inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anybody here like "Jacksons 5"?

Written By: chatterbox on 01/22/08 at 1:30 pm

http://www.soul-patrol.com/funk/images/jackson4.jpg

Subject: Re: Does anybody here like "Jacksons 5"?

Written By: Henk on 01/22/08 at 4:27 pm

1...2...3...4...5...yes, they're all there.

No, wait... ...6? :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/08 at 4:35 pm

Love the Jacksone 5  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/22/08 at 4:43 pm

Yes!  :D

They were my first concert.  Had terrible seats, but loved the show!  That was around spring of '74 - 'Dancing Machine' was a new hit then.

An album of theirs I queue up plenty: Skywriter.  I sleeper, I suppose.  Didn't have the monster hits, but a solid album with some really good cuts.

Besides all that, I had teen magazine cutout posters of some of them in my bedroom at the time  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/08 at 6:09 pm

They had some good songs.  When they began dubbing themselves as "The Jacksons" they still put out some great material.  I especially liked 1984's 'State of Shock' which they sang as a duet with Mick Jagger

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/08 at 10:42 pm

Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Michael, Marlon and the lesser known oft forgotten Jackson Randy!  Once he joined the group tho they were just the Jacksons.

I'll Be There and Never Can Say Goodbye...oh and Who's Lovin' You. are my favorite songs... oh yeah and the Christmas Album.

Written By: woops on 01/22/08 at 11:26 pm

"I'll Be There" and "ABC" are great songs

Seen the cartoon on MTV & VH1 when they aired it during some MJ weekend.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/08 at 3:10 am

Good songs from good singers.

Like 'em

Written By: robby76 on 01/23/08 at 7:11 am

They were great! Can You Feel It, Show You The Way To Go, Shake Your Body, Love You Save... what's not to like? :)

I also vaguely remember watching the cartoon from the 70s.

Written By: gemini on 01/23/08 at 6:19 pm

Yep! Loved the Jackson 5.  I'm a couple years younger than Michael and I thought he was so cute back then and I always thought he wore the coolest clothes, especially the fringe vests he would wear. My sister got to see them in concert, which totally ticked me off.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/23/08 at 7:40 pm

Love the Jackson 5......MJ was such a cutie pie back then. "Never Can Say Goodbye", "ABC", and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" are my favorites.

Written By: chatterbox on 01/24/08 at 9:47 am

I was born in 1994, but I REALLY like Jacksons 5.
I watched some of their cartoons on youtube.
http://i037.spammer/0801/08/1c4b14428222.jpg
I am joining singing show in my school, and on 8th February we are going to be jacksons 5. I am going to put on a really huge wig and put a lot of self tanning on me :D That's not the first time I am going to be a "boy", but it is the first time I am going to be Jermaine ;D

Written By: star80 on 01/24/08 at 10:01 am

Michael Jackson and I are the same age, so yes I loved them; I can still remember when the song "I Want You Back" (their first biggest hit) was released, then I remember buying 45s :  ABC was a good one, too.  Everybody was dancing to their music back then.

Written By: Butterball on 01/24/08 at 7:58 pm

The Jackson 5 became The Jacksons when they left Motown. Motown owned that name. At the same time Jermaine stayed with Motown and little Randy joined the group. A big influence on Jermaine staying at Motown was that he was married to Berry Gordy's daughter, Hazel. I bet he regretted it later.  :\'(

Written By: chatterbox on 01/26/08 at 11:49 am

HEY EVERYBODY!
I've made a sims 2 video "Going back to Indiana" (The Jackson 5) today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsYzWztasZM
This video influenced me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EttT_2K-tOQ

Can you tell me if you've liked my video?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/27/08 at 6:41 pm

I love Michael Jackson, and am a huge fan of all the Jacksons. Been a fan since 1995 and almost 13 years later, I'm still smitten and happy. The Jacksons are a great talented family. And I like them.  ;D

I mean check the siggy, it ain't there jusr for decoration! LOL.

(I have a Michael Jackson question thread in the ASK ME section of this site, drop by if you want!)  ;D

Written By: chatterbox on 01/28/08 at 11:08 am

Jackson's 5 Dancing Machine made by me- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcPXLILc2s

Written By: chatterbox on 02/01/08 at 8:02 am

Do you like The Jackson 5 before Motown? Or after Motown?
I think when they were in Motown they rocked, and without Jermaine they were not so good.

Written By: musicmike on 02/01/08 at 2:37 pm

Yes they were good. "ABC" and "I'll Be There" are my two favorites.

Written By: Brimac40 on 02/01/08 at 3:04 pm

I like 'em .

Written By: chatterbox on 02/03/08 at 4:18 am

I've watched "The Jacksons: American Dream" http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sdr1anGaR31A&p=r here. Joseph used to treat his sons really bad. I kind of hate him.

