inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad songs of the 70s

Written By: 66drivein on 02/09/08 at 9:57 pm

I really like the songs of the 70s but, there are some that made me turn off the radio and turn on my 8 track player.
Here's just a few.

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Midnight At the Oasis - Maria Maldaur
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Loving You - Minnie Riperton
Don't Give Up On Us Baby - David Soul
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka
Let Her In - John Travolta

Subject: Re: Bad songs of the 70s

Written By: gibbo on 02/09/08 at 11:50 pm

I really like the songs of the 70s but, there are some that made me turn off the radio and turn on my 8 track player.
Here's just a few.

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

Sorry, I actually enjoyed the first 4 ...but the last three I agree with. I might be a 70's tragic as I am finding difficult to recall any bad songs. I know I wouldn't have the same problems with the 80's, 90's and 00's. I'll try harder...... :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/08 at 1:39 am

Here's just a few.

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

With the exception of David Soul and Travolta, I would agree with all of those.  Loving You by Minnie Ripperton is a song that I still question how it became as popular as it did

One I don't really care for is 'Hocus Pocus' by Focus.  It's just too weird

Written By: cinnabon on 02/10/08 at 6:10 am

Feelings - Morris Albert
Muskrat Love - Captain and Tennille
Wham Bam Shang a Lang and a Sha La La La La La Thing - Silver

I like the David Soul tune as well - I also thought Owen Wilson did a great job singing it in the Starsky and Hutch movie a few years ago.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/10/08 at 8:51 am

Here's just a few.

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

I don't think we'll ever get a full consensus on what constitutes a 'bad' song  ;D

I don't dislike any of your 'bad' choices, although 'Let Her In' was lame.  But naturally, I now have to sound off with some of mine:  ;)

Emma - Hot Chocolate
You Light Up My Life - Debby Boone
Run Joey Run - David Geddes
Heartbeat It's A Love Beat - De Franco Family

:P

Written By: loki 13 on 02/10/08 at 9:44 am

With the exception of Hocus Pocus, in the 70's I thought every song mentioned in this thread so far was bad.
This is a biased opinion however because I was a prog rock/metal fan in the 70's and if it didn't fit into that
catagory most songs were bad. I did like a few songs but not many. my list would include:

Disco...(All of it)

My taste has evolved, I can tolerate a lot of songs I despised in the 70's. One song stands out though that I hate
now that I liked in the 70's.

Low Rider....War-----UUGGHHH!

Written By: Brigitte on 02/10/08 at 1:26 pm

NEWTON-JOHN, OLIVIA - Have You Never Been Mellow

Written By: KKay on 02/10/08 at 4:37 pm

now we're talking my topic.
although many consider them bad, i consider it gold.
i'm sure we all agree that Angie Baby is a nightmare of a song....Is it me or is it really about some mentally-challenged woman that is visited by some teenage lover who climbs thru her window?  Yikes!!!!!

Let Her In is definately the worst of the era. 

OLJ can do no wrong as far as im' concerned, neither can miss ripperton.

One that I really hate is "Eres Tu"...blaacccch.

Written By: Paul on 02/10/08 at 5:01 pm

'Wand'rin' Star' by Lee Marvin (yes, him!)...

He tediously waded through this song with a voice so deep, it was a danger to submarines!  :P

For added torture value, the flip was 'I Talk To The Trees' by Clint Eastwood (yes, him!)...and after this performance, even the trees got up and walked out!

Tragically (and to this day, inexplicably!), this double-sided debacle topped the chart in Britain!  :-[

As did 'If' by Telly Savalas (yes, him as well!)...but that's too painful to contemplate!

Written By: cinnabon on 02/10/08 at 5:08 pm

As did 'If' by Telly Savalas (yes, him as well!)...but that's too painful to contemplate!

Was that a remake of the Bread song?

And BTW many of you may not be familiar with this one, but another song that belongs in this category, IMO, is If You Remember Me by Chris Thompson, another one of those icky ballads from the late 70s - I had not heard it in a long time until a radio station in my area dug it up last year and played it; the most scary part is I actually remembered the entire song!  :P  8-P

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/08 at 8:39 pm

my list would include:

Disco...(All of it)

LOL!

"If" was pretty bad, and "Loving You" was worse. Having listened to some 70s songs recently, "All By Myself" has to be one of the most depressing songs ever.

Ant

Written By: KKay on 02/10/08 at 8:53 pm

Maybe Half-breed by Cher.

Written By: 66drivein on 02/10/08 at 10:16 pm

I agree that the 80s and 90s were tough times for producing good music.

But there were those songs that I had to wonder how in the world did they ever get on the radio.
How do you make the jump from Ozark Mountain Daredevils to My Eyes Adored You or She's Having My Baby. Talk about hitting the brakes and getting derailed.

And I gotta say, "She's Having My Baby" is one of the all time worse date songs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 3:12 am

Feelings - Morris Albert
So bad I had forgotten all about it!

Written By: whistledog on 02/11/08 at 3:14 am

So bad I had forgotten all about it!

Yet so good it charted twice in some countries :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 3:21 am

Yet so good it charted twice in some countries :D
Feelings by Morris Albert peaked at #4 in the UK charts in 1975 in only one release.

Written By: gibbo on 02/11/08 at 3:37 am

Whew!! I finally remember a 70's song I didn't like. 'You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille'..............

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/11/08 at 3:40 am

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

Emma - Hot Chocolate

Feelings by Morris Albert

Just some of the 'bad songs' mentioned so far.

Guess I've got bad taste (according to some of you )  ... but I quite like all of the following:

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Emma - Hot Chocolate

Feelings ... has managed to choke me up on more than one occasion ... as I've sung along, reminiscing about lost love.

Emma and At Seventeen are touching songs too.  A sentimental fool like me WOULD like these.  :-[

Written By: cinnabon on 02/11/08 at 5:05 am

Feelings by Morris Albert peaked at #4 in the UK charts in 1975 in only one release.

I just remembered a Pepsi commercial from the early 90's with MC Hammer where he drinks Pepsi and he's singing his own music but when he drinks a Coke the song "Feelings" comes out of his mouth inexplicably, then he switches back to Pepsi and voila he's rapping again.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 5:06 am

I just remembered a Pepsi commercial from the early 90's with MC Hammer where he drinks Pepsi and he's singing his own music but when he drinks a Coke the song "Feelings" comes out of his mouth inexplicably, then he switches back to Pepsi and voila he's rapping again.  ;D
I missed that!

Written By: karen on 02/11/08 at 8:07 am

Whew!! I finally remember a 70's song I didn't like. 'You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille'..............

Who did the parody

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

I thought it was Billy Connolly but can't find anything about him.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it was ever a song or just a punchline to a joke.  :-\\

Written By: 66drivein on 02/11/08 at 12:34 pm

Who did the parody

I thought it was Billy Connolly but can't find anything about him.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it was ever a song or just a punchline to a joke.  :-\\

I don't know who sang the parody but I do know that line is pretty popular in NASCAR. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 12:51 pm

Who did the parody

I don't know who sang the parody but I do know that line is pretty popular in NASCAR. ;D
I think it was the Barron Knights.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 12:55 pm

It was, on their Live In Trouble EP (1977)

Written By: karen on 02/11/08 at 1:53 pm

Possibly.

It was, on their Live In Trouble EP (1977)

Do you have all their records?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 1:59 pm

Possibly.

Do you have all their records?
I have Call Up The Groups and Pop Go The Workers both from the 60's, but I would not mind having the albums.

Written By: Paul on 02/11/08 at 2:54 pm

Was that a remake of the Bread song?

In the loosest possible term of 'remake'...yes!

Whereas Lee & Clint actually did make a half-arsed attempt to 'sing', Tel just spoke the lyrics over a sugary backing!

Not content with taking it all the way to the top, the LP it came from also charted!  :o

I can only assume we were completely hooked on Kojak!

They did do a parody, but their line was...'you picked a fine time to bend down, Lucille' (don't ask!)

Like karen says, the 'loose wheel' line may have just been a punchline to a joke of the time...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/08 at 2:56 pm

They did do a parody, but their line was...'you picked a fine time to bend down, Lucille' (don't ask!)

Like karen says, the 'loose wheel' line may have just been a punchline to a joke of the time...
...and I cannot find the lyrics to the parody anywhere.

Written By: gibbo on 02/12/08 at 3:28 am

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

Emma - Hot Chocolate

Just some of the 'bad songs' mentioned so far.

Guess I've got bad taste (according to some of you )  ... but I quite like all of the following:

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Emma - Hot Chocolate

Feelings ... has managed to choke me up on more than one occasion ... as I've sung along, reminiscing about lost love.

Emma and At Seventeen are touching songs too.  A sentimental fool like me WOULD like these.  :-[

Make that two sentimental old fools then.

Written By: gibbo on 02/12/08 at 3:32 am

In the loosest possible term of 'remake'...yes!

Whereas Lee & Clint actually did make a half-arsed attempt to 'sing', Tel just spoke the lyrics over a sugary backing!

Not content with taking it all the way to the top, the LP it came from also charted!  :o

I can only assume we were completely hooked on Kojak!

Hey, stop pickin on Lee and Clint. They did a damn fine job for two no talent guys and I just recently bought Paint Your Wagon  (and enjoyed it)...

Written By: Paul on 02/12/08 at 7:04 am

Hey, stop pickin on Lee and Clint. They did a damn fine job for two no talent guys and I just recently bought Paint Your Wagon  (and enjoyed it)...

If there's one thing I won't knock them (or Tel) for, it's their acting abilities...

...but why on Earth they all decided to fancy themselves as vocalists is something of a mystery...

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/12/08 at 7:29 am

Make that two sentimental old fools then.

Thanks Peter. It's people like you who keep me afloat in my darkest moments ....

Make me feel less isolated than I sometimes do ?

As for .....

Did Clint sing on that .....? Don't think so ..... although I do know Lee somehow got to No.1 in the UK ....

That song .... 'Wandrin' Star' .... was there for 3 weeks (at No.1) ... and spent 18 weeks on the chart in my favourite ever year ..... 1970. At the time, think I thought it was a bit of an embarrassment .... (chart book says it flopped in the US ... in spite of selling 2 million world wide ! ).

Lee Marvin's voice is so low ... sounds like he must've had balls that Chef from South Park would've been proud of !

These days, I like the song .... it does have a certain charm .

Don't even mind David Soul's no. 1  .... 'Don't give up on us baby' ......

but as for Telly Savalas pretty much mumbling his way / talking through Bread's beautiful song 'If' .... well there I truly have to shake my head ! Just how the hell does that piece of ..... make it to no. 1  ..... when the original .... I don't even want to talk about them in the same breath !

8-P

Written By: cinnabon on 02/12/08 at 4:27 pm

Do you think Shannon by Henry Gross falls into this category? Personally I think it's one of those songs that's so bad it's good, if you know what I mean.

