inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Man Who Fell To Earth

Written By: KKay on 01/20/08 at 9:55 pm

I just feel bad for his fellow aliens.

Bowie plays a business man, and a trendy about town kind of guy.  and an alien.
and the air here is a bit too thin for him
and he takes up with a really annoying earth woman.
BUT it's so groovy.  buck Henry?  hell, yeah it's got Buck Henry.  and the ever squeaky Candy Clark.

he needs to make money to bulid a ship and get back home to his planet- a desert planet.  but he is dealing with some rotten people.

anyone else enjoy this weird, hip classic?

Subject: Re: The Man Who Fell To Earth

Written By: gibbo on 01/21/08 at 10:56 pm

Saw this movie back in the mid to late 70's. Strange movie excellently palyed by the androgenous Bowie. He was an artist way before his time and his work still stands up well today.

I'd forgotten about this movie until now. Cheers Belle du Jour...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/08 at 3:11 am

I too saw The Man Who Fell To Earth back in the 70's and do not remember much of it.

Written By: robby76 on 01/23/08 at 7:03 am

I watched it as a teenager one late night in the 90s. It was a little psychedelic but I managed to sit through the whole thing.

Written By: KKay on 01/23/08 at 7:09 am

I had forgotten how they portrayed rich business folk in those "groovy" movies...stretch limos, champagne...like a cartoon.
It's hysterical.

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/23/08 at 8:24 am

I think I've tried to sit through the movie on more than one occasion, but just couldn't...Its like the movie "Liquid Sky" notorious for people knowing it but really, REALLY hard to watch all the way through.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't there as disturbing scene where Bowie cuts a nipple or eye or something?Really freaked me out...

Written By: KKay on 01/23/08 at 8:27 am

I think I've tried to sit through the movie on more than one occasion, but just couldn't...Its like the movie "Liquid Sky" notorious for people knowing it but really, REALLY hard to watch all the way through.

i know what you mean; i loved that stuff in high school cuz we thought it was artistic.  now i find it hard to take as well.
but "fell to earth' is a favorite as a bowie fan.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/09/09 at 7:29 pm

I saw it back in '76. I really enjoyed it.I had it on VHS & upgraded it to a widescreen DVD.
Always been a HUGE Bowie Fan.

I just feel bad for his fellow aliens.

Bowie plays a business man, and a trendy about town kind of guy.  and an alien.
and the air here is a bit too thin for him
and he takes up with a really annoying earth woman.
BUT it's so groovy.  buck Henry?  hell, yeah it's got Buck Henry.  and the ever squeaky Candy Clark.

he needs to make money to bulid a ship and get back home to his planet- a desert planet.  but he is dealing with some rotten people.

anyone else enjoy this weird, hip classic?

Check for new replies or respond here...