inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Best of Soul Train

Written By: woops on 12/29/07 at 4:52 pm

Just in case anybody's wondering, vintage episodes from "Soul Train" are being aired, since December 2006, from the 1970's & 1980's.

On WGN and CW affiliates. Check local listings.

I enjoy  watching selected episodes from the 1980's with favorite songs from selected R&B singers/groups and rappers. Probably the only source for older music on basic cable since VH1 and MTV are unwatchable.  8-P

Subject: Re: The Best of Soul Train

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/30/07 at 11:48 am

Cool!  Thanks for the info!  8)

Written By: lemonverbina on 01/14/08 at 12:04 pm

I love these reruns... One episode Don Cornelius introduced: "college girls..." Sister Sledge. Another  episode featured the woman who sang " Got To Be Real" and Don commented: "Your're a whole lotta woman.." A comment like that in 2008 would have had him banned from TV for life...

Written By: cinnabon on 01/14/08 at 5:02 pm

I love these reruns... One episode Don Cornelius introduced: "college girls..." Sister Sledge. Another  episode featured the woman who sang " Got To Be Real" and Don commented: "Your're a whole lotta woman.." A comment like that in 2008 would have had him banned from TV for life...

That was Cheryl Lynn who sang "Got to Be Real" - she was discovered as a contestant on the Gong Show.

Written By: Butterball on 01/24/08 at 8:02 pm

I saw that show. I couldn't believe he said that. She was a whole lot of woman, tho'!

Written By: midnite on 04/07/08 at 12:07 am

I was more of a Solid Gold fan.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/07/08 at 5:53 pm

Man, I've taped so many episodes of Classic Soul Train its ridiculous. I got so many artists, Klique, Shelia E, Vanity, Kool Moe Dee, and I love it all!

I've never seen Solid Gold, I got a splice with an old Prince performance from like 1983 on it. A friend of mine gave it to me.  :)

Written By: Butterball on 04/08/08 at 11:18 am

I've never seen Solid Gold, I got a splice with an old Prince performance from like 1983 on it. A friend of mine gave it to me.  :)

Does Prince throw his guitar off the stage in this performance?

Written By: woops on 04/08/08 at 5:12 pm

VH1 aired "Solid Gold", though as a half hour, in the mid 1990's  8)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/08/08 at 5:29 pm

Does Prince throw his guitar off the stage in this performance?

He sure did. Threw his coat too.  ;D It worries me when he tosses his guitar like that because I just always think it's gonna land somewhere and break apart. LOL. And his guitars are so pretty.  :)

I wish I could have seen Solid Gold for real, I heard that the dancers costumes were really cool. I saw a snippet during I love the 80s on VH1 and they were in these gold sequined jumpsuits, it was gaudy, but cool at the same time.

Written By: woops on 10/01/08 at 10:06 pm

Looks like it's gone for good...

Well, it was good while it lasted  :)

Written By: Butterball on 10/09/08 at 9:04 pm

You are right...it is over.  :\'(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 10/09/08 at 9:43 pm

I'm glad I have about 10 hours worth of ST on tape! Yay!

Check for new replies or respond here...