(FYI : the song Shannon was about the death of a dog; singer Henry Gross was also a member of Sha Na Na)

Written By: gibbo on 02/13/08 at 5:29 am

As for .....

Did Clint sing on that .....? Don't think so ..... although I do know Lee somehow got to No.1 in the UK ....

8-P

Clint most certainly did sing 'I Talk To the Trees' (but they don't listen to me). I thought he did an okay job with it considering all those punches he took to the throat and the shootings and hangins he endured in past movies.......Don't tell me it wasn't all for real.........

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/13/08 at 5:47 am

Clint most certainly did sing 'I Talk To the Trees' (but they don't listen to me). I thought he did an okay job with it considering all those punches he took to the throat and the shootings and hangins he endured in past movies.......Don't tell me it wasn't all for real.........

Me? I have a LOT of time for 'Clint'....  8)  BUT !    Damn ....  >:(  if I see the Good the bad; For a few dollars' ; Outlaw Josie Wales; Gauntlet; Sudden Impact; Magnum force .... etc;etc etc;

ONE more time ......  >:(  >:( 

Jeez ..... I'm gonna start to wonder ...... what DID  I do with my life ? ???  :-[  :\'(

Alright, 'Clint' ...... was just kidding.  :-[

What's that ? 'Hang 'em high' is on channel 9  RIGHT NOW ?    ???  ............ Where IS that remote control ? !  ???  >:( >:(    :P  :P    :D

Written By: gibbo on 02/13/08 at 5:52 am

Me? I have a LOT of time for 'Clint'....   8)  BUT !     Damn ....   >:(  if I see the Good the bad; For a few dollars' ; Outlaw Josie Wales; Gauntlet; Sudden Impact; Magnum force .... etc;etc etc;

ONE more time ......   >:(  >:(   

Jeez ..... I'm gonna start to wonder ...... what DID  I do with my life ? ???  :-[   :\'(

Alright, 'Clint' ...... was just kidding.   :-[

What's that ? 'Hang 'em high' is on channel 9   RIGHT NOW ?    ???  ............ Where IS that remote control ? !   ???   >:( >:(     :P   :P    :D

Love the additional signature ;D :o ;D

Written By: gibbo on 02/13/08 at 5:53 am

Found another one

Before The Next Teardrop Falls - Freddy Fender

Written By: 66drivein on 02/13/08 at 6:14 am

Found another one

Before The Next Teardrop Falls - Freddy Fender

I saw Freddie Fender at the New Mexico State Fair rodeo in the 70s. A wagon was brought out as a stage for the performers.
There was collective groan when he got on the wagon.
There were even a few people around me that booed him. I didn't care for him but I never booed him.

As for the song.......it fits right in here.

Written By: gibbo on 02/13/08 at 6:25 am

I saw Freddie Fender at the New Mexico State Fair rodeo in the 70s. A wagon was brought out as a stage for the performers.
There was collective groan when he got on the wagon.
There were even a few people around me that booed him. I didn't care for him but I never booed him.

As for the song.......it fits right in here.

Why, thanks for the agreement. Not many people ever agree with me........

Written By: ninny on 02/13/08 at 10:26 am

Here's just a few.

At Seventeen - Janis Ian
Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka

I have to agree with you on..Midnight at the Oasis,Angie Baby,Loving You,Don't Give up on Us Baby & Let Her In,I kinda like At Seventeen and Bad Blood.
What about I Was Made For Dancin'- Leif Garrett , Run Joey Run - David Geddes, I Was Made For Loving You- Kiss, Makin' It -  David Naughton,  I Like Dreaming -Kenny Nolan, MacArthur's Park-both artist that did it. The Last Farewell-Roger Whittaker (even though my mom loved it) and and I know lots of people love this song,but I could not stand I Will Survive-Gloria Gaynor.

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/08 at 10:47 am

'The Morning After' by Maureen McGovern.  Cannot stand this song

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/08 at 10:47 am

'The Morning After' by Maureen McGovern.  Cannot stand this song
Was that song from movie "The Poseidon Adventure"?

Written By: ninny on 02/13/08 at 11:13 am

Was that song from movie "The Poseidon Adventure"?

Yes

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/08 at 11:23 am

Yes
Then it is a disaster song from a disaster film?

Written By: ninny on 02/13/08 at 11:59 am

Then it is a disaster song from a disaster film?

Interesting analysis... here's the song for you to enjoy or maybe not
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bcLazPauA1c&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value=

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/13/08 at 4:15 pm

I have to agree with you on..Midnight at the Oasis,Angie Baby,Loving You,Don't Give up on Us Baby & Let Her In,I kinda like At Seventeen and Bad Blood.
What about I Was Made For Dancin'- Leif Garrett , Run Joey Run - David Geddes, I Was Made For Loving You- Kiss, Makin' It -  David Naughton,  I Like Dreaming -Kenny Nolan, MacArthur's Park-both artist that did it. The Last Farewell-Roger Whittaker (even though my mom loved it) and and I know lots of people love this song,but I could not stand I Will Survive-Gloria Gaynor.

The Last Farewell-Roger Whittaker (even though my mom loved it)

Bad ?  ??? ::)

< LOVED it / sees it as an 'All time great' !  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/08 at 4:16 pm

The Last Farewell-Roger Whittaker (even though my mom loved it)

Bad ?  ??? ::)

< LOVED it / sees it as an 'All time great' !  :)
The Last Farewell ~ Roger Whittaker

I like it too, the lyrics show good meaning.

Written By: saver on 02/13/08 at 5:36 pm

2 Songs come to mind, maybe because they both droned on and on:

1. Tennessee Birdwalk......listen to how enthused the girl is when she has to sing 'Chirp, chirp'...SEE???

2. Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald.....on and on...the only song I know that can throw in the word GITCHEGOOMIE, and sell it!   

Written By: Paul on 02/13/08 at 5:47 pm

Those lyrics were written by a member of the Great British public...

Roger used to have a radio programme back in the early 70s and at one time he invited his audience to send in an original piece of prose which he would then set to music. He was so taken by 'The Last Farewell' that he recorded it at his next opportunity...

However, the song didn't become popular until Radio 2 (who else!) started giving the song heavy airplay some four years later!

Back to the bad songs...J.J. Barrie's 'No Charge' and Red Sovine's 'Teddy Bear' were gruesomely vomit-inducing...

So much so, that they became big British hits! (J.J. hitting the top in 1976 and Red very nearly in 1981... :P)

Written By: 66drivein on 02/13/08 at 5:56 pm

The Last Farewell-Roger Whittaker .

I can take or leave I will Survive.  Leif Garrett is another story. I'll not use profanity but I will say he sucks eggs!

I do however like Last Farewell. I Would listen to my transistor radio on my way to Jr. high school bus stop and it would be played at the same time every morning for several weeks.
Once I heard it on a HI-FI record player I really liked it because the full sound of the orchestra came through the speakers.

For me It's one of my all time favorites. I've it on an LP, cassette tape and CD. It's also on my computer.

As far as Slim Whitman and his high falsetto "country" sound and Zamfir on his pan flute. I'll pass.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/13/08 at 6:05 pm

Those lyrics were written by a member of the Great British public...

Roger used to have a radio programme back in the early 70s and at one time he invited his audience to send in an original piece of prose which he would then set to music. He was so taken by 'The Last Farewell' that he recorded it at his next opportunity...

However, the song didn't become popular until Radio 2 (who else!) started giving the song heavy airplay some four years later!

Yes Paul ....

The following is from the Roger Whittaker official website:

THE LAST FAREWELL

One of Whittaker's best-loved songs in America is "The Last Farewell." And he enjoys telling the story of how the tune came to be a favorite. Originally recorded in 1971, the lyrics to the song were written by a Birmingham, England, silversmith who entered a contest in which the best lyric or poem sent to Whittaker would be put to music and recorded. Although "The Last Farewell" was not the winner, the song was included on an album, along with the winner "Why" "Suddenly, five years, later, I got the call from Atlanta, Georgia," Whittaker relates. "The wife of a program director had requested the song be played on WSB radio there. She had heard the song while traveling to Canada.

"The Last Farewell" went on to become the most requested song on WSB's playlist and within weeks, it became a massive hit all over the world, reaching the coveted Number One slot in 11 different countries. In the USA, "The Last Farewell" became a Top 20 hit in 1975 and finally selling over 11,000,000 copies worldwide. The song broke down the barriers to success in America for Whittaker and opened up a vast new country for his music to explore.

Gotta confess, if I DID know about the public member being behind that song .... I'd forgotten.  :-[

I was quite sure 'Why' was a song submitted by the public ... it is a song I like VERY much ..... although oddly ..... very oddly, this song which apparently beat The Last Farewell .... only appeared for ONE week on the UK charts .... and at the VERY low spot of #47 !  :\'(

Incidentally, Roger is or was  'one mean whistler'! I have just played his recording of .... 'Mexican Whistler' !  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/08 at 4:35 am

^ then Roger Whittaker make a duet with Des O'Connor

Written By: cinnabon on 02/14/08 at 5:55 am

What about William Shatner's interpretation of Rocket Man - good or bad?  I'm pretty sure that was in the 70s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/08 at 6:10 am

What about William Shatner's interpretation of Rocket Man - good or bad?  I'm pretty sure that was in the 70s.
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is more renowned.

Written By: ninny on 02/14/08 at 6:39 am

I am basing my opinion on how I remember the song in the 1970's, I was 15 when it came out and I have only heard the song less than a handful of times since then,I just remember the song sounded a little bit old maybe syrupy for my taste back then,,seeing is how everyone has a strong opinion,I will someday look the song up and give it another listen to.

Written By: holicman on 02/14/08 at 7:22 am

Any song from the movie Grease (except Franki Valli's hit) is lame and crap.

Lovin you by Minnie Ripperton is the only song I would discount from those mentioned in the original post.

Albert Hammond's "it never rains in sunny california" is another pissweak song.

There are probably a few others that charted but I just cant think of them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 1:58 pm

I must admit that there are a few songs that some have mentioned that I really like (Angie Baby, At 17) and others I would definitely put on the Jukebox From Hell:

Feelings
Muskrat Love
Run Joey Run (which I must confessed that I liked when it first came out-and one time I did meet the singer's dad  :o )
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-William Shatner
MacArthur Park-and I don't care who sings it-all of it really sucks.

I'm sure I will think of more later.

Cat 

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/14/08 at 4:17 pm

I must admit that there are a few songs that some have mentioned that I really like (Angie Baby, At 17) and others I would definitely put on the Jukebox From Hell:

Feelings

I'm sure I will think of more later.

Cat 

Feelings ? You mean that beautifully sentimental song by Brazilian 'Morris Albert' (real name Morris Kaissermann) .... THAT  song from 1975.

