inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: H.R. PUFNSTUF

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 1:05 pm

Does anyone remember..HR PUFNSTUFhttp://www.youtube.com/v/JA3FFT54Ehs&rel=1">
I use to like that show as well as Banana Splits<object width="425" height="355"><param "http://www.youtube.com/v/JA3FFT54Ehs&rel=1"

Subject: Re: H.R. PUFNSTUF

Written By: Tia on 12/06/07 at 1:12 pm

im actually a big fan of land of the lost, another show by the same guys. h.f. pufnstuf has some rather amusing, shall we say, herbatological overtones. :o i also have some great (well, great in that it's really weird and uncomfortable) footage of this drunk lady making a pass at the h.r. pufnstuf kid on the set of the show.

Written By: ninny on 12/06/07 at 1:21 pm

im actually a big fan of land of the lost, another show by the same guys. h.f. pufnstuf has some rather amusing, shall we say, herbatological overtones. :o i also have some great (well, great in that it's really weird and uncomfortable) footage of this drunk lady making a pass at the h.r. pufnstuf kid on the set of the show.

Yeah that is weird....I think I was 9 or 10 when this came outand I remember the show was odd,but I liked Jack Wild from Oliver,so I always watched the show. Do you think kids nowadays would watch something like this?

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/08/07 at 11:42 am

Thanks for mentioning this in my Banana Splits thread, Ninny.  :)  I watched the video you posted and I definitely do remember many of the characters.  I was like, "OMG!!!  I remember that vulture!  I remember Pufnstuf!  I remember that tree with the sunglasses on!"  But how odd that I don't remember the boy!  How weird is THAT?!?  Guess I was too young to be concerned with boys back then, and the fantasy characters stole me away!  (They still  haven't let me return to the "real" world--LOL  ;D )

Wow.  So many pleasant childhood memories being stirred recently.  THAT'S a breath of fresh air!  :)

Written By: saver on 12/11/07 at 9:23 pm

WOW, you peaked my interest. I was a big fan and came close to having a lunch with Jack W., but it must've been the illness that kept him away.

I thought I saw EVERYTHING he did with the show(that ever aired)...is there a site to see the video you speak of? I cannot get my space as I won't join up, but again am curious where it came from etc..do tell.....

Written By: ninny on 12/12/07 at 8:53 am

WOW, you peaked my interest. I was a big fan and came close to having a lunch with Jack W., but it must've been the illness that kept him away.

I thought I saw EVERYTHING he did with the show(that ever aired)...is there a site to see the video you speak of? I cannot get my space as I won't join up, but again am curious where it came from etc..do tell.....

I found a whole bunch of clips on Youtube, hope you enjoy them

Written By: saver on 12/13/07 at 9:13 pm

I immediately jumped onto looking up Jack W stuff on you tube(the first 7 pages) but found tributes, oliver, and some Pufnstuf footage but NOT a story on the drunk woman..any idea what it is listed under?

Written By: Tia on 12/13/07 at 9:28 pm

I immediately jumped onto looking up Jack W stuff on you tube(the first 7 pages) but found tributes, oliver, and some Pufnstuf footage but NOT a story on the drunk woman..any idea what it is listed under?
it's actually a movie i have, a PBS special from the 70s, not a youtube/net thing. but i think i'm remembering it wrong, it's not the pufnstuf kid, it's someone else, a commercial actor. but i need to go look again.

i'll try and dig it up and put it on my youtube. it's a great scene, very disturbing and miserable.

Written By: Tia on 12/13/07 at 9:29 pm

that said, this is now a bit of a horrible thread jack.

as you were! hr pufnstuf! it rules! it's who you turn to when things get rough.

sorry. :-[

Written By: ninny on 12/13/07 at 9:54 pm

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J86X4D_gem8&rel=1"
Here is a full episode enjoy
Does anyone remember The Bugaloo's or Sigmund & The Sea Monsters

Written By: saver on 12/14/07 at 1:55 am

it's actually a movie i have, a PBS special from the 70s, not a youtube/net thing. but i think i'm remembering it wrong, it's not the pufnstuf kid, it's someone else, a commercial actor. but i need to go look again.

i'll try and dig it up and put it on my youtube. it's a great scene, very disturbing and miserable.

AHA! That makes sense as I never recalled him being in that kind of trouble..

Good HR episode, also a tough one to find is partly on youtube..the appearance at the Hollywood Bowl..it is in the final dvd in the HR set...I never shook Jack's hand but was at an appearance he did with his brother in 73/74,in Ohio  later other happenstances took place regarding others from the show that was part of a dream come true but Jack was a major influence in my life and I share in the sorrow of his passing and the beautiful presentations in his memory.

Guess I am a closet 'WILD ONE'.

Written By: ninny on 12/14/07 at 6:23 am

AHA! That makes sense as I never recalled him being in that kind of trouble..

Good HR episode, also a tough one to find is partly on youtube..the appearance at the Hollywood Bowl..it is in the final dvd in the HR set...I never shook Jack's hand but was at an appearance he did with his brother in 73/74,in Ohio  later other happenstances took place regarding others from the show that was part of a dream come true but Jack was a major influence in my life and I share in the sorrow of his passing and the beautiful presentations in his memory.

Guess I am a closet 'WILD ONE'.

I always liked his acting..it's to bad his short adult life had to be filled with alcoholism & smoking which eventually led to his oral cancer,his losing his vocal cords and part of his tongue and ultimately his death

Check for new replies or respond here...