inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: am i wrong

Written By: armywife2004 on 11/13/07 at 8:37 am

can some one tell me if i am wrong.... i share custody of my 2 year old daughter with her father.. he has primary custody meaning his house is her primary residence.. The other day he came to pick her up and told me that due to the fact we have shared custody we have to share the health insurance on her i told him no he is the father he should provide it he serves in the military and is also a police officer and has good benefits i think its come down to the fact that he doesnt want the full responsibilty of paying the coe payments and thats all he has to do i dont call him for help with ne of her other needs nor med when she is on them nor payment for when she goes to the drs.. When i stated y i thin he should keep the insurance on her he told me that i was stupid and wrong and that he will have to take me to court i told him go straight ahead if thin the father shoudl keep her on his that i should not have to help out with the insurance only cuz he dont pay for nothing neway i do the payment and stuff on them

Subject: Re: am i wrong

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/13/07 at 12:01 pm

Have you been to family court? These are issues that should've been ironed out in the custody agreement.  I'm not sure how the health insurance works but you shouldn't assume that because he's a father that he's responsible for that expense.  In fact, I don't know if it's the same in every state, but generally, the custodial parent is due child support.  Meaning that you would have to pay your ex because he has your daughter most of the time. 

It's probably in your best interest to have a judge work out the situation this way everyone knows what their responsibility is and the child's father can't pull any fast ones on you.

Also, as a side note, it's extremely difficult to read your post without punctuation.  I'm sure responses to your posts will be better received if they are easier to read  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 12:10 pm

can some one tell me if i am wrong.... i share custody of my 2 year old daughter with her father.. he has primary custody meaning his house is her primary residence.. The other day he came to pick her up and told me that due to the fact we have shared custody we have to share the health insurance on her i told him no he is the father he should provide it he serves in the military and is also a police officer and has good benefits i think its come down to the fact that he doesnt want the full responsibilty of paying the coe payments and thats all he has to do i dont call him for help with ne of her other needs nor med when she is on them nor payment for when she goes to the drs.. When i stated y i thin he should keep the insurance on her he told me that i was stupid and wrong and that he will have to take me to court i told him go straight ahead if thin the father shoudl keep her on his that i should not have to help out with the insurance only cuz he dont pay for nothing neway i do the payment and stuff on them

Since your asking... and with all due respect... I think you're making the issue about your husband and about money and not about the kids who- honestly should be your first concern.  I don't know you but the "Internet analyst" in me (btw that's like an arm chair quarterback & has nothing to do with technical computer stuff)

This may hard to do but maybe you can look at your finances and see what you can afford to pay and come to some kind of agreement.  If its just about the co-pay it's not that much is it. If you're having this fight about $100 it seems pointless- like someone is just trying to win but if its about thousands of dollars and you don't have it then I understand. ..

I wonder- and again its none of my business if  you are remarried to someone else in the military or still really attached to him given your user name.

Plus what lady bug said! cuz she said it while I was writing this....

Written By: little sis on 11/22/07 at 10:18 pm

It's YOUR kids too so yes you are responsible for it also.

Check for new replies or respond here...