You don't like it ?  ???

Well perhaps this is relevant to the song title  :-\\  .... but  .... but .....

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/mcenroe-badboys-120x120.jpg

You CANNOT be serious !

Give me that mic ! >:( .... Time for a bit of karaoke !  >:(

http://victors_realm.tripod.com/Music/bounce1.gif

Feelings, nothing more than feelings

Trying to forget my, reading your views  >:(

Teardrops, rollilng down on my face ..... ->  http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/webby/cry.gif

I wish I'd never read this thread, I'll never laugh again !  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/08 at 4:22 pm

Feelings ? You mean that beautifully sentimental song by Brazilian 'Morris Albert' (real name Morris Kaissermann) .... THAT  song from 1975.

You don't like it ?   ???

Well perhaps this is relevant to the song title  :-\\  .... but  .... but .....

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/mcenroe-badboys-120x120.jpg

You CANNOT be serious !

Give me that mic ! >:( .... Time for a bit of karaoke !  >:(

http://victors_realm.tripod.com/Music/bounce1.gif

Feelings, nothing more than feelings

Trying to forget my, reading your views  >:(

Teardrops, rollilng down on my face ..... ->   http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/webby/cry.gif

I wish I'd never read this thread, I'll never laugh again !   :\'( :\'( :\'(

"Feeling", known as the Dentsit Song.

"Fillings, nothing more than fillings..."

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/14/08 at 4:26 pm

"Feeling", known as the Dentsit Song.

"Fillings, nothing more than fillings..."

The 'dentist song' ?

Well Phil, do you know that other 'Phil' ?  The Scottish dentist, ......  Phil McCavity ?

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 4:35 pm

I definitely agree with you there, lol. Awful songs. A couple more to add to the sh . . . I mean . . . hit list, lol.

'Sugar baby love' - Rubettes
'Float on' - Floaters
'Indian reservation' - Don Fardon

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/14/08 at 4:49 pm

I definitely agree with you there, lol. Awful songs. A couple more to add to the sh . . . I mean . . . hit list, lol.

'Float on' - Floaters
'Indian reservation' - Don Fardon

Hello 'Bobby' .

Don't think I've made your acquaintance before, but going by that avatar, you're the 'Bobby' of a year or more ago ?

So, hi !  :)

As for 'Indian reservation' though ...... hate to say it, but I like that song. For me, that version craps from a great height on the version later done by Paul Revere and the Raiders, which somehow got to US #1, when the original could only make #20 there ! Still at least Fardon made UK #3, whereas Raiders version never made THAT chart !  :P

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:05 pm

Hello 'Bobby' .

Don't think I've made your acquaintance before, but going by that avatar, you're the 'Bobby' of a year or more ago ?

So, hi !  :)

As for 'Indian reservation' though ...... hate to say it, but I like that song. For me, that version craps from a great height on the version later done by Paul Revere and the Raiders, which somehow got to US #1, when the original could only make #20 there ! Still at least Fardon made UK #3, whereas Raiders version never made THAT chart !   :P

Hiya Mr Mister. Yeah I've seen you around too but never got around to make your acquaintance by the time I left. Still, making up for lost time. :)

Tee hee, it's cool to disagree with me. I will have to listen to the Paul Revere version even if it's just to prefer the Fardon version, lol.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/14/08 at 5:16 pm

Hiya Mr Mister. Yeah I've seen you around too but never got around to make your acquaintance by the time I left. Still, making up for lost time. :)

Tee hee, it's cool to disagree with me. I will have to listen to the Paul Revere version even if it's just to prefer the Fardon version, lol.

Actually, I do think there was ONE post where you / I  interacted, just before one or both of us disappeared. Something deep and meaningful re relationships, your insights about the pain involved,  healing and so on .

Cool you're back !  8)

Oh, as for that Revere version, well to my ears it's just bland. The Fardon version ... it's very atmospheric / menacing ..... some good instrumentation ....

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/14/08 at 5:17 pm

Interestingly, the Paul Revere & The Raiders version is the only one I've ever heard...

Written By: Henk on 02/14/08 at 5:19 pm

You think that's bad..? ...Ever heard them when they tried to tackle Serious Stuff (like in "Under One Roof")? 8-P

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/14/08 at 5:23 pm

Interestingly, the Paul Revere & The Raiders version is the only one I've ever heard...

In that case, I hope you seek out /  download the other version from Limewire etc;  :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:29 pm

Actually, I do think there was ONE post where you / I  interacted, just before one or both of us disappeared. Something deep and meaningful re relationships, your insights about the pain involved,  healing and so on .

Cool you're back !   8)

Oh, as for that Revere version, well to my ears it's just bland. The Fardon version ... it's very atmospheric / menacing ..... some good instrumentation ....

It sounds about rght, I was going through a bit of a rough spot at the time. Anyway . . . Here's to more intereraction, sir. :)

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:32 pm

Ah! There you go . . . I was struck dumb when I heard Emile Ford's version of 'What do you wanna make those eyes at me for?' after years of being convinced that Shakin' Stevens did it first, lol.

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:33 pm

You think that's bad..? ...Ever heard them when they tried to tackle Serious Stuff (like in "Under One Roof")? 8-P

*shudder*

I'm in a masochistic mood tonight so I'm going to download it and have a listen, lol.

Written By: Henk on 02/14/08 at 5:38 pm

*shudder*

I'm in a masochistic mood tonight so I'm going to download it and have a listen, lol.

Masochists...we seem to be a bit short of those lately, with Andy (aka Alchoholica aka Davey Thrashmister) online at irregular intervals.

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:42 pm

Masochists...we seem to be a bit short of those lately, with Andy (aka Alchoholica aka Davey Thrashmister) online at irregular intervals.

I said hello to him elsewhere recently. I think he's pretty busy with things at the moment.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 5:49 pm

I said hello to him elsewhere recently. I think he's pretty busy with things at the moment.

Welcome back, my friend. It is really good to see you around here once again.  This place just wasn't the same since you left.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 5:55 pm

Welcome back, my friend. It is really good to see you around here once again.  This place just wasn't the same since you left.

You're very sweet, Cat. :)

You have been a very good friend to me.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/08 at 6:02 pm

BOBBY

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/heartline.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 6:05 pm

You're very sweet, Cat. :)

You have been a very good friend to me.

The feeling is mutual.

Ok, getting back on topic:

Disco Duck-Rick Dees.  8-P

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/14/08 at 6:09 pm

BOBBY

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/heartline.gif

Now you're just trying to make me blush, lol.

Thank you very much, Dagny. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 6:16 pm

Bobby, you should start a thread in the PPP or the newbie section because we totally we totally jack this thread into a "Welcome Back, Bobby," thread.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 02/14/08 at 8:28 pm

Disco Duck-Rick Dees.  8-P

Cat

Would this be a bad time to admit I liked Disco Duck?  :-[

Written By: Henk on 02/15/08 at 12:14 am

Would this be a bad time to admit I liked Disco Duck?   :-good time...?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/08 at 12:59 am

Would this be a bad time to admit I liked Disco Duck?   :-[
Can I call this record annoying?

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/08 at 7:20 am

Can I call this record annoying?

Call it what you want. ;)

I think the reason I like it so much is when it came out I was about 5 and living with my dad.  Every Saturday we would go out for breakfast and he would let me play it on the jukebox in the restaurant.  It is probably the good memories that make me like it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/08 at 12:12 pm

Call it what you want. ;)

I think the reason I like it so much is when it came out I was about 5 and living with my dad.  Every Saturday we would go out for breakfast and he would let me play it on the jukebox in the restaurant.  It is probably the good memories that make me like it.

Sometimes bad songs can spark good memories.  Someone mentioned Tennessee Bird Walk and that song reminds me of my sisters and I kind of acting it out-if you can imagine that.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: KKay on 02/15/08 at 12:19 pm

how can you not love Convoy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/08 at 12:22 pm

Breaker 1-9, Breaker 1-9. Got a copy on me PigPen?  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/08 at 12:26 pm

I have the single (somewhere) and saw the film.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/08 at 2:11 pm

Ooh, another bad one-Shirley and Squirrelly. That was a Grammy winning song if there ever was one-NOT!!!  ::)

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 02/15/08 at 2:27 pm

Short People...Randy Newman - I can't see how this horrible novelty song ever charted. It reached
#2 on the charts, Debby Boones's "You Light Up My Life," is what kept it from reaching #1.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/15/08 at 2:36 pm

Short People...Randy Newman - I can't see how this horrible novelty song ever charted. It reached
#2 on the charts, Deddy Boones's "You Light Up My Life," is what kept it from reaching #1.
You Light Up My Life, now that was one dire movie.

Written By: 66drivein on 02/15/08 at 7:24 pm

Walk on the Wild Side was one song that everyone I knew hated it.
It did well on the charts but I have only met a handful of people who liked it.

Written By: gibbo on 02/15/08 at 7:31 pm

Paul Anka "Having My Baby"

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/15/08 at 8:13 pm

Ooh, another bad one-Shirley and Squirrelly. That was a Grammy winning song if there ever was one-NOT!!!  ::)

Now you've done it.  Hark!  Let your ears feast upon Gloria Balsam and her 1972 smash hit:  FLUFFY!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/15/08 at 8:24 pm

Paul Anka "Having My Baby"

Gotta say that one IS  a bit 'cringe-worthy' ... well, in my book. 'Having my baby , what a beautiful way to say you love ME ....)  .... or something close to that (the lyrics).

Cynical old me kinda probably thought ..isn't that a woman's biological drive ... to be a mother at SOME point in her life ....  :-X

Of course, I don't mean ALL women .... but a lot. The fact she had the baby with you, Paul / man in the street who identifies with this ... well, maybe you were just an instrument to achieve this aim ... and now we're into an 80's song ..... 'What's love, got to do with it, what's love but ....) !  :P ;D

Written By: 66drivein on 02/15/08 at 8:36 pm

Now you've done it.  Hark!  Let your ears feast upon Gloria Balsam and her 1972 smash hit:  FLUFFY!

The writers of Friends must have heard this song and came up with "Smelly cat". Actually Smelly cat is better.

Written By: gibbo on 02/15/08 at 10:33 pm

The song " The Way That You Do It" by Pussyfoot was pretty bad (English I think ...and was a hit for some reason in Australia) .  Here's some lyrics.....

It's not the way that you do it
But how you do it to me
It's not the way that I want it
But how you want it to be

They say that one and one make two-oo
But you and me, we know it's three
They say that we won't be happy
I wish they'd get off our tree

Ooh-na-na, Ooh-na-na-hi-ya
Ooh-na-na-hi-ya-hi-ya
Ooh-na-na-hi-ya-hi-ya

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/15/08 at 10:37 pm

The song " The Way That You Do It" by Pussyfoot was pretty bad (English I think ...and was a hit for some reason in Australia) .  Here's some lyrics.....

