sharks..."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/07 at 5:58 pm

My Dad sold insurance at one point for Mutual Of Omaha, so of course I watched the show. Then in later years, it dawned on me, how much Marlin Perkins and Jaques Cousteau had in common-
M.P. " And now Jim will sneak into the Lion's den, and take a look at those Cubs..."
J.C. "And now my Son Phillipe will get into the bloody waters with the ravenous Great White Sharks..."

Oh yeah, Jim had all the hard work and Marlin was in the cushy studio. It always reminds me of a skit by Bill Cosby about the Lone Ranger how Tonto always went into town and got beat up. What Bill wanted to happen was:

L.R.: Tonto, you go to town.
Tonto: You go to hell, Kemosabe

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/20/07 at 6:21 pm

My favorite Lone Ranger joke involves him getting bit by a rattlesnake in a very delicate area while answering Nature's call. He sends Tonto to find a Doctor. Tonto finds a Doctor, but he is too busy delivering babies... or whatever it was that Frontier Docs did. However, he tells Tonto to make an incision over the snake bite, and suck out the poison. Tonto rides back, and informs the Lone Ranger the Doctor can't come. "Well? What did he say?" "Doctor say, you going to die Kemosabe."

Written By: ninny on 11/20/07 at 6:46 pm

Does anyone remember the butter commercial " It's not nice to fool mother nature". Or The one for Imperial margerine where you get a crown on your head.or Parkay margerine where the tub keeps saying it's butter, and the lady says Parkay,then she tries it and says butter,and the tub says Parkay.
Underalls because it makes you look like your wearing nothing at all.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/21/07 at 10:25 am

If you think its butter but its not...its Chifon ...

Written By: ninny on 11/21/07 at 11:55 am

If you think its butter but its not...its Chifon ...

Good one

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/21/07 at 12:01 pm

Ask me my name I can barely remember however I can remember most every commercial jingle....

Written By: ninny on 11/21/07 at 1:01 pm

Ask me my name I can barely remember however I can remember most every commercial jingle....

Yep- I still go around singing some of them...Oh Fab were glad there's lemon fresh-n- Borax in you

Written By: Rex on 11/21/07 at 8:41 pm

Does anyone remember the butter commercial " It's not nice to fool mother nature".

Yep, and I remember the Carol Burnett skit with Carol as mother nature. She says to Harvey Korman, "It's not nice to fool with mother nature." She then turns to Lyle Waggoner and says "But you can fool with mother nature all you want."

Does anyone remember on the Sonny & Cher show when they would take a bunch of commercial jingles and turn them into an opera?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/07 at 2:23 pm

Yep, and I remember the Carol Burnett skit with Carol as mother nature. She says to Harvey Korman, "It's not nice to fool with mother nature." She then turns to Lyle Waggoner and says "But you can fool with mother nature all you want."

Does anyone remember on the Sonny & Cher show when they would take a bunch of commercial jingles and turn them into an opera?

I can't really recall the Sonny & Cher skit but it does sound familiar. I do remember on Carol Burnett where she would be "attacked" by commercials. There was one where she walked into the bathroom and she hears music coming from the toilet. She took off the top and there was a Ty-D-Bowl man and she flushes him.  ;D ;D  There was another one with Tim Conway playing Yul Gibbons. He came into the kitchen and takes the back of a chair and started to eat it. He said, "You can find a lot of nutrition around the house. I'm going to go and eat your garage." I always loved when they would do those skits.

Cat

Written By: ninny on 11/26/07 at 8:53 am

Does anyone remember if it was Burger King that had the commercial "hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders wont upset us"?

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 9:02 am

Yes it was Ninnny !!!

Written By: ninny on 11/26/07 at 10:36 am

Yes it was Ninnny !!!

Thank You, I could not remember if that was when they started the; do it your way campaign.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 12:02 pm

Remember this Burger King commercial when they had the specialty sandwiches: Who's got the Best Darn Burgers in the Whole Wide World. who has the specialities you've never had before....BURGER KING AND I !!!"

Written By: ninny on 11/26/07 at 12:39 pm

Remember this Burger King commercial when they had the specialty sandwiches: Who's got the Best Darn Burgers in the Whole Wide World. who has the specialities you've never had before....BURGER KING AND I !!!"