Written By: robby76 on 02/03/08 at 6:16 am

I've watched "The Jacksons: American Dream" http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=sdr1anGaR31A&p=r here. Joseph used to treat his sons really bad. I kind of hate him.

I watched that too in the 90s. It's probably quite accurate, but remember television is all about dramatisation and ratings.

Written By: chatterbox on 02/04/08 at 10:49 am

ABC made by me in Sims 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB6pn2NFVIM

Written By: Banks on 02/09/08 at 6:08 am

‘I watched that too in the 90s. It's probably quite accurate, but remember television is all about dramatisation and ratings.’

I have that on DVD and VHS…And it must be remembered that it was produced by The Jacksons, and Jermaine had a LOT to do with the miniseries.

Ive been a fan of The Jackson 5 since I was very little, and before me my Mum was a HUGE fan and collected everything on them. She kept it all and gave it all to me in 1982. Before that, however, my Mum would tape (on cassette) the J5 albums and The Jacksons albums and Id listen to them all the time. I even have an original Steeltown records single of Big Boy (which is extremely rare), as well as the Steeltown Records album. I love J5's hits, all of them, and love the Motown Michael Jackson albums Ben, Got To Be There, Forever Michael and Music And Me.

For me, it seemed that as the group grew they got better...The Jacksons first Epic album was brilliant especially Enjoy Yourself and Dreamer and their second, Goin Places, featured one of the greatest anti-war songs ever put released 'Man of War'...Then they exploded again with Destiny, an album that featured Blame It On The Boogie, Shake Your Body Down To The Ground and Things I Do For You...Then, of course, Michael went off on his own for a short while to make the movie The Wiz, which flopped, however the soundtrack album did produce two minor solo hits for him, Ease On Down The Road (a duet with Diana Ross) and You Cant Win...Then came MJs brilliant disco album Off The Wall. With hits Dont Stop Til You Get Enough, Rock With You, I Cant Help It, She's Out Of My Life, Working Day and Night, Its The Falling In Love and Off The Wall this album was a massive hit. Even the non-single tracks were amazing, especially the Paul MacArtney penned Girlfriend...After which the seminal hit album Triumph was released. With hit single after hit single, six in all out of the nine tracks on the album, this is hailed as the greatest Jacksons album to date...The next album was The Jacksons Live, which showcased the brothers and MJ live in concert...and then came Thriller, and the rest most people will know.

I do make the distinction between J5 and the Jacksons because they were so different once they left Motown. MJ had grown up a lot and his voice was maturing at a fast pace, the brothers were allowed to write their own songs and music (which was a great step for them) and they had lost brother Jermaine and picked up Randy. Even though Randy had accompanied J5 on their tours in 1974 and 1975 and had also appeared on one or two J5 songs, he was never considered part of the group until 1976.

I love both the J5 and The Jacksons music as much as each other, but have a strong preference for MJ's music he made without his brothers once theyd left Motown. My favourite album of MJs is Off The Wall.

AN

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 5:54 pm

Good point Henk, ha ha.  ;D

Maybe he was the roadie or the kid that made the tea.

I liked some of their stuff but Michael Jackson was better off as a solo star (despite burning his head in Pepsi adverts). The Jacksons did a song called 'Body' in the early 80s - a great funky track with your typical 80s production.

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/08 at 6:03 pm

Good point Henk, ha ha.  ;D

Maybe he was the roadie or the kid that made the tea.

I liked some of their stuff but Michael Jackson was better off as a solo star (despite burning his head in Pepsi adverts). The Jacksons did a song called 'Body' in the early 80s - a great funky track with your typical 80s production.

again...#6 was Randy... that pic was taken after they dropped the 5 from the name

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:20 pm

again...#6 was Randy... that pic was taken after they dropped the 5 from the name

My apologies, I didn't see your post. Mystery solved then. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/08 at 6:28 pm

My apologies, I didn't see your post. Mystery solved then. :)

no worries just trying to educate the world one (or two) posts at a time  ;D 

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:29 pm

no worries just trying to educate the world one (or two) posts at a time  ;D 

Ha ha, good one.

Written By: tdickensheets on 02/28/08 at 2:34 pm

There was a cartoon call "Jacksons 5"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 2:36 pm

There was a cartoon call "Jacksons 5"

Is it on YouTube?

Written By: Butterball on 02/28/08 at 7:58 pm

Yes there are some clips on Youtube.

Written By: robby76 on 02/29/08 at 2:55 am

Here ya go Phillip...

The intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbC8Jx2WLpk

A clip from the pilot episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UCC7q8kArc&feature=related

Written By: Cherie70 on 02/29/08 at 8:08 am

Love them Who's Loving You, Dancing Machine and I'll Be There.  They are classics but I also liked Heartbreak Hotel and Can You Feel it are great!

Check for new replies or respond here...