It's not the way that you do it
But how you do it to me
It's not the way that I want it
But how you want it to be

They say that one and one make two-oo
But you and me, we know it's three
They say that we won't be happy
I wish they'd get off our tree

Ooh-na-na-hi-ya-hi-ya
Ooh-na-na-hi-ya-hi-ya

I hate to be the one to do this to you Peter .... being on '69' is nice ..... possibly THE highlight of anyone's time on this board .... so I've resisted doing it for a day or so .... but ..... well, nothing good lasts forever now, does it ?  ???

(I hope he'll forgive me !  :\'(  :-\\  :P ).

Oh yeah .... that Pussyfoot song ... waste of space IMHO !  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 02/15/08 at 10:40 pm

I hate to be the one to do this to you Peter .... being on '69' is nice ..... possibly THE highlight of anyone's time on this board .... so I've resisted doing it for a day or so .... but ..... well, nothing good lasts forever now, does it ?  ???

(I hope he'll forgive me !   :\'(  :-\\  :P ).

Not certain what to say to that Alan...........er, thanks for stopping my 69? 8-P ;D

Oh yeah .... that Pussyfoot song ... waste of space IMHO !  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 6:39 am

Walk on the Wild Side was one song that everyone I knew hated it.
It did well on the charts but I have only met a handful of people who liked it.
You are meeting another who like this song.

Have you heard the Rolf Harris version of it?

Written By: 66drivein on 02/16/08 at 7:10 am

You are meeting another who like this song.

Have you heard the Rolf Harris version of it?

I can't say that I have. In fact I've never heard of Rolf Harris.

I Googled him and found his Jukebox. He's cover of the songs are great!!! I laughed all the way through "I touch myself".

http://www.rolfharrisjukebox.com/

Written By: cinnabon on 02/16/08 at 4:10 pm

I Googled him and found his Jukebox. He's cover of the songs are great!!! I laughed all the way through "I touch myself".

The only song of his I'm familiar with is Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport from the 60's which is a pretty cute song.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 4:12 pm

The only song of his I'm familiar with is Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport from the 60's which is a pretty cute song.  :)
Over the years Rolf Harris has become a national treasure to the UK.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/08 at 5:24 pm

You Needed Me-Anne Murray 8-P

I'll listen to that "Fluffy" song-it is just right now, I'm in the middle of doing about 500 things (as usual).

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 5:28 pm

Over the years Rolf Harris has become a national treasure to the UK.

If only we could stick him in a chest, lol.

Admittedly, I liked his 'Nick Teen and Al K Hall' and the infamous 'Court of King Caractus' (how he sung that without drawing breath beats me). I used to like 'Jake the peg' but that has grated on me since.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 5:31 pm

Now that you mention him, I'm gonna have to download his song 'Sun Arise' which had a cool didgeridoo sound and was his UK follow up to 'Kangaroo' ...

BTW ... in checking up on 'Sun Arise' ... I found out (weird !) that this song has been covered by ALICE COOPER !!!!

Here's a 'youtube link' which I intend to see for myself for the first time:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IuUoZTNkLo

Rolf is certainly something of a character, and an all around talent. Seems he was the junior backstroke champ of Australia.  He is well loved in Britain, and seems to have been around for ever. As a child, I saw him regularly on tv, and in his show he would just grab some pots of paint, then apply these with paint brush to a large canvas on stage. Initially, you'd have no idea what he was painting, but in the space of a few minutes, a very well crafted picture would emerge. It was a very clever act, from week to week.

He was so popular there, that by the time trivial pursuit came out, whenever there was a question which required you to name a male Australian .... if you didn't know the answer, you'd say 'Rolf Harris' (just cos he was about the ONLY Australian many Brits had heard of at that time !).  ;D

Interestingly, in the 60's .... a decade that introduced us to the Beatles, Stones, Doors, Hendrix, etc; ... it was middle of the road 'Rolf Harris' who had the last UK #1 of the 'swinging sixties'. It was with a song written in the early part of the 20th C, a sentimental music hall song called 'Two little Boys'. It spent 6 weeks at No. 1

In the years that I moved to Australia, I lost touch with Rolf's career. Stangely, it almost seems that people here don't want to talk about him / acknowledge his existence .... well, I never saw him on tv here till just a few years ago. Maybe cos he's in his 70's now and finally getting the local recognition ?

When I saw him in the UK back in the 90's, he'd moved into presenting a weekly program called 'Animal Hospital'. It revolved around pet owners bringing their sick animals to the vets for treatment. We would be updated on the pets progress week by week, if it had survival chances.  One week, Rolf told us about a certain person's animal that had died, and it was quite obvious that Rolf was VERY moved. He became a very real loveable person to me in that instant.

More recently he has hosted a program called 'Star Portraits', and was commissioned to paint a portrait of the Queen for her 80th birthday, which received great publicity, not to mention a few critics ...

Finally, he did an amusing cover of the Led Zeppelin song 'Stairway to Heaven' in the 90's. Seems he'd never heard their version at the time (so he claims). Reportedly, some of the Zeppelin fans were so aghast, he received death threats !  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 5:31 pm

If only we could stick him in a chest, lol.

Admittedly, I liked his 'Nick Teen and Al K Hall' and the infamous 'Court of King Caractus' (how he sung that without drawing breath beats me). I used to like 'Jake the peg' but that has grated on me since.
Rolf Harris did have a Christmas Number One Single with his Two Little Boys.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 5:32 pm

You Needed Me-Anne Murray 8-P

I'll listen to that "Fluffy" song-it is just right now, I'm in the middle of doing about 500 things (as usual).

Cat
Then Boyzone recorded the same song much later on?

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 5:32 pm

Oh my God! I've just listened to 'I touch myself', ha ha! The dirty old man really does sound like he's doing that as well.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 5:34 pm

Rolf Harris did have a Christmas Number One Single with his Two Little Boys.

Indeed he did. I used to listen to that on my dad's record player when I was liittle. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 5:35 pm

Oh my God! I've just listened to 'I touch myself', ha ha! The dirty old man really does sound like he's doing that as well.  ;D
I think that I have not heard this track yet, but I soon will be.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 5:37 pm

and the Alice one I mentioned ? (above ^^^^^^) ?

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 5:39 pm

Lol. It's an experience. I thought Rolf was so clean-cut as well.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 5:40 pm

and the Alice one I mentioned ? (above ^^^^^^) ?
One great, singing another great.

The intro sounds the same for "Spirit In The Sky"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 5:40 pm

Lol. It's an experience. I thought Rolf was so clean-cut as well.  ;D
...more tea vicar?

Written By: loki 13 on 02/16/08 at 5:54 pm

Rock And Roll - Part 2....Gary Glitter

Come to think of it, anything by Gary Glitter.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 5:57 pm

I like Gary Glitter. Well, at least his music. Yeah, I have bad taste.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 6:04 pm

Rock And Roll - Part 2....Gary Glitter

Come to think of it, anything by Gary Glitter.
We all know GG and the Rock And Roll - Part 2, but does anyone know the medoly or to Rock and Roll Part 1?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/08 at 6:08 pm

Well, thanks a lot. I have totally forgotten about that song-and gladly, too. But you just HAD to refresh my memory, huh?  >:( >:( >:(  That really ranks (and yes, it is pretty rank) up there with William Shatner's Lucy in the Sky, doesn't it.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/puke.gif

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 6:14 pm

We all know GG and the Rock And Roll - Part 2, but does anyone know the medoly or to Rock and Roll Part 1?

I suspect there was no such song by Gary ?  ::)  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 6:15 pm

I suspect there was no such song by Gary ?   ::)  ;D
The single was released as "Rock And Roll Parts 1 And 2"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/08 at 6:16 pm

The single was released as "Rock And Roll Parts 1 And 2"
Having a Part 1 would make the song to long?

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:19 pm

I like Gary Glitter. Well, at least his music. Yeah, I have bad taste.  ;D

That makes two of us, lol. I like his music (including his Christmas hit 'Another rock 'n' roll Christmas', lol).

As for the man himself, well . . . Is he still in Vietnam these days?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 6:22 pm

That makes two of us, lol. I like his music (including his Christmas hit 'Another rock 'n' roll Christmas', lol).

As for the man himself, well . . . Is he still in Vietnam these days?

He OUGHT to be ... in a cell for a very long time !

Think Phil said they'd stuck him in hospital care ?

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:29 pm

He OUGHT to be ... in a cell for a very long time !

Think Phil said they'd stuck him in hospital care ?

I just did some research, he's still serving a prison sentence but he's got heart problems . . . Apparently he did an interview a couple of years ago saying he wasn't a paedophile but didn't mention his child pornography charges . . . Hmmmmmm, lol . . .  ::)

Written By: gibbo on 02/16/08 at 6:47 pm

I just did some research, he's still serving a prison sentence but he's got heart problems . . . Apparently he did an interview a couple of years ago saying he wasn't a paedophile but didn't mention his child pornography charges . . . Hmmmmmm, lol . . .  ::)

Anyone with hair like his is suspect!!!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 6:49 pm

Anyone with hair like his is suspect!!!

Thought he was bald, last time I saw him .

Written By: loki 13 on 02/16/08 at 6:50 pm

Sounds just like Rock And Roll Pt.2 except it has actual lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ4PfW5Y_mQ&feature=related

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:51 pm

Thought he was bald, last time I saw him .

Yeah I think he had this bald head with goatee beard look. Even though I like it, I do have trouble listening to 'I love you love me love'.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/08 at 7:06 pm

Oh, I got one that is SOOOOOO bad that it is good-"My Ding-a-Ling"-Chuck Berry.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ninny on 02/16/08 at 7:42 pm

Ok I found the Last Farewell on Youtube and decided to give it another listen to,and I have to admit it's not as bad as when I heard it in the 1970's,it's not up in my top songs but at least it's not in the bottom anymore.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/16/08 at 7:49 pm

Ok I found the Last Farewell on Youtube and decided to give it another listen to,and I have to admit it's not as bad as when I heard it in the 1970's,it's not up in my top songs but at least it's not in the bottom anymore.

Hey, I never thought to look there. Is it a good version / is he just miming ?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/17/08 at 12:12 am

Henry Gross "Shannon"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 2:39 am

Could the clip be out of sync?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 4:44 am

Not a song, but one record that stills drives me to tears and even in its original form is "Mozart Symphony No 40" by Waldo De Los Rios. The classical tune has really lead up to detesting the majority of Moazrt's music, thus my liking for Beethoven.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 4:55 am

Not a song, but one record that stills drives me to tears and even in its original form is "Mozart Symphony No 40" by Waldo De Los Rios. The classical tune has really lead up to detesting the majority of Moazrt's music, thus my liking for Beethoven.