I vaguely remember that
Do you remember Emmanuel Lewis doing commercials for Burger King, but I think that was in the 80's

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/26/07 at 12:41 pm

Does anyone know where this is from or what they were selling..."Take human bites!".

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 12:59 pm

Ninny: YUP !!! "I just cant figure it out ..everybody knows ....(something about the whopper) " I also remember "Take Human Bites" now I have to google it...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 1:04 pm

Does anyone know where this is from or what they were selling..."Take human bites!".

It was from a play called Gemini. Another line from the commercial for it was "I'm not hungry, I'll just pick" and she takes a huge fork-full of spaghetti and shovels it into her mouth.

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 1:18 pm

LOL Catwoman, just saw that online. I remember 'I'll just pick.."  Remember Joey Lawrence in the 'My Buddy" commercials !!

Written By: ninny on 11/26/07 at 2:37 pm

LOL Catwoman, just saw that online. I remember 'I'll just pick.."  Remember Joey Lawrence in the 'My Buddy" commercials !!

My BUDDY, MY BUDDY

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/26/07 at 2:51 pm

Then they had "Little Sister" dolls.

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/26/07 at 2:58 pm

It was from a play called Gemini. Another line from the commercial for it was "I'm not hungry, I'll just pick" and she takes a huge fork-full of spaghetti and shovels it into her mouth.

Cat

;D :D ;D :D ;D

Thank you! 

Written By: ninny on 11/27/07 at 12:52 pm

Maybe it's just me,but I think the commercials of yesteryear are better than the ones today. I especially use to like the ones where the owner of the company..etc Orville Reddenbacher,Dave Thomas & Colonel Sanders..sold there own products,it just made it seem more personal. or maybe I'm just getting old and want to hang on to my youth.

Written By: whistledog on 11/27/07 at 2:56 pm

This might be the 80s.

I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys' R Us kid
There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with!
From bikes, to trains, to video games,
It's the biggest toy store there is!  Gee whiz!
I don't want to grow, cuz baby if I did,
I wouldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid!

Cat

hence the term 'Video Games' ;D
That was definately 80s 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/27/07 at 3:02 pm

hence the term 'Video Games' ;D
That was definately 80s 8)

There were video games in the 70s. Remember Pong?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/27/07 at 4:41 pm

Was Pong the game where a gray bar just jumped back and forth across the screen ??? LOL....That reminds me of WHT Wometco Home Theater !!!

Written By: ninny on 11/27/07 at 5:16 pm

Plop.plop.fizz.fizz oh what a relief it is

I'm a Pepper. your a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/28/07 at 8:24 am

The soda commercials were the best...remember "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." commercial for Coke.

Written By: ninny on 11/28/07 at 8:45 am

The soda commercials were the best...remember "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." commercial for Coke.

"In perfect Harmony I'd like to buy the world a Coke to keep it company"
Libbys,libbys,libbys, onmy table,table,table, makes me hungry, hungry hungry

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/28/07 at 10:32 am

Good one Ninny !!!!

Written By: ninny on 11/28/07 at 10:48 am

Good one Ninny !!!!
[/quote
Thanks, you would think I was still living in the 70's ;D ;D :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/07 at 10:52 am

"In perfect Harmony I'd like to buy the world a Coke to keep it company"
Libbys,libbys,libbys, onmy table,table,table, makes me hungry, hungry hungry

The other day, I thought about Libby's, Libby's, Libby's and was going to post it but then it went out of my head. You beat me to it.  ;D ;D ;D

Let Noxcema cream your face, so the razor won't. WOO!

Cat

Written By: ninny on 11/28/07 at 11:33 am

The other day, I thought about Libby's, Libby's, Libby's and was going to post it but then it went out of my head. You beat me to it.   ;D ;D ;D

Let Noxcema cream your face, so the razor won't. WOO!

Cat

Another good one
How about Nair's " who wears short,shorts, we wear short shorts,if you dare wear short shorts,nair for short, shorts"
This one my husband walks around saying all the time "thanks for the gumball Mickey" i believe it was a Mickey mouse gumball machine

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/28/07 at 12:00 pm

Oh yeah who wears short shorts, never forget that one. More Park Sausages Ma....Please

Written By: karen on 11/28/07 at 3:20 pm

The Libby's Libby's Libby's one is still on the radio here in CT

Written By: ninny on 11/29/07 at 8:49 am

The Libby's Libby's Libby's one is still on the radio here in CT

I guess it shows it's a classic,so why mess with it.

