inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American Top 40 With Casey Kasem

Written By: gemini on 03/22/08 at 11:18 am

I remember listening to it in the 70s once in awhile. I found this entry on Wiki with stations that currently rebroadcast the orginal shows from the 70s. I listened to it last weekend and it was pretty neat.  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_that_air_Casey_Kasem's_American_Top_40:_The_70's

Subject: Re: American Top 40 With Casey Kasem

Written By: cinnabon on 03/22/08 at 6:07 pm

I know you can listen to it on XM Radio - the 70s countdowns are on the 70s channel on Saturdays and the 80s countdowns on the 80s channel on Sundays - sure brings back a lot of memories.  :)

Written By: Davester on 03/22/08 at 10:43 pm

No kidding?  Someone still plays the old Top 40 broadcasts?  I used to listen to that every weekend.  I've heard good things about the satellite radio stuff but this clinches it...

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/22/08 at 11:18 pm

Our local oldies station plays it every Sunday morning.  I listen to it every Sunday when I'm going to church and I really like it because I usually learn some new songs I've never heard because they're not the "big hits" you always hear. 

http://www.komaradio.com/

Written By: gemini on 03/23/08 at 6:48 pm

No kidding?  Someone still plays the old Top 40 broadcasts?  I used to listen to that every weekend.  I've heard good things about the satellite radio stuff but this clinches it...

I signed up for a 3 day free trial today and have been hearing some stuff I hadn't heard in years.  It came with my car when I bought it but I never signed up, but I'm thinking about it now.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/23/08 at 10:15 pm

Today listening to top 40 I heard Dr. Hook's version of "Only Sixteen."  I know I've heard it before but they rarely play it on the local station which IMO overdoses on Fleetwood Mac and KC and the Sunshine band.  Now the song is stuck in my head I want to listen to it but the only one I can find on the internet is the Sam Cooke version.

Check for new replies or respond here...