I'm surprised you don't like Waldo's version. I think it's great, and find it quite energizing / optimistic, cheerful !

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 4:59 am

I'm surprised you don't like Waldo's version. I think it's great, and find it quite energizing / optimistic, cheerful !
It all stems from being forced to listen to in music at school, the days my music appreciation started.

Written By: Paul on 02/17/08 at 5:55 am

May I humbly submit this?

(You'll probably wish I hadn't!  ;))

Okay, it's actually from 1980, but it's close enough!

The 'blurb' alongside the 'About This Video' will give you a brief lowdown on who this legendary character was!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 7:53 am

The 'blurb' alongside the 'About This Video' will give you a brief lowdown on who this legendary character was!
Did you know that is was Reginald Bosanquet's father that invented "The Googly" in cricket?

Written By: ninny on 02/17/08 at 8:01 am

It's just someone playing the 45  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 8:02 am

It's just someone playing the 45   <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

That is a point, I have not viewed it yet?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 8:06 am

Elvis singing "The Last Farewell"

I never knew he recorded it.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 8:09 am

It's just someone playing the 45  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

I wonder what a 45  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

.....  IS  :-\\    ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 8:10 am

I wonder what a 45   <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

Is a 45 a thing from the past?

Written By: ninny on 02/17/08 at 8:20 am

I wonder what a 45   <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WsbvE-Ezwg0&rel=1"

It's the same as a 78 only smaller :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 8:24 am

DOH !  :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 8:25 am

...and a different shape than a cylinder?

Written By: ninny on 02/17/08 at 8:42 am

...and a different shape than a cylinder?

According to Wikipedia they stopped making cylinders in 1929, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/LOST_kitty_k/The%20House%20on%20the%20Rock/IMG_2332.jpg 

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/boogalooomnibus/more45s.jpg  45's

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/lsm221/records/Houseoftherisingsunrecordlge.jpg  78's

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 8:47 am

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/boogalooomnibus/more45s.jpg  45's
Memories.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 8:55 am

Memories.

may be beautiful, but then, those cracks and warpings that just happened, we simply choose to forget?

So it's the poppings, we won't remember, whenever we remember, the way they sucked, the way they wore !  :P ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 9:02 am

may be beautiful, but then, those cracks and warpings that just happened, we simply choose to forget?

So it's the poppings, we won't remember, whenever we remember, the way they sucked, the way they wore !  :P ;D
One little scratch and that was that?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 9:03 am

Hey ... before anyone gets on my case about vinyl records ....  :(

Let me just say,  ....

some of my best friends were  vinyl ?  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/17/08 at 1:35 pm

A few more bad songs:

I Want Money-The Flying Lizards
Hot Child in the City (running wild smelling s**tty  :D ;D ;D) - Nick Gilder

Cat

Written By: ninny on 02/17/08 at 2:21 pm

A few more bad songs:

Cat

I'm not sure why but I was always fond of Hot Child in The City

Written By: Bobby on 02/17/08 at 3:14 pm

I had a listen to it - funny as heck! Reminds me of a 40 odd year old bloke who used to work at my place for some reason.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 3:15 pm

I had a listen to it - funny as heck! Reminds me of a 40 odd year old bloke who used to work at my place for some reason.
I seem to recall that RB used to read the news when under the influence of...

Written By: Bobby on 02/17/08 at 3:23 pm

A few more bad songs:

Interesting really because I think these two songs could have been much better with different approaches by other bands/singers.  

New Wave's Flying Lizards had a great riff to the song but then put on a stupid submarine radar type effect when it wasn't neccessary. The female singer sounded stoned as well.

As for 'Hot child in the city', I thought Nick Gilder was a woman until I heard the lyrics 'Come on down to my place, woman, We'll make love!'. I didn't realise until I did some research that the song is basically about young runaways who turn to child prostitution.

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/17/08 at 7:39 pm

The two songs from the 70's that I really hate-

Feelings - I don't know who sings this one.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/17/08 at 8:35 pm

Feelings ... that song seems to come up again and again as one a bunch of you here HATE  :-X

People that I get along with, / like. So .... I'm not saying you're wrong not to like it .... just wonder what it is that provokes annoyance.

Does it seem overly sentimental ? Saccharine sweetly  sick ?

Does it make you feel too sad / take you to a place which is too painful in your life ? (You want to forget a failed romance ?).

You think he can't sing ?

You like upbeat songs / ones you can dance to ?

I expect somebody will come in and say YES .... all of the above !

Fine.

I admit it's quite a miserable feel sorry for yourself song ....like (GET OVER IT ALREADY !) .... but ..... I think it's well sung, produced / orchestrated .... and following a VERY painful breakup .... when I sang those lines 'you'll never come again' ... the realisation it was so true ...  :\'( <- Teardrops, rolling down on my face ....

Perhaps a song like this is good for getting in touch with / exploring  that side of yourself ?  :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/18/08 at 12:19 am

Yes, Bobby. You're back, I'd knew you'd find your way back  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/18/08 at 12:20 am

A few more bad songs:

Cat

I like "Hot Child in the City" even though Nick Gilder sounds like a girl.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 1:53 am

Feelings ... that song seems to come up again and again as one a bunch of you here HATE  :-X

People that I get along with, / like. So .... I'm not saying you're wrong not to like it .... just wonder what it is that provokes annoyance.

Does it make you feel too sad / take you to a place which is too painful in your life ? (You want to forget a failed romance ?).

Fine.

I admit it's quite a miserable feel sorry for yourself song ....like (GET OVER IT ALREADY !) .... but ..... I think it's well sung, produced / orchestrated .... and following a VERY painful breakup .... when I sang those lines 'you'll never come again' ... the realisation it was so true ...  :\'( <- Teardrops, rolling down on my face ....

Perhaps a song like this is good for getting in touch with / exploring  that side of yourself ?  :-\\
I cannot even listen to the version of Feelings played by Richard Clayderman

Written By: saver on 02/18/08 at 1:59 am

Maybe this tells you it's bad...when you never hear it again....BILLY, DON'T BE A HERO-By Bo Donaldson and the Haywoods(?)...whatever happened to 'BO'?
And did the Haywoods ever work again together?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 2:19 am

Maybe this tells you it's bad...when you never hear it again....BILLY, DON'T BE A HERO-By Bo Donaldson and the Haywoods(?)...whatever happened to 'BO'?
And did the Haywoods ever work again together?
I only know Billy Don't Be A Hero from the British version be Paper Lace.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/18/08 at 3:23 am

Me too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 4:19 am

Me too.
...and I like that song.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/18/08 at 4:28 am

Well that may be ... Philip ... but as for my actual probing questions ... questions that ANYONE who dislikes that song .....  and they ARE as much entitled to dislike it as I to like it ... well what about my OBJECTIVE questions .... which seem to have been ducked here  ???

The fact that you (of all people  ???  :-\\ ) seem to shy away from objective /rational thought as to the 'whys' .... suggests to me that you are not so much thinking with your brain .... it's just more of a 'Feeling'    ???  ...          (nothing more than  ... 'feelings'    :P :D ).

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 4:34 am

Well that may be ... Philip ... but as for my actual probing questions ... questions that ANYONE who dislikes that song .....  and they ARE as much entitled to dislike it as I to like it ... well what about my OBJECTIVE questions .... which seem to have been ducked here   ???

The fact that you (of all people  ???  :-\\ ) seem to shy away from objective /rational thought as to the 'whys' .... suggests to me that you are not so much thinking with your brain .... it's just more of a 'Feeling'    ???  ...          (nothing more than  ... 'feelings'    :P :D ).
...putting into another context, I do not like playing on the keyboards when my wife requests it.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/18/08 at 4:51 am

...putting into another context, I do not like playing on the keyboards when my wife requests it.

< gives up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 4:53 am

< gives up.
Are there any more songs... ?

Written By: Paul on 02/18/08 at 7:02 am

Not me...I can live with it, albeit in smallish doses!

just wonder what it is that provokes annoyance.

Does it seem overly sentimental ?

This is probably the best reason...yet at the same time, the whole thing seems to lack sincerity (to my ears at any rate)...fiendishly difficult to explain...

Heh! Even Reginald's effort would seem like a miserable, feel-sorry-for-yourself song following a very painful breakup...

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/18/08 at 7:08 am

Not me...I can live with it, albeit in smallish doses!

This is probably the best reason...yet at the same time, the whole thing seems to lack sincerity (to my ears at any rate)...fiendishly difficult to explain...

Heh! Even Reginald's effort would seem like a miserable, feel-sorry-for-yourself song following a very painful breakup...

^

Well, I can live with THAT criticism .... maybe it does lack 'sincerity' ..... a delivery too slick for its own good ?  :-\\

Still, whoever wrote the lyrics seemed to appreciate the pain and thought processes  common to a lot of broken hearts .....  :-X

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/08 at 9:03 am

That Flying Lizards song was awesome for one reason only.  It was apparently recorded in a basement on real cheap equipment for like super low money, which is why it sounds like it was recorded in a basement on real cheap equipment for super low money LOL

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/08 at 9:05 am

That Flying Lizards song was awesome for one reason only.  It was apparently recorded in a basement on real cheap equipment for like super low money, which is why it sounds like it was recorded in a basement on real cheap equipment for super low money LOL
Of course the Beatles have a version of Money.

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/08 at 9:08 am

One song I never much cared for (though I will still listen to it) was 'Drugs in My Pocket' by The Monks.  Here in Canada, it was a massive hit in early 1980, but it was recorded in 1978 and released on their 1979 album 'Bad Habits'

'Drugs in My Pocket' was the second (and final) Hudson-Ford song to chart in Canada since The Strawbs with 'Part of the Union' in 1973

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/18/08 at 9:08 am

Hey ! What's that ugly looking Canuck doing in THIS thread !  >:(
http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_4297.png

Play 'Feelings' ; Disco Duck; 'Don't give up on us baby'

ANYTHING to keep THAT face out of here !!!  >:( :\'( 

:D ;D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/08 at 2:27 pm

Fine.

Who is to say why someone likes/dislikes something.

What that song reminds me of is a skit on the Carol Burnette Show where she was doing the character Eunice and she was going to go on the Gong Show-and sing that song. Yeah, you can guess what happened. She got gonged.

Cat

Written By: 66drivein on 02/18/08 at 3:02 pm

Fine.

I suppose the song was fine the first seven or eight hundred times I heard it but then it became something to ridicule rather than enjoy. (if you enjoy hearing someone who sounds to be on the verge of slashing their wrist)
I can remember some disck jockeys were getting sick of the song.

Obviously there were those who couldn't go thirty minutes without hearing it. Those going through the same experience no doubt, misery loves company.

For me it was simply so over played. You couldn't help but point out any flaw even if just percieved and it went down hill from there.
It may not be fair to the writer, performer or even to those who truly like/love the song but that's the reality of it.

