inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Led Zeppelin Reunion Concert 12-10-07

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/07 at 12:12 am

Live at London's 02 Arena. This was a concert in aid of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund.

The set list of songs performed were:  (and yes, they did play Stairway To Heaven)

"Good Times, Bad Times"
"Ramble On"
"Black Dog"
"In My Time of Dying"
"For Your Life" (first time ever played live)
"Trampled Underfoot"
"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
"No Quarter"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"Dazed and Confused"
"Stairway To Heaven"
"The Song Remains the Same"
"Misty Mountain Hop"
"Kashmir"

Encore:
"Whole Lotta Love"
"Rock and Roll"

I wish I could have been there.  I've been reading blogs from fans that feel like they've witnessed something extraordinary.
Jason Bonham on drums where his father used to sit and play. man, I'd be in tears  :\'(

Subject: Re: The Led Zeppelin Reunion Concert 12-10-07

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/11/07 at 12:32 am

Here is a full clip of  "Stairway To Heaven" from the concert  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G_JTMuHOQk

some beautiful guitar playing by Jimmy Page, & John Paul Jones on keyboard , and Robert Plant's voice sounds great.

the clip is a home video as are all the clips presently surfacing on the internet, but this one has decent sound quality.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/07 at 2:23 am

The only reports I have heard, the fans loved it!

Written By: ninny on 12/11/07 at 11:57 am

Live at London's 02 Arena. This was a concert in aid of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund.

The set list of songs performed were:  (and yes, they did play Stairway To Heaven)

"Good Times, Bad Times"
"Ramble On"
"Black Dog"
"In My Time of Dying"
"For Your Life" (first time ever played live)
"Trampled Underfoot"
"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
"No Quarter"
"Since I've Been Loving You"
"Dazed and Confused"
"Stairway To Heaven"
"The Song Remains the Same"
"Misty Mountain Hop"
"Kashmir"

Encore:
"Whole Lotta Love"
"Rock and Roll"

I wish I could have been there.  I've been reading blogs from fans that feel like they've witnessed something extraordinary.
Jason Bonham on drums where his father used to sit and play. man, I'd be in tears  :\'(

I would of loved to have been there. I listened to Stairway To Heaven and they still sound Awesome. :)

Written By: Brigitte on 12/12/07 at 3:02 am

I saw pictures of the concert in my local newspaper and was surprised to see Jimmy Page with white hair!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/12/07 at 3:07 am

I saw pictures of the concert in my local newspaper and was surprised to see Jimmy Page with white hair!
I had to log back on just to reply. I saw that too, in the many video clips I watched last night and then today i watched one from a few  years back where he had dark hair and he looks better, but the age thing is unavoidable. his hair almost seemed slightly blond, but I couldn't tell. 

Written By: Tia on 12/12/07 at 6:04 am

the guitar magazines i've been reading have been going crazy over the zep reunion and jimmy page has been giving lots of interviews. i'm stoked and i hope they tour and record a new album with new songs. i'm stoked and i wish they'd done what the rolling stones did -- just keep going and going and going. because they -- particularly jimmy page -- have the kind of creativity that will just keep on giving, i think.

they need to hit some "presence" man! nobody's fault but mine and achilles' last stand! there's another song from presence that i think page mentioned, they were playing it at practice and have never played it out live before.

Written By: Tia on 12/12/07 at 6:09 am

if they tour i'll consider shelling out. they're one of my top four or five bands of all time. 8)

plant still sounds good. that's always the thing that goes first, the vocalist. he ain't quite hitting those highs but he's on.

Written By: Tia on 12/12/07 at 6:16 am

der. they DID do presence. "for your life" is the one i was thinking about, they say it's a real challenging tune to do right. they played it once, to record it, pretty much.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/12/07 at 12:58 pm

if they tour i'll consider shelling out. they're one of my top four or five bands of all time. 8)

plant still sounds good. that's always the thing that goes first, the vocalist. he ain't quite hitting those highs but he's on.
me and a buddy at work were just talking about how much cash $$$ we'd shell out if they tour. I'm gonna start saving now for my Led Zeppelin ticket concert fund.  8)  now that would be an excellent Real Life Meeting. go to the concert and gather afterwards.

Written By: gemini on 12/14/07 at 7:21 pm

I bet the people who got to see that are still on cloud nine! I know I would be. I was supposed to see Robert Plant solo in '88 on his Tall Cool One Tour, but he broke a bone and had to cancel, by the time it got rescheduled, it was right around my due date with my 2nd daughter and didn't want to risk being stuck in a huge crowd and walking up a ton of stairs and ending up going into labor!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 7:01 am

me and a buddy at work were just talking about how much cash $$$ we'd shell out if they tour. I'm gonna start saving now for my Led Zeppelin ticket concert fund.  8)  now that would be an excellent Real Life Meeting. go to the concert and gather afterwards.
Makes you wonder?

Written By: Banks on 12/16/07 at 7:41 pm

Seeing Led Zeppelin live had been a dream of mine since I was a little kid!!!

My cousin, who is around my Dad's age, got to see them here in Australia in 1972 and always rubs it in that he got to see the greatest heavy rock band in history...He will still probably rub it in that he got to see them with ALL the original members, but still, at least id have gotten to see them if they tour!!!

Im going to start saving as well, cause if Im going to a Led Zep concert, a concert Ive been waiting for since I was 5 years old...Im going to get an access all areas pass if theyre available.

Id like to see a new album out by them, though Im in two minds about this...If they do, and the album sucks, then it will be a sad thing that could slightly tarnish what is an amazing career...But then if they do put out a kick ass album, it would be amazing!!!

Id just be happy with a tour that reaches Australia.

AN

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/16/07 at 8:27 pm

Seeing Led Zeppelin live had been a dream of mine since I was a little kid!!!

My cousin, who is around my Dad's age, got to see them here in Australia in 1972 and always rubs it in that he got to see the greatest heavy rock band in history...He will still probably rub it in that he got to see them with ALL the original members, but still, at least id have gotten to see them if they tour!!!

Im going to start saving as well, cause if Im going to a Led Zep concert, a concert Ive been waiting for since I was 5 years old...Im going to get an access all areas pass if theyre available.

Id like to see a new album out by them, though Im in two minds about this...If they do, and the album sucks, then it will be a sad thing that could slightly tarnish what is an amazing career...But then if they do put out a kick ass album, it would be amazing!!!

Id just be happy with a tour that reaches Australia.

AN
I'm with ya here. I saw a Page & Plant concert back in 98 or 99, the Walking Through Clarksdale tour and they were great. I was on cloud nine at that concert at the Concord Pavillion in Concord, Ca. and we were on a blanket on the lawn, but i went down and got pretty close for a few songs. If and it's a big IF, they do decide to tour, I'm gonna do my darn'dest to get tix. I'm not open minded about new albums myself, I'm an Eagles fan and friends ask me if i want their new album for Christmas, and I show little enthusiasm, but I guess I should give them a chance. I feel differently about Led Zeppelin. If they came out with anew album, I'd scoop it right up, no questions asked.  8) 

Check for new replies or respond here...