inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Original Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo

Written By: hanafl on 01/25/08 at 7:44 pm

Hi...I'm new to the forum...had read old posts about Original clairol herbal essence shampoo.  I've been on a quest to find this shampoo.  The link to buy from clairol in several old posts no longer works.  Today I was in the local Winn dixie grocery store and found a product called "mirta de perales" Herbal Fresh Shampoo...when I opened the top to smell it...I found paradise...it smells exatcly like the old clairol product...it's even green. I haven't tried it yet, but wanted to post right away.  The bottle states "formulated with an herbal complex and silk protien. Naturaly balanced plant extracts have active substances found in wild flowers. Leaves hair silky and manageble with a fresh fragrance of herbs.  Balanced cleansing for all types of hair. I have also seen these products in drugstores like wallgreens and cvs.  The web site on the bottle is www.mirtadeperales.com  I have checked it and it is all in spanish.  Will post again on how this works.  I didn't find it with the regular shampoo in winn dixie, but in a section where they had specialty beauty items.  An 8 oz bottle was $5 and change.  Who knows....maybe this product will be better than clairol's?

Subject: Re: Original Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo

Written By: hanafl on 01/27/08 at 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone!

I tried this shampoo and it is great.  My hair is very fine and gets knotted up easily.  I didn't even need conditioner after this shampoo and my hair smells great. If anyone else tries it please let me know what you think!

Written By: chicago girl on 02/09/08 at 11:55 pm

well, , ,anyone remember Long and Silky, or Short and Sassy?  i do not remember what company made these shampoos. .  . i had long hair then so i always saved my allowance for Long and Silky. . . . .  i do remember the smell of HERBAL ESSENCE. the original . .. . newsflash - i just remembered a shampoo. . . GEE, YOUR HAIR SMELLS TERRIFIC. . . . pink bottle?  i remember the SMELL . . . .god i feel so OLD . . .

Written By: JC on 12/21/08 at 6:05 pm

Hi...I'm new to the forum...had read old posts about Original clairol herbal essence shampoo.  I've been on a quest to find this shampoo.  The link to buy from clairol in several old posts no longer works.  Today I was in the local Winn dixie grocery store and found a product called "mirta de perales" Herbal Fresh Shampoo...when I opened the top to smell it...I found paradise...it smells exatcly like the old clairol product...it's even green. I haven't tried it yet, but wanted to post right away.  The bottle states "formulated with an herbal complex and silk protien. Naturaly balanced plant extracts have active substances found in wild flowers. Leaves hair silky and manageble with a fresh fragrance of herbs.  Balanced cleansing for all types of hair. I have also seen these products in drugstores like wallgreens and cvs.  The web site on the bottle is www.mirtadeperales.com  I have checked it and it is all in spanish.  Will post again on how this works.  I didn't find it with the regular shampoo in winn dixie, but in a section where they had specialty beauty items.  An 8 oz bottle was $5 and change.  Who knows....maybe this product will be better than clairol's?

Written By: jc on 12/21/08 at 6:08 pm

:o
I miss the originl as well.  I also loved Gee, Body on Tap and wow....the list is endless. BUT!!  I found an online store that carries the Body on Tap and Gee Your Hair smells Terrific.  I also "stumbled" upon a "kopy Kat" of the original Herbal Essence.  It smells just like the original in the green bottle...and to replace the big "jug" of body splash they used to carry, you can get the same fragrance in the body scrubs and lotions.  It's so cool...

Written By: Capt Quirk on 12/21/08 at 6:32 pm

The only shampoo I really went nuts over, was Redmond's Aussie Hair Salad. It smelled sort of like a fruit salad, but it worked great... and the ladies always seemed to like the way my hair smelled :)

Written By: C. Luless on 01/05/09 at 2:53 pm

Since we're talking old hair care (no pun intendid with the old part), does anyone remember Tame conditioner?  I LOVED that!  I'm using WEN now, love it to the point my daughter & I might be on the next infomercial!  She used it the day her hair started coming back after her chemo!  Baby soft again!  Anyhow, it makes me feel so good walking down "hair memory lane" and thanks for the memory of all the old smells - that didn't come out so good, but you know what I mean!  ;D

Thanks for the thread!

Written By: Cautious Lip on 01/11/09 at 7:01 pm

I remember those old hair products including "Yucca-Doo" the shampoo made with ingredients from the Yucca plant.

Written By: claire on 02/07/09 at 4:36 pm

I also went looking in search of a shampoo that smells similar to the delightful herbal scent of Clairol's old shampoo from the '70s.  I was in CVS in S FL and found an herbal shampoo that smells identical to the original Clairol Herbal Essence. The name of the shampoo is Tamy de Familia Shampoo Herbal...it is green like the Clairol shampoo, a tad lighter in shade, and not as thick. I bought as many bottles as I could find and am using it as a shampoo and body wash. It's incredible. I don't think all the CVS stores carry it though. And there is no mention of it on the Internet.  I plan to go to the same CVS store soon to see if they have stocked more of this product. It's very inexpensive...$1.99 for a large bottle.