Now if I could just get Achy Breaky Heart out of my head.   :\'(

Written By: Paul on 02/18/08 at 3:12 pm

Now if I could just get Achy Breaky Heart out of my head.   :\'(

'Fraid once you've heard it, you can't 'un-hear' it... :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/18/08 at 3:40 pm

No, no, no, no, I don't (sniff) no more. Tired of waking up on the floor. No thank you please it only makes me sneeze and then it makes it hard to find me door.

Gotta love Ringo even if he does come out with a bad song.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/18/08 at 5:58 pm

Now if I could just get Achy Breaky Heart out of my head.  :\'(

You made some good comments in your post '66' ....  :) .... the most salient being about 'achy' .... yes ...that truly IS awful !  8-P

If somebody defends that one .....  ::)

Actually ... one from the 70's nobody seems to have mentioned .... that I loved to hate .... was '(Little) Jimmy Osmond's 'Long Haired lover from Liverpool' !

Somehow, it managed to get to UK #1 for 5 weeks  ::) :\'( (the pain ! the pain!) .... back in 1972. Seems to this day at close to 10 years of age ( 9 years, 251 days) ... he remains the youngest ever UK chart topper (?)

The song was just so un-cool, delivered by a very ordinary hard to listen to voice (to my ears), overly dependent on the 'cute factor' ...oh ....listen to that nice little boy ....isn't that 'darling'  :-*  ???  8-P  ....yeah probably the worst song of that year IMHO

Oh .... how COULD I forget ..... American Pie ! Also on the charts first in 1972 (UK, at least) for 16 painful weeks ! I know its got interesting lyrics ..... BUT  :-\\  .... I don't think I minded the song perhaps the first 5 or 6 times .... it's just it seems to be one of those songs that go on FOREVER .... (heard the first verse ? sounds like the second and the 15 th and the .....  8-P).

Don can sing though .... and he redeemed himself for me .... with the UK follow up, the beautiful 'Vincent' (also 1972).

Written By: mandamoo on 02/18/08 at 11:27 pm

"I've Never Been to Me" - Charlene

Written By: gibbo on 02/19/08 at 12:47 am

Yes ....evenI, the 70's song tragic, agree with that one!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/19/08 at 12:59 am

Well, my fellow Aussies .... 'two out of three' ain't bad ?  :-\\  ..... yes, once again I admit to questionable tastes, as in not minding this one .... though it probably got played to death. Don't think it's in my 5000 or more mp3 collection, though ....  :-\\

Nice to see you again Amanda (mooster).  :)  Been up to anything interesting ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:01 am

Has this song been analysed yet?

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/19/08 at 1:03 am

Has this song been analysed yet?

Anal -ised ? Where's Jeff when you need him !  ???  :P  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 02/19/08 at 1:09 am

From one 70s song tragic to another - I'm glad to hear it !

Another one I thought of is Having My Baby by Paul Anka  ::)

Well, my fellow Aussies .... 'two out of three' ain't bad ?  :-\\  ..... yes, once again I admit to questionable tastes, as in not minding this one .... though it probably got played to death. Don't think it's in my 5000 or more mp3 collection, though ....  :-\\

Nice to see you again Amanda (mooster).  :)  Been up to anything interesting ?

Hello Alan  :)  No, nothing interesting - except being housebound now due to breaking my ankle yesterday  :-[

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/19/08 at 1:12 am

Hello Alan  :)  No, nothing interesting - except being housebound now due to breaking my ankle yesterday  :-[

As for 'Having my baby' ... I've given my quite in depth thoughts on THAT one earlier in this thread, Amanda.

Re your ankle .... read about that in my cheer me up thread ...... (commented there)...

So, since your housebound, will we see a bit more of you hear for a while ?  How long before you should be right ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:15 am

Ouch!

Get well soon.

Is there a connection between "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka and "I've Never Been to Me" by Charlene?

Written By: mandamoo on 02/19/08 at 1:16 am

As for 'Having my baby' ... I've given my quite in depth thoughts on THAT one earlier in this thread, Amanda.

I'll have to check that out  ;)

Re your ankle .... read about that in my cheer me up thread ...... (commented there)...

So, since your housebound, will we see a bit more of you hear for a while ?  How long before you should be right ?

Ah thanks  :)  Yes, I am bored already  ;D  I'm off work for at least a week at this stage...

Written By: mandamoo on 02/19/08 at 1:18 am

Ouch!

Get well soon.

Is there a connection between "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka and "I've Never Been to Me" by Charlene?

Hi Philip ! Many thanks  :)

Hmmm...a connection....I'll get back to you  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:19 am

Hi Philip ! Many thanks  :)
No problem.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:20 am

Hmmm...a connection....I'll get back to you  :D
To help you and all of us out, both songs mention about having babies.

Written By: mandamoo on 02/19/08 at 1:34 am

To help you and all of us out, both songs mention about having babies.

Yes, that's quite right ! :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:37 am

Yes, that's quite right ! :o
Can these songs be the blame for the modern tread in single parent mothers?

Written By: mandamoo on 02/19/08 at 1:38 am

Can these songs be the blame for the modern tread in single parent mothers?

You may have a point there...  ???

Written By: Paul on 02/19/08 at 6:53 am

Actually ... one from the 70's nobody seems to have mentioned .... that I loved to hate .... was '(Little) Jimmy Osmond's 'Long Haired lover from Liverpool' !

Somehow, it managed to get to UK #1 for 5 weeks  ::) :\'( (the pain ! the pain!) .... back in 1972.

And I'm sad to say you can partially blame me for that, as I was one of the hordes who bought the sodding thing (after saving up several months-worth of pocket money!)

C'mon...I was only five! I hadn't discovered 'taste' then!  :P

My elder sister (being a rabid David Cassidy freak back in the day) actually disowned me for a while when she found out it was in the house!  :D

Seems to this day at close to 10 years of age ( 9 years, 251 days) ... he remains the youngest ever UK chart topper (?)

Sure does! Technically, it should go to the vocalist on the St. Winifred's debacle of 1980, as she was younger, but she cannot be classified as the youngest act as she was part of a 'group'...

The song was just so un-cool, delivered by a very ordinary hard to listen to voice (to my ears), overly dependent on the 'cute factor' ...oh ....listen to that nice little boy ....isn't that 'darling'   :-*   ???  8-P  ....yeah probably the worst song of that year IMHO

Such is Jim's sense of humour that he'd probably agree with you!

Obviously, the song was written a few years before as a homage to The Beatles...when this was pointed out to Little Jim at the time, he responded...

'Who are The Beatles?'

Bless...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 6:57 am

And I'm sad to say you can partially blame me for that, as I was one of the hordes who bought the sodding thing (after saving up several months-worth of pocket money!)

C'mon...I was only five! I hadn't discovered 'taste' then!  :P

I think we cannot judge musical taste of five year old children. The children can only be influenced by what they hear and cannot be responsible, for later on in life better music will be heard.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/19/08 at 8:44 am

"All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.

Anything by Englebert Humperdinck.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 9:08 am

"All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.
I have always admired this song for Eric Carmen used a theme from Rachmaninov 2nd Piano Concerto for this song.

Yes, I lost some interest in this song when Celine Dion started to sing it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/08 at 12:39 pm

I am sure that I am going to be laughed out of town for this one but I actually like this song. I'm sure I'm probably the only one who does.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 12:43 pm

I am sure that I am going to be laughed out of town for this one but I actually like this song. I'm sure I'm probably the only one who does.  :-[

Cat
I found the song curious the first time I heard it.

Written By: Paul on 02/19/08 at 1:47 pm

Anything by Englebert Humperdinck.  :P

I'll grant you he's made one or two ropey efforts, but by and large his output is fantastic (especially his late 60s work)...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:48 pm

I'll grant you he's made one or two ropey efforts, but by and large his output is fantastic (especially his late 60s work)...
...and Englebert Humperdinck is still performing today

Written By: Paul on 02/19/08 at 1:54 pm

...and Englebert Humperdinck is still performing today

Yep...still dincking his Humper... :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/19/08 at 1:54 pm

Yep...still dincking his Humper... :D
...in Vegas?

Written By: Paul on 02/19/08 at 2:30 pm

...in Vegas?

No...I think he Humps his dinckle in Vegas!

We don't allow that sort of thing here!  :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/19/08 at 2:45 pm

I can't even listen to Richard Clayderman!  :P

Written By: SarDan on 02/19/08 at 7:00 pm

I can think of some real dreadful songs from the 70's

The Pipkins~~Gimme Dat Ding
Melba Montgomery~~No Charge
Carol Douglas~~ Doctor's Orders

I just found this site, I must say, I'm enjoying it all so far!

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/19/08 at 7:11 pm

Melba Montgomery~~No Charge
Carol Douglas~~ Doctor's Orders

I just found this site, I must say, I'm enjoying it all so far!

Another ^ victim ? Oops !  person with great taste !  8)  Welcome to the site !  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/08 at 12:44 am

I can't even listen to Richard Clayderman!  :P
Exactly, give him any tune and he will murder it!

Written By: Bobby on 02/20/08 at 11:08 am

Interesting one that because I like it but get annoyed by that hi-pitched singer at the same time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/08 at 11:13 am

The Pipkins were Roger Greenaway, best known as a member of several songwriting teams and Tony Burrows, singer who had fronted several groups (often simultaneously) such as Edison Lighthouse, White Plains, First Class,and Brotherhood of Man.

Written By: Paul on 02/20/08 at 1:45 pm

The Pipkins were Roger Greenaway, best known as a member of several songwriting teams and Tony Burrows, singer who had fronted several groups (often simultaneously) such as Edison Lighthouse, White Plains, First Class,and Brotherhood of Man.

There was that legendary episode of Top Of The Tops* which featured Edison, White Plains and Brotherhood Of Man who were all charting at the same time (early 1970) and poor Tony had to perform vocal duties on all three, trying to appear inconspicuously different every time!

(* Sadly, I don't know if it still exits...I'd love to see it!)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/08 at 1:53 pm

Exactly, give him any tune and he will murder it!

Yes, and I was subjected to him time and again at this one restaurant I used to work at years ago...

...drove me crazy!  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/08 at 2:26 pm

Bilbo, Bilbo Baggins. Bravest little hobbit of the all.  :D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFR-8NVjw-k

Cat

Written By: Paul on 02/20/08 at 2:35 pm

Bilbo, Bilbo Baggins. Bravest little hobbit of the all.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Illogical, captain...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/08 at 2:44 pm

Illogical, captain...

;D ;D ;D

Personally, I prefer "Spock"'s Bilbo to "Kirk"'s Lucy.  8-P

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/08 at 2:46 pm

Yes, and I was subjected to him time and again at this one restaurant I used to work at years ago...

