inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Magic Rub Ons?

Written By: Inkaddict on 02/23/08 at 1:56 pm

Has anybody ever heard of these?  I can't remember if that's the correct name...

There was a cartoonish image of a guy with a black top hat and had something called Magic....but I can't remember the rest...

You would get a clearish paper with images on it and then you could rub the images off onto a picture...usually you could use a nailfile, coin or something like that...

I used to get these in the 1970's when I was a kid...

Does anybody remember the proper name or have an image of this item?

Thanx for any help...

Subject: Re: Magic Rub Ons?

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 6:40 pm

Presto Magix
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/dmooretoys/Collectibles/1982/f059.jpg

Colorforms were removable/reusable but otherwise same concept
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/fantasyqueen/Toys%20Unisex/colorformsstickonsset.jpg

Written By: KKay on 02/24/08 at 9:43 am

I loved it. we did it all the time and i always called them rub-ons

Written By: Inkaddict on 02/24/08 at 10:10 am

snozberries, that's it!!  Thank you so much for that....

I guess I had a little of it right, not too bad heh...

Wow, I haven't seen one of those for years...I can't remember which ones I had...but I know I enjoyed them...

Do you know if they still make them or can buy them from somewhere?  I'd love to find at least one for my 4 year old son...I know he'd love it too...

Thank you for finding this for me, enjoyed seeing that again :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/24/08 at 12:36 pm

Maybe you could try Ebay?  OMG..I loved these things! :D

Written By: karen on 02/25/08 at 8:37 am

Do you know if they still make them or can buy them from somewhere?  I'd love to find at least one for my 4 year old son...I know he'd love it too...

The nearest I've found is either sticker books or the reusable ones like the Colorform thing snozberries mentioned.  I've seen them both in book shops like Borders/Barnes and Noble etc.

Written By: Inkaddict on 02/25/08 at 9:11 am

I checked Ebay and saw some on there...not a great selection, but still there are some...mainly Star Wars, Batman and Superman...and 1 Strawberry Shortcake...don't think my boy would like that one  ;D

But at least knowing the name of these again, I can do better searching for finding some...

Thanx again for the help in this...and for all suggestions on finding some... :)

Written By: whistledog on 02/25/08 at 9:47 am

I'd forgotten all about Presto Magix.  Those were awesome 8)

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/08 at 2:38 pm

snozberries, that's it!!  Thank you so much for that....

I guess I had a little of it right, not too bad heh...

Wow, I haven't seen one of those for years...I can't remember which ones I had...but I know I enjoyed them...

you're welcome.... I photo bucketed them and came up with lots of images of Smurfs and Star Wars.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...