inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me remember - 70's Fad Food

Written By: schaefman on 11/17/07 at 10:01 pm

So there was this commercial for what seemed like a desert or something. If I remember right, it was like a custard or a yogurt or something with that consistency. It came in a mold that was a cylinder, like dumping it out of a big cup or something.

I just can't remember what it was called, and I never had it, but at the time, it seemed cool. Thinking about it now, it seems to have been a precursor to yogurt.

Thanks,

The SchaefMan

Subject: Re: Help me remember - 70's Fad Food

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/18/07 at 7:50 am

Like Flan?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/18/07 at 11:35 am

I seem to recall that Yoplait yogurt had some pretty tempting commercials in the early 70's (just before the huge yogurt craze started) that made their yogurt look really yummy, sort of ice-cream like.  Could it possibly have been Yoplait?

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/19/07 at 9:46 pm

So there was this commercial for what seemed like a desert or something. If I remember right, it was like a custard or a yogurt or something with that consistency. It came in a mold that was a cylinder, like dumping it out of a big cup or something.

Trifle?  As in, layers of Jello and whipped cream with bits of fruit distributed throughout? 

Written By: Lindee on 11/20/07 at 10:08 am

How about Libby's Fruit Float?

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/20/07 at 4:09 pm

I remember that Libby's stuff. I don't think it was that memorable though, which is probably why it disappeared.

Written By: schaefman on 11/21/07 at 12:32 am

I remember the fruit float stuff, and I know that wasn't it. I seem to remember a red container, like a mold, and it was dumped onto a plate, looking sort of custardy. I wish I could be more descriptive. I don't even know why this popped into my mellon...

Written By: Capt Quirk on 11/21/07 at 8:00 am

With a caramel sauce? That is Flan.

Written By: Linda on 11/21/07 at 8:43 pm

Was it Jello 1-2-3?

Written By: rhona on 12/04/07 at 12:09 pm

was it Angel Delight?

Written By: Bigwavedave on 12/16/07 at 2:28 pm

I recall a Jello product that was made just like Jello, but when it was chilled, we pured them into clear cups, they would seperate into 3 layers, a jello layer, a creamy top, and a middle, semicreamy layer,, have no idea what the name is though,,,

Check for new replies or respond here...