inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are there any Dan Fogelberg fans out there??

Written By: gibbo on 01/04/08 at 3:05 am

:(

I was really sad to hear that DF passed away on 16/12/07. His music takes me back to so many places. Got on board with The Innocent Age album and added prior albums after that.

Anyone else out there a fan?

Subject: Re: Are there any Dan Fogelberg fans out there??

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 8:43 am

:(

I was really sad to hear that DF passed away on 16/12/07. His music takes me back to so many places. Got on board with The Innocent Age album and added prior albums after that.

there's another name to add to people I didn't know died... hmmm yeah I liked his music.  Esp. Leader of the Band and Same old lang syne. 

Written By: ninny on 01/04/08 at 10:40 am

there's another name to add to people I didn't know died... hmmm yeah I liked his music.  Esp. Leader of the Band and Same old lang syne. 

I liked the two songs mentioned above plus the song Longer,those are the only songs I know by him,I had heard he had cancer for awhile,so his passing was not unexpected.

Written By: KKay on 01/04/08 at 10:52 am

you bet. it's more my sister's era, but still a good artist.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/04/08 at 12:06 pm

Loved his music!  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/04/08 at 1:08 pm

He was very good. I burned several of his songs off his greatest hits album. How about "Heart Hotels" That was also good!

Written By: gibbo on 01/04/08 at 3:32 pm

'Lonely in Love', a hit he had in 1987.  It's a song I remember very well, one I still love, and a song that has the best use of a saxophone since 'The Border' by America 8)

That song was from his 1987 Exiles album. I believe his best work was pre 1981. The Innocent Age, Souvenirs, Netherlands and Captured Angel albims were superb. His voice chnaged in the 1980's after an operation and became rougher (and lower) ....still good though.

Try these earler albums out and you may be pleasnatly surprised. Especially if you like playing acoustic guitar and singing.

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/08 at 9:51 pm

I liked the two songs mentioned above plus the song Longer,those are the only songs I know by him,I had heard he had cancer for awhile,so his passing was not unexpected.

Thanks ninny I forgot about Longer... those are all the Dan F. songs I know.

Written By: Lindee on 01/05/08 at 4:10 pm

My sister was a big fan of his. She's pretty sad about it  :\'(

Written By: Maria T on 01/18/08 at 3:34 pm

That's sad news - I bought one of his greatest hits albums because I'd heard the song 'Longer' on the radio, and wanted to know what else he sang. I'd never heard of him until then.  What a shame.

Written By: Spirit of 76 on 03/09/08 at 10:13 pm

In general I know it's not cool to admit you like a soft rock star from the 70's but I liked Dan Fogelburg too. My favorite was "Longer Than" beause it reminded me of the pine forests of northern Arizona where we would take vactions from the desert heat.

Written By: Cherie70 on 03/12/08 at 8:29 pm

Are you kidding!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!! I am a HUGE FAN!  I went to his website the day he died and lit a candle in rememberance of my grandmother who also died of cancer.  I also paid homage to one of my favorites from him Old Lang Syne.  Anyone else? :)

Written By: Chris on 03/31/08 at 10:45 pm

Loved Dan Fogelberg!  I'm so sad, and shocked that he is dead. 

Check for new replies or respond here...