...drove me crazy!  :P
During the late 70s I took my girlfriend now wife for a meal at a restaurant in one of the back roads of the West End in London. The food was atroucious and but what made it worse for over the sound system was played "Three Times A Lady" by The Commodores, then straight after "Three Times A Lady" by The Commodores was played again, and it must had been played about six times continously. We left as soon as we could.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/20/08 at 2:56 pm

During the late 70s I took my girlfriend now wife for a meal at a restaurant in one of the back roads of the West End in London. The food was atroucious and but what made it worse for over the sound system was played "Three Times A Lady" by The Commodores, then straight after "Three Times A Lady" by The Commodores was played again, and it must had been played about six times continously. We left as soon as we could.

Yes, that would get old real fast!  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/20/08 at 3:01 pm

I like that song but not THAT much.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/20/08 at 3:03 pm

I like that song but not THAT much.

Cat
Even now, I am not that fond of it.

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/21/08 at 1:48 am

A few of mine that I don't like, but they managed to do well on the charts. I find most of these boring:

- Song Of Joy - Miguel Rios
- All Kinds Of Everything - Dana - she just rattles off all these objects that she loves, then says "All kinds of everything remind me of you. Ugh. Reached no. 1 in the UK, not sure how it did in Australia
- Disco Lady - Johnnie Taylor
- Ball Of Confusion - Temptations
- Magnet And Steel - can't remember the singer
- Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney and Wings
- Paul Anka's songs after You're Having My Baby: One Man Woman (One Woman Man), I Don't Like To Sleep Alone, etc.
- Heaven On The 7th Floor - ?
- Let Her In - John Travolta - lame
- Average White Band's songs - Pick Up The Pieces, Cut The Cake
- He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) - Tony Orlando and Dawn
- Love On A Two-Way Street - Moments

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/21/08 at 2:17 am

A few of mine that I don't like, but they managed to do well on the charts. I find most of these boring:

- All Kinds Of Everything - Dana - she just rattles off all these objects that she loves, then says "All kinds of everything remind me of you. Ugh. Reached no. 1 in the UK, not sure how it did in Australia
- Paul Anka's songs after You're Having My Baby: One Man Woman (One Woman Man), I Don't Like To Sleep Alone, etc.

^

A song I like very much. One of the best in mostly rubbish songs that have won the Eurovision song contest. She beat Mary Hopkin that year, who represented the UK with 'Knock knock, who's there' (a song I also like).

Ball of Confusion ? Don't know how anyone could knock that ?  :-\\

Yes, there we have 3 songs, from my fave ever year ..... 1970 !  8)

Written By: ninny on 02/21/08 at 6:40 am

This song has two different meanings to me,on the one hand I like the song because I think of my mother,but then when I was pregnant with my son my husband use to sing "your once, twice, three times the size when I married you" so that lost all meaning to the song.

Magnet & Steel is by Walter Egan and I kinda like that song
Heaven on The 7th floor was Paul Nicholas,that song i did not like.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/08 at 7:41 am

This song has two different meanings to me,on the one hand I like the song because I think of my mother,but then when I was pregnant with my son my husband use to sing "your once, twice, three times the size when I married you" so that lost all meaning to the song.
  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/08 at 7:43 am

It was this song and the influence from A Clockwork Orange that introduced me to Beethoven's music, which has stuck for my whole life.

Written By: 66drivein on 02/21/08 at 12:46 pm

Thought of some more.

Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace
Torn Between Two Lovers by Mary McGregor
Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks 8-P

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 2:17 pm

Magnet & Steel is by Walter Egan and I kinda like that song

Yep, Magnet and Steel is a good song, very bouncy in it's own subtle way.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 2:32 pm

Thought of some more.

Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace
Torn Between Two Lovers by Mary McGregor
Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks 8-P

I actually liked Seasons in the Sun when it first came out-until my sister bought the 45 and played it over and over and over and over and over again. After she was done playing so many times, she would put it back on and play it again and again and again. Now, I can't stand to hear it.

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/21/08 at 2:38 pm

I actually liked Seasons in the Sun when it first came out-until my sister bought the 45 and played it over and over and over and over and over again. After she was done playing so many times, she would put it back on and play it again and again and again. Now, I can't stand to hear it.

Cat

You were the black sheep

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_59.png
black cat ^ of the family ?  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 3:08 pm

You were the black sheep

black cat ^ of the family ?  :P

Of course-still am.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 02/21/08 at 3:43 pm

I am probably going to hear a lot of grief for this but a real bad song of the 70's is:

Desperado....Eagles

To me this song is in the *John Mellencamp category.

* - The John Mellencamp category is so named because I would rather have my fingernails ripped out by
    a pair of rusty pliers than have to listen to these songs.

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/21/08 at 4:07 pm

I am probably going to hear a lot of grief for this but a real bad song of the 70's is:

Desperado....Eagles

* - The John Mellencamp category is so named because I would rather have my fingernails ripped out by

Desperado ... doesn't do it for you ?  ???

Loki here, Loki ... ..... 'why don't you come to your senses' ?  :P

Well, I don't 'mind' it ... but no, amongst their offerings, I don't find it indispensable either ....

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/22/08 at 12:16 am

Dancing Machine - Jackson 5

Written By: 66drivein on 02/22/08 at 1:18 am

Desperado....Eagles

Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief   

I can't believe my ears eyes. One of the classic songs of the 1970s reduced to being associated with John Mellencamp! :o :o

Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief
Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 2:06 am

Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief Grief   

I can't believe my ears eyes. One of the classic songs of the 1970s reduced to being associated with John Mellencamp! :o :o

Desperado one of the songs of the 70's with a deep meaning to the lyrics.

Written By: ninny on 02/22/08 at 12:03 pm

Desperado....Eagles

Desperado I feel is a great song,and I also like most of John Mellencamps songs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 12:05 pm

Desperado I feel is a great song,and I also like most of John Mellencamps songs.
Is the John Mellencamp version on youTube?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 2:33 pm

Come on, don't give someone a hard time just because he doesn't like Desperado just like not giving someone a hard time because they like the song Feelings. It is all subjective.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/22/08 at 3:18 pm

Desperado....Eagles

WHAT?!?!?!?!  :o :o :o

Ah, dude!  That's one of my Top 5 all-time favorite songs!

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 3:19 pm

Desperado....Eagles

Well, you know me...I don't care much for the Eagles anyway, so no grief coming from me.

Written By: Paul on 02/22/08 at 3:20 pm

Come on, don't give someone a hard time just because he doesn't like Desperado just like not giving someone a hard time because they like the song Feelings. It is all subjective.

Morris Albert singing 'Desperado'...that'd test your allegiances!  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 3:39 pm

Morris Albert singing 'Desperado'...that'd test your allegiances!  ;)
Please bear in mind that "Feelings" was also recorded and performed by many other artists, such as Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Sarah Vaughan, Johnny Mathis, Ray Conniff and The Offspring.

Love to hear the verison by The Offspring.

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 3:54 pm

Please bear in mind that "Feelings" was also recorded and performed by many other artists, such as Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Sarah Vaughan, Johnny Mathis, Ray Conniff and The Offspring.

Love to hear the verison by The Offspring.

Here you go...  ::)

Makes you appreciate the Morris Albert version...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 3:55 pm

Thanks

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 3:56 pm

Ear-plugs at the ready...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 3:58 pm

In a way...

The style reminds me when I was in (very amateurish) band at an old work of mine and we did a punk version of the Postman Pat song.

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 4:07 pm

In a way...

The style reminds me when I was in (very amateurish) band at an old work of mine and we did a punk version of the Postman Pat song.

;D ;D No YouTube clip of that, I assume?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 4:10 pm

;D ;D No YouTube clip of that, I assume?
I am sorry, camera technology was not well advance back then.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 4:22 pm

Do I have to? I'm sorry, I'm just not THAT MUCH of a glutton for punishment. I have heard many people sing that song and all of them really suck because...well...the song REALLY SUCKS (Sorry Alan-I just can't handle that song).

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 4:28 pm

Do I have to? I'm sorry, I'm just not THAT MUCH of a glutton for punishment. I have heard many people sing that song and all of them really suck because...well...the song REALLY SUCKS (Sorry Alan-I just can't handle that song).

Cat

Of course you don't have to... but I know you want to.  ::) :D :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 4:35 pm

Of course you don't have to... but I know you want to.  ::) :D :P

I have a wicked headache as it is-I don't think I would be able to survive listening to that.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 4:43 pm

I have a wicked headache as it is-I don't think I would be able to survive listening to that.

Cat

In that case...better not. ;)

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/22/08 at 4:57 pm

Did anyone mention "Billy don't be a Hero" by Bo Donaldson?

Written By: loki 13 on 02/22/08 at 5:02 pm

Okay, I want to set the record straight. To me, the Eagles are nothing more than a glorified Country band.
The song, Desperado, may be a 70's classic but that doesn't make it a good song. All it means is a lot of
radio stations play it. Of course this is strictly my opinion but the song drones on, it's too slow, the melody
is boring and the vocals are raspy. Whenever I hear this song I want to take the radio and heave it against
a wall, and with the radio station we listen to at work, this is an everyday occurrence.

Karma +1, Thanks for the understanding Cat.  :)

Written By: Henk on 02/22/08 at 5:11 pm

Okay, I want to set the record straight. To me, the Eagles are nothing more than a glorified Country band.
The song, Desperado, may be a 70's classic but that doesn't make it a good song. All it means is a lot of
radio stations play it. Of course this is strictly my opinion but the song drones on, it's too slow, the melody
is boring and the vocals are raspy. Whenever I hear this song I want to take the radio and heave it against
a wall, and with the radio station we listen to at work, this is an everyday occurrence.

I'm all with you when it comes to the Eagles.

Karma for refraining from busting a radio (or two). ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 02/22/08 at 5:20 pm

I'm all with you when it comes to the Eagles.

Karma for refraining from busting a radio (or two). ;)

Henk, my apologies, I meant to include this quote as well, I can be so absent minded. ;D

Well, you know me...I don't care much for the Eagles anyway, so no grief coming from me.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/08 at 5:43 pm

Karma +1, Thanks for the understanding Cat.  :)

I know how it is like to hate a popular song-Smoke on the Water anyone? That song just makes me cringe. The reason (and I have told this story a few times), we used to live next door to this kid who had a garage band-and that was the ONLY song they knew. So 24/7 (or so it seemed) that was all we heard-and they were pretty bad, too. And there was no turning the station, lowering the volume or even turning it off.  8-P  So, to this day, I can't hear that song without cringing.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/08 at 5:44 pm

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Written By: Bobby on 02/23/08 at 2:16 pm

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

For the 33 seconds I was listening to it, it was alright I suppose . . . If a little dreary.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/08 at 2:29 pm

...little dreary.
Need I say more?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/08 at 5:02 pm

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

I DID NOT click.

