inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember these!!???

Written By: 1313mockingbirdlane on 01/01/08 at 3:06 am

Ok, I remember during the early 70's, we would go trick or treating and loved the wax lips, teeth etc,, not too sweet, but was different, until the flavor ran out!!
For some reason, none of my friends remember these: They were mini clear wax monsters, Dracula, Frankenstein, mummy etc,, filled with the most wonderful sweet syrup I could ever recall tasting!!. Either a grape, cherry, etc,, of course we would begin by biting their heads off and drinking the fluid,,,
If anyone recalls these or has any pics or links, HELP!!

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember these!!???

Written By: Rex on 01/01/08 at 9:39 am

I remember them, although I didn't remember that they were Dracula etc. I remember the wax bottles: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/nik-l-nips.htm.

Written By: ninny on 01/01/08 at 10:06 am

I remember the bottles & the teeth I use to chew on them forever till there was no flavor ;D
Wax Fangs... these are now packaged in a 24 count box. Each fang is wrapped and is now made with a cherry flavor. The wax lips will also be changing to this formula and box count in the near future. This is a great Halloween or anytime candy item!

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 12:37 pm

I vaguely remember the mummys.... I wouldn't have remembered them if you hadn't said something about them tho...

I loved the wax soda....that I remember well.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/08 at 1:03 pm

I remember the wax lips, fangs, and even wax fingernails.  :o :o :o  I do remember the bottles with the sugar water in them and I vaguely remember the bottles that were shaped like monsters.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 01/02/08 at 6:17 pm

I don't remember the wax monsters with liquid, but I remember the fangs, lips, I think there were buck teeth and the harmonica called a wowee whistle. That was always my favorite.

Written By: gibbo on 01/03/08 at 1:10 am

I don't remember the wax monsters with liquid, but I remember the fangs, lips, I think there were buck teeth and the harmonica called a wowee whistle. That was always my favorite.

Australians just don't seem to get the whole Halloween thing (no one comes to my door). Sounds interesting though.....

Written By: cin on 01/03/08 at 1:00 pm

those little coke bottles contained NECTAR FROM THE GODS as far as my little brother & I were concerned!  I'd try to steal his & he'd try to steal mine--that tiny sip contained in the bottles--we'd take the tiniest sips to make it last as long as possible!

MAN we looooved them!  My favorite were the sexy wax lips, tho'.....being a girl & all, PLUS they tasted Fabulous!

I have seen them a time or two recently but I can't remember where!?  Dollar General?  Family Dollar?  ...just can't recall!

Written By: cin on 01/03/08 at 1:04 pm

OP!!!  Your name!!!! MY f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e show from when I was a kid!    :D  The MUSTERS!!!!  I LOVE when TVLand or whatever channel it is does a Munster MARATHON!  Where can I get a dress like Lilly's? 

Written By: saver on 01/04/08 at 3:37 am

I remember them, although I didn't remember that they were Dracula etc. I remember the wax bottles: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/nik-l-nips.htm.

last time I came across those wax bottles made me think, should the price really be so high? It's wax with a squirt of syrup!Any of the 'old' candies should be lower priced or we won't buy them anymore! Are we paying for memories here? ???

Written By: tonelar on 01/04/08 at 3:21 pm

were the bottles wax?  for some reason i thought thy werent the same stuff as the lips and other stuff...

my memory is great ... but it's short

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 9:52 pm

were the bottles wax?  for some reason i thought thy werent the same stuff as the lips and other stuff...

ummm the lips and teeth were wax too.

Written By: saver on 01/05/08 at 5:17 am

I remember the liquid monsters as well-they had a little more syrup in them than the soda bottles, which by the way were called 'Nik-A-Nip'
and I recall them being .05, now probably more near $1.00?

Written By: Capt Quirk on 01/08/08 at 2:17 pm

I just got my kids wax lips and fangs for their Christmas stockings. I also remember the wax monsters with the syrup, but that was mostly a Halloween thing. It was the same thing as the wax bottles, or the plain tube o' syrup, only a fancier holiday theme. Does anyone else remember the wax harmonica?

Written By: saver on 01/08/08 at 9:35 pm

I just got my kids wax lips and fangs for their Christmas stockings. I also remember the wax monsters with the syrup, but that was mostly a Halloween thing. It was the same thing as the wax bottles, or the plain tube o' syrup, only a fancier holiday theme. Does anyone else remember the wax harmonica?

I recall the orange(halloween)pan flute....not a harmonica, but it whistles notes as you blew in it, but the hotter your hands were, the holes would melt shut :)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 01/09/08 at 6:46 am

Now that you mention it, I also seem to remember the Pan flute, but I also seem to remember there being a simple wax harmonica.

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/08 at 1:34 pm

Now that you mention it, I also seem to remember the Pan flute, but I also seem to remember there being a simple wax harmonica.

I don't remember the pan flute but I do remember the harmonica... it sounded like crap once you started biting it.

Written By: patgotchaphoto on 07/11/13 at 7:46 pm

I remember these and started to think I was the only one who did.  I used to puncture the bottoms and drink the liquid so I could keep the wax figures.  Wished they were back.

Check for new replies or respond here...