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/29/07 at 2:22 pm

Roll and rollo to your chum...its chocolate covered caramel...roll a rollo to your friend...its chocolate coated caramel from end to end

Written By: Lindee on 11/29/07 at 5:04 pm

Ninny- It's very rare to see an actual Arthur Treacher's Restaurant any more... but, if you are lucky, you can still see them in the food courts of some Malls. Not quite the same, much like the Colonel, but still better than Long John's.

That was one of my favorite hangouts in high school in the 70s. I went to visit my brother in Ohio a year ago and the town where he lives has a Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips.

Written By: ninny on 11/29/07 at 5:22 pm

That was one of my favorite hangouts in high school in the 70s. I went to visit my brother in Ohio a year ago and the town where he lives has a Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips.

Maybe I should plan a vacation to Ohio  ;D :)

Written By: karen on 11/29/07 at 9:15 pm

Maybe I should plan a vacation to Ohio  ;D :)

Or Conecticut.  There's an Arthur Treachers take away in my town.  It is part of a Nathan's.  I haven't been yet so I don't know how it compares to 'proper' fish and chips

Written By: ninny on 11/29/07 at 10:11 pm

Or Conecticut.  There's an Arthur Treachers take away in my town.  It is part of a Nathan's.  I haven't been yet so I don't know how it compares to 'proper' fish and chips

That's cool, so if your kids don't like fish & chips,they can have hot dogs :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/07 at 1:43 pm

Look for the union label
when you are buying that coat, dress or blouse.

Remember somewhere our union's sewing,
our wages going to feed the kids, and run the house.

We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to the I.L.G. we're paying our way!

So always look for the union label,
it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A.!

Cat

Written By: lemonverbina on 11/30/07 at 2:11 pm

LOL Catwoman that opera type voice remains in my head

Written By: ninny on 11/30/07 at 2:13 pm

Look for the union label
when you are buying that coat, dress or blouse.

Remember somewhere our union's sewing,
our wages going to feed the kids, and run the house.

We work hard, but who's complaining?
Thanks to the I.L.G. we're paying our way!

So always look for the union label,
it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A.!

Cat

That is a good one

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/07 at 2:38 pm

LOL Catwoman that opera type voice remains in my head

That is a good one

The other day, we went to an auction and bought a big lot of linen, napkins, and such. We were going through them today and I found something with the label-showed the label to my husband and started singing the song.  :D ;D ;D Then I figured I would post it here.  ;)

Cat

Written By: ninny on 11/30/07 at 4:23 pm

Do you remember the old Captain Crunch commercials?,with the captain on his boat,or the Frankenberry,Count Chocula commercials. I saw Booberry at Wal-Mart and had to buy it just because my mom would never let us eat it when I was younger,it was OK but not as good as I expected it to be

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/07 at 5:33 pm

Do you remember the old Captain Crunch commercials?,with the captain on his boat,or the Frankenberry,Count Chocula commercials. I saw Booberry at Wal-Mart and had to buy it just because my mom would never let us eat it when I was younger,it was OK but not as good as I expected it to be

I used to love Frankenberry-don't recall if I ever had Count Chocula or Booberry and just had some Captain Crunch just a few weeks ago.  :D ;D ;D  I vaguely remember the commercials. 

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/07 at 12:21 am

Time flies
And you are there
Time cries
And helps you care

Not sure how long it ran, but I remember it from 1982 to be sure.  A real puke-launcher that one was!
8-P

PLOP PLOP
FIZZ FIZZ
OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS!

^ Julianna Margulies' dad wrote that one.
(Margulieses lived in NH at the time, Julianna's mother taught dance at our school.  That family was LOADED!)

YOU

DOIIINNNG

ASKED FOR IT!
YOU GOT IT!
TOYOTA!

Written By: ninny on 12/01/07 at 7:21 am

I am stuck on band aid brand cuz band aids stick on me
I am stuck on band aid brand cuz germs don't stick on me.....Not sure if this was the 70's or 80's,I heard Barrry Manilow wrote it.

Written By: ss on 01/07/14 at 4:08 am

Green giant...ho ho ho

dont squeeze the charmin..mr whipple!

gulf no knox...see youtube video, hilarious.

ask any tuna you happen to see, whats the best tuna, chicken of the sea

Palmolive with Madge, it more than just mild

Check for new replies or respond here...