Written By: herbalshampoo on 01/06/10 at 11:30 pm

I found the shampoo at Vermont Country Store.  It is green and the bottle is almost the same but it is called "Country Herbal Shampoo"  It has the same flowers as the original shampoo but there is no lady with the long hair on it.  It smells exactly the same and I have been searching for 10 years.  I asked them to get the product and they did.  Vermont Country Store does that.

Written By: suep on 01/12/10 at 7:24 am

Hi, Over the holidays I received a catalog for The Vermont Country Store.  They have the Herbal Essence Shampoo.  The bottle looks the same, except the woman is missing from the picture.  The description boasted that it was the same great smell from the 70's shampoo.  So, I splurged and purchased a bottle (a little pricey with the shipping)  IT IS FANTASTIC.  I am 52 years old but feel like I'm 17 again!  Well worth the treat to myself.  Check out their web site and do something nice for yourself!

Written By: Womble on 01/30/10 at 12:03 pm

I remember those old hair products including "Yucca-Doo" the shampoo made with ingredients from the Yucca plant.

The name of the shampoo is spelled Yucca Dew . It was my mom's favorite. The shampoo contained Yucca oil and smelled great. I still recall the TV commercials for the product. The tag-line was "Oooh Oooh Yucca Dew!" sung by a girl in the shower with a head full of lather.

Written By: Cautious Lip on 02/07/10 at 10:31 am

The name of the shampoo is spelled Yucca Dew . It was my mom's favorite. The shampoo contained Yucca oil and smelled great. I still recall the TV commercials for the product. The tag-line was "Oooh Oooh Yucca Dew!" sung by a girl in the shower with a head full of lather.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only person who remembers that shampoo. I would love to purchase the product and checked the Vermont Country Store web site but unfortunately they don't carry it.

Written By: karen on 02/07/10 at 8:41 pm

I'm happy to see I'm not the only person who remembers that shampoo. I would love to purchase the product and checked the Vermont Country Store web site but unfortunately they don't carry it.

Don't know where you were looking

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Apothecary/Hair-Care/Country-Herbal-Shampoo/D/30100/P/1:100:1000:10070/I/f53408?endecaid=APHCXXSHBN01

Written By: Cautious Lip on 02/12/10 at 8:42 pm

Don't know where you were looking

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Apothecary/Hair-Care/Country-Herbal-Shampoo/D/30100/P/1:100:1000:10070/I/f53408?endecaid=APHCXXSHBN01

You don't know where I was looking because you didn't read my post post correctly. I'm looking for YUCCA DEW shampoo not Herbal Essence which is ithe shampoo in the link you provided. The Vermont store does not carry YUCCA DEW.

Written By: karen on 02/12/10 at 8:44 pm

You don't know where I was looking because you didn't read my post post correctly. I'm looking for YUCCA DEW shampoo not Herbal Essence which is ithe shampoo in the link you provided. The Vermont store does not carry YUCCA DEW.

This is the thread about Herbal Essence Shampoo and someone said it was available in that store.  So therefore it is reasonable to assume that is the shampoo you are talking about

Written By: Cautious Lip on 02/12/10 at 9:00 pm

This is the thread about Herbal Essence Shampoo and someone said it was available in that store.  So therefore it is reasonable to assume that is the shampoo you are talking about

So what? That doesn't justify the fact you weren't focused on what you were reading. Moving on...........
......If anyone has information on where Yucca Dew shampoo may be purchased please let me know.

Written By: Betsy on 03/03/10 at 7:33 pm

:D where can I buy the original green bottle of herbal essence shampoo or my favorite HERBAL ESSENCE BODY SPLASH, I loved that!  They also had a conditioner.  Help ???

Written By: sonja on 08/28/13 at 3:50 pm

where did you find the body splash?  You didn't mention any websites or stores?

:o
I miss the originl as well.  I also loved Gee, Body on Tap and wow....the list is endless. BUT!!  I found an online store that carries the Body on Tap and Gee Your Hair smells Terrific.  I also "stumbled" upon a "kopy Kat" of the original Herbal Essence.  It smells just like the original in the green bottle...and to replace the big "jug" of body splash they used to carry, you can get the same fragrance in the body scrubs and lotions.  It's so cool...

Written By: Lindee on 08/28/13 at 9:00 pm

I was just on the Vermont country store website and don't see it all.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/13 at 7:28 am

I was just on the Vermont country store website and don't see it all.

Maybe they went out of business?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...