Cat

Written By: midnite1 on 02/23/08 at 11:27 pm

1. Jigsaw - Sky High   

Was the drummer really the singer?  He is no Don Henley or Phil Collins..........And where is the string section of the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO549tEGgRI

2. Cerrone - Love In C Minor

The funny video almost makes up for the badness of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK_9VXiyC3Y&feature=related

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/08 at 3:26 am

I DID NOT click.

Cat
Are you sure?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/08 at 1:36 pm

Are you sure?

Yup!  You can't make me, you can't make me.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/08 at 1:59 pm

Yup!  You can't make me, you can't make me.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat
I take your word for it.

Written By: Cherie70 on 02/24/08 at 4:57 pm

I actually loved those songs except for John Travolta. 

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/24/08 at 11:03 pm

Why Can't We Be Friends? - War  8-P

Written By: cinnabon on 02/25/08 at 7:13 pm

Do You Want to Make Love? - Peter McCann (I've totally HATED this song since I was a little kid - they played it last week on the 70s section of my digital music channels and I changed it next door to the 80s channel immediately)  8-P

Written By: 66drivein on 02/27/08 at 5:45 pm

Have you even tried...? :P :D

I had a huge crush on ONJ when I was a in my early teens and listened to this song constantly. Now when it comes on I find something else to listen to....fast.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 8:20 am

1. Jigsaw - Sky High   

Was the drummer really the singer?  He is no Don Henley or Phil Collins..........And where is the string section of the band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO549tEGgRI

Interestingly enough, I don't mind this song. Don't know why though. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/08 at 8:54 am

1. Jigsaw - Sky High   

Interestingly enough, I don't mind this song. Don't know why though. :)
You can not alone, I like it too, it reminds me of my post-school leaving days.

Written By: gibbo on 02/29/08 at 5:30 pm

Yes, this is my problem with most of the 70's. Even if the song is really bad it reminds me of some of the happiest days in my life and, therefore, becomes a pleasant memory :o

Written By: Green Lantern on 02/29/08 at 8:47 pm

Cat

How can I be pals with Cat .... when she can't stand that !  :-\\

Feelings .... nothing more than feelings  :\'( .....

Trying to forget my  :\'( .....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/love4.gif

..... feelings of LUST !  :P  ;D

Written By: ninny on 02/29/08 at 9:29 pm

I also like that song,there's just something about it

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/02/08 at 11:49 am

I also like that song,there's just something about it

Same here!  I've always liked 'Sky High'!  :)

Written By: Paul on 03/02/08 at 12:02 pm

1. Jigsaw - Sky High   

He was...Des Dyer was his name and the band had been around for near-enough a decade before they had this hit...

Certainly 'loses' something when you're trying to mime a record awash with strings, but that orchestration was the main appeal of the song...I still think it's a corker!

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/02/08 at 5:03 pm

Sky High is cool with me too !  8)  (Featured in a movie 'The man from Hong Kong' .. I believe ?)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/08 at 3:55 am

Is Popcorn by Hot Butter that bad?

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/03/08 at 6:46 am

Not bad for me at all. In fact, I have that ....as well as several other segments of favourite songs ... as ringtones that I have extracted from the ORIGINAL mp3's .... onto my mobile phone.

These include:

Popcorn
Telephone line
Africa (Toto)
Gallipoli (Jean Michelle Jarre)
Everybody wants to rule the world
Sound & vision (David Bowie)
Ballet of the Chicks in their shells (Tomita .......... yeah THAT one is REALLY weird ..... like ME !  :P  :D  ;D ).

Written By: ninny on 03/03/08 at 8:16 am

I think the songs pretty cool :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 10:54 am

Back in the 70's, the landlord of the pub I would go to hated the record and to wind him up, before we would leave, we would three songs on the juke box of which Popcorn would be the last to be played. Yes, you guess it, the record would come on shortly after we had gone.

Written By: karen on 03/04/08 at 10:56 am

That song (Popcorn) reminds me of Music and Movement classes at Primary School.  That and Albatross

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 2:15 pm

Pull your finger briskly inside your mouth along cheek area ... to simulate your own 'popping' noises !  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/04/08 at 2:19 pm

Back in the 70's, the landlord of the pub I would go to hated the record and to wind him up, before we would leave, we would three songs on the juke box of which Popcorn would be the last to be played. Yes, you guess it, the record would come on shortly after we had gone.

I think the title for that song is very clever, as it sound like popcorn popping!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 2:24 pm

Pull your finger briskly inside your mouth along cheek area ... to simulate your own 'popping' noises !   ;D
...but can it be done to the tune?

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 2:25 pm

I think the title for that song is very clever, as it sound like popcorn popping!  :D

I can relate to 'Popcorn'.  Should I tell you the joke about the foot ?  :-\\  Nah ! Better not. It's corny !  :P  :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 2:27 pm

You might not have much of a cheek left, but it's worth a try ? Let me know how you progress !

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 2:31 pm

I can relate to 'Popcorn'.  Should I tell you the joke about the foot ?   :-\\  Nah ! Better not. It's corny !   :P  :D
As sung by Lance Percival?

Written By: karen on 03/04/08 at 2:42 pm

If you alternate fingers/side of mouth

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 2:45 pm

If you alternate fingers/side of mouth

I'd love to see you give it a go ! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 2:49 pm

I'd love to see you give it a go ! :D
Is it on YouTube?

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 2:53 pm

Is it on YouTube?

Yes .... www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4ckFN96-k

BUT ..... you have to check out THIS one ! :

YouTube - manualist plays hot butter- popcorn on his hands!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdWDJCKEh8k  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 2:55 pm

Yes .... www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4ckFN96-k

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdWDJCKEh8k   :D
Any rapid stretching of ligaments.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 2:57 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdWDJCKEh8k   :D
He played a bum note then!

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/04/08 at 3:01 pm

Any rapid stretching of ligaments.

He played a bum note then!

Can't see any. I'm sure if he can play that just using his 2 hands ... he could produce some awesome rude noises  (sorry Windbreaker05 !    :P  ;D ) .  Yes 'bum' notes ... quite appropriate !  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/08 at 3:03 pm

Can't see any. I'm sure if he can play that just using his 2 hands ... he could produce some awesome rude noises   (sorry Windbreaker05 !    :P  ;D ) .  Yes 'bum' notes ... quite appropriate !  ;D
Other wind noises as accompliment?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/08 at 5:21 pm

I always thought that tune was related to the tune called, Percolator.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 03/04/08 at 6:50 pm

Very clever - especially when the percussion gets under way to simulate the popcorn popping and hitting the lid.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/05/08 at 10:43 pm

I always thought that tune was related to the tune called, Percolator.

It is indeed.  Hot Butter did both "Popcorn" and "Percolator"; they were one of the earliest synthesizer acts to achieve mass appeal.

(I didn't know Percolator was a cover of a track by Billy Joe and the Checkmates...  nor that Hot Butter also covered the "Mah-na-mah-na" song I remember from The Muppet Show...)

Written By: cinnabon on 03/07/08 at 6:57 am

I just heard another bad one on my 70s digital music cable station: Brandy You're a Fine Girl by Looking Glass 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/08 at 11:56 am

I just heard another bad one on my 70s digital music cable station: Brandy You're a Fine Girl by Looking Glass 8-P
Is that the same song as Brandy by The O'Jays?

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/07/08 at 1:48 pm

Is that the same song as Brandy by The O'Jays?

I don't think it is...but I could be wrong!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/08 at 3:38 pm

I had a cat named Brandy and I used to sing that song to her all the time.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/08 at 3:42 pm

I had a cat named Brandy and I used to sing that song to her all the time.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
You reminded me, thanks.

The song that Barry Manilow made famous Mandy, originally was composed as Brandy and it was about a pet dog.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/08 at 3:51 pm

You reminded me, thanks.

The song that Barry Manilow made famous Mandy, originally was composed as Brandy and it was about a pet dog.

I do like the song Mandy-it was "I Write the Songs" that I think is  8-P

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/07/08 at 3:53 pm

How many times has Barry Manilow been mentioned in this thread?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/08 at 4:01 pm

How many times has Barry Manilow been mentioned in this thread?

Who knows and I don't feel like going back to count.

Cat

Written By: cinnabon on 03/08/08 at 6:19 am

Remember that hilarious Barry Manilow reference in the Breakfast Club?

Judd Nelson as Bender: "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
Paul Gleason as Vernon: "You'll get the answer to that question, Bender, next Saturday; don't mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns."

;D

Written By: midnite on 03/12/08 at 11:58 pm

I am not a fan of the white-boy funk songs such as

Pablo Cruise - Whatch Gonna Do
Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces.

Written By: midnite on 03/16/08 at 10:53 pm

Remember that hilarious Barry Manilow reference in the Breakfast Club?

Judd Nelson as Bender: "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
Paul Gleason as Vernon: "You'll get the answer to that question, Bender, next Saturday; don't mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns."

;D

I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friend.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/08 at 7:12 pm

I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friend.

I'm gonna knock your d*ck in the dirt!
(One of my favorite lines.)

Rupert Holmes: Escape (The Pina Colada Song)

It's very late '70s but epitomizes ditziness.

Written By: midnite on 03/17/08 at 8:04 pm

I love the Rupert Holmes Escape Song.  LOL.

Sorry to get R rated on this but a bad 70's song in my book is...

Musique - (Push Push) In The Bush

Written By: Tia on 03/17/08 at 8:24 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_MAXgeU3DM

did you ever wanna pluck out your eyeballs and burn em?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/08 at 5:18 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x_MAXgeU3DM

did you ever wanna pluck out your eyeballs and burn em?
Yes

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/18/08 at 3:02 pm

I love the Rupert Holmes Escape Song.  LOL.

Sorry to get R rated on this but a bad 70's song in my book is...

Musique - (Push Push) In The Bush

Agreed on both accounts!

Written By: Green Lantern on 03/18/08 at 5:25 pm

Pina Colada was fine by me too, and the other one I know him for 'Him', though I think that was early 80's (1980 ?).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/18/08 at 5:51 pm

I love that song.  lol  Although there really isn't too many bad songs from that era in my mind.  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/20/08 at 3:18 pm

Pina Colada was fine by me too, and the other one I know him for 'Him', though I think that was early 80's (1980 ?).

If I'm not mistaken, 'Him' was from the same album as 'Escape (The Pina Colada Song)'...and yes, I remember it being a hit in early 1980...

Good songs, both!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/08 at 5:38 am

If I'm not mistaken, 'Him' was from the same album as 'Escape (The Pina Colada Song)'...and yes, I remember it being a hit in early 1980...

Good songs, both!  :)
Which song by Rupert Holmes has him being patriotic at a baseball?

Check for new replies or respond here...