inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Saw the movie "Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring"

Written By: star500 on 01/05/08 at 7:19 pm

Has anyone seen this movie? It is pretty good, if you overlook the disturbing flashbacks sequences and the After-School Special feel to it. It is about a free-spirited young woman named Dennie (played by Sally Field in her first TV movie appearence) who comes home after a few months of wandering around, drinking, getting high and having lots of sex only to find that her parents are treating her younger sister (played by Lane Bradbury) exactly the same way they treated her before she left. I won't give away the end, but lets just say it wasn't exactly a happy ending.

Also her ex-lover (played by David Carradine) comes looking for her and tries to take her away from home again but she decides she doesn't want to have that kind of life again. I really liked the part when Dennie was coming home and dragging around a sparkly ribbon with her and then wrote Happy in the air and went inside and then kept peeking out to see if it was still written and then she blows it away! It was so funny and surreal.

The only thing I really didn't get about the movie was how exactly did Dennie meet the guy she was wandering around with? Because if you watch the beginning it looked like they were making out in her house and her parents came in and found them together, thus was the reason Dennie ran away.

Subject: Re: Saw the movie "Maybe I'll Come Home in the Spring"

Written By: jodi on 01/10/08 at 3:11 pm

Has anyone seen this movie? It is pretty good, if you overlook the disturbing flashbacks sequences and the After-School Special feel to it. It is about a free-spirited young woman named Dennie (played by Sally Field in her first TV movie appearence) who comes home after a few months of wandering around, drinking, getting high and having lots of sex only to find that her parents are treating her younger sister (played by Lane Bradbury) exactly the same way they treated her before she left. I won't give away the end, but lets just say it wasn't exactly a happy ending.

Also her ex-lover (played by David Carradine) comes looking for her and tries to take her away from home again but she decides she doesn't want to have that kind of life again. I really liked the part when Dennie was coming home and dragging around a sparkly ribbon with her and then wrote Happy in the air and went inside and then kept peeking out to see if it was still written and then she blows it away! It was so funny and surreal.

The only thing I really didn't get about the movie was how exactly did Dennie meet the guy she was wandering around with? Because if you watch the beginning it looked like they were making out in her house and her parents came in and found them together, thus was the reason Dennie ran away.

I had forgotten all about that movie!!! It IS a good one.  When/where did you recently see it??  I'd LOVE to see it again and it isn't available on netflix.

Written By: star500 on 01/10/08 at 10:33 pm

I had forgotten all about that movie!!! It IS a good one.  When/where did you recently see it??  I'd LOVE to see it again and it isn't available on netflix.

I got it on DVD for Christmas along with two other movies, the other two being Ginger in the Morning with Sissy Spacek and Choices with Demi Moore. I saw it at home last Thursday. I am not sure where my brother got it, I have to ask him.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/08 at 6:20 pm

I got it on DVD for Christmas along with two other movies, the other two being Ginger in the Morning with Sissy Spacek and Choices with Demi Moore. I saw it at home last Thursday. I am not sure where my brother got it, I have to ask him.

Please do ask him. I love these kinds of movies and would like to see it as well.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/12/08 at 10:41 pm

at first i was thinking the thread was about an old baseball movie but the title is different.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020xVlolHsTwB8kujzbkF/SIG=12fipbhqt/EXP=1200285653/**http%3A//www.scifilm.org/museimages2/ithappenseveryspring.jpg

Written By: Tracey on 01/17/08 at 11:11 pm

I have this movie...very good. I just didn't like the ending myself.

Check for new replies or respond here...