inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shaun Cassidy

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/26/08 at 10:00 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GHycZKriAM

Now I feel old.

Anyone else have his albums?

I still have a poster I coveted from my oldest sister. ;D

Subject: Re: Shaun Cassidy

Written By: robby76 on 03/26/08 at 10:29 am

I like Shaun purely for the Hardy Boys - he came across as annoying at first, but I was happy to see he didn't take himself too seriously.

I was prepared to like his music, but it's pretty throw-away pop.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/08 at 12:37 pm

He was cute..he had such a baby face!

Written By: gibbo on 03/26/08 at 4:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GHycZKriAM

Now I feel old.

Anyone else have his albums?

I still have a poster I coveted from my oldest sister. ;D

You feel old?  I had his brothers records........even tried to wear my hair the same way and make it bounce as I walked (a la Partridge Family).

But Shaun just didn't seem so cool......you can't sing a song called Hey Deanie and be cool !!! :o

Written By: Davester on 03/26/08 at 4:28 pm

Yeah, my sisters.  Shaun, Leif Garrett and Tommy Shaw, too...

I remember sitting in my sister's room listening to her talk on the CB, surrounded by Shaun Cassidy and Tommy Shaw posters...

Egads..!

Written By: Brigitte on 03/26/08 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for the video, he sure had a cute butt in those satin pants! I used to buy Tiger beat magazine for any pictures of him! David Cassidy was cute too but Shawn was closer to my age.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/08 at 8:34 pm

My mom had his LP 'Born Late' and I used to listen to it when I was a kid.  'Da Doo Ron Ron' is a classic 8)

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/27/08 at 2:58 am

Let's not forget that he also cranked out a pretty decent version of Eric Carmen's song That's Rock and Roll too.

Written By: KKay on 03/27/08 at 7:20 am

I liked him, but not as much as Andy Gibb.
http://www.poster.net/gibb-andy/gibb-andy-photo-xl-andy-gibb-6230796.jpg

Written By: robby76 on 03/27/08 at 10:10 am

Amen sister!  ;D

But not to digress, did anyone own a Shaun Cassidy doll in the 70s?

http://www.timemachinetoys.com/celebrity/hardyboys.JPG

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/27/08 at 11:24 am

You feel old?  I had his brothers records........even tried to wear my hair the same way and make it bounce as I walked (a la Partridge Family).

But Shaun just didn't seem so cool......you can't sing a song called Hey Deanie and be cool !!! :o

Doing the old "David Cassidy imitation. 8)

His record "Born Late" was pretty cool.  Hey Deanie is the purist form of Bubble Gum possible.

Written By: KKay on 03/27/08 at 3:28 pm

he is a cutie.  i just swoon over this stuff!  I never had the doll and now i wish i had.  i don't think i had any kind of toy in the likeness of my idols.

i did have Sting in Dune...push the button on his back and he stabbbed a knife at you. but that's not  70s.

nope.l no action figures

Written By: Paul on 03/27/08 at 3:33 pm

Never really hit big in Britain...I think most teen girls were getting his brother out of their systems first (oo-er!)

After that, the delights of David Soul kept 'em quiet for a few months!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/27/08 at 3:39 pm

I was never really into Shaun Cassidy, but I sure adored the actor who played his brother Frank in the Hardy Boy Mysteries...Parker Stevenson!  :D

Written By: Bobby on 03/27/08 at 4:18 pm

Never really hit big in Britain...I think most teen girls were getting his brother out of their systems first (oo-er!)

Ha ha.  ;D

k.

After that, the delights of David Soul kept 'em quiet for a few months!

David Soul did 'Silver Lady'? It's alright I s'pose.

I actually like 'Hey Deannie'. Harmless pop stuff.  :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/27/08 at 4:29 pm

http://www.poster.net/gibb-andy/gibb-andy-photo-xl-andy-gibb-6230796.jpg

Hey...I was watching/listening to a video on youtube of Andy Gibb when I read this........ :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/27/08 at 5:03 pm

I actually like 'Hey Deannie'. Harmless pop stuff.  :)

It was 'okay' at the time, I suppose...

Written By: coqueta83 on 03/28/08 at 8:05 pm

Shaun was a cutie back in the 70's....I would've been in love with him for sure if I was a teen back then.  :)

Written By: cinnabon on 03/30/08 at 3:27 pm

He and David were my very first crushes when I was a kid - I understand he works behind the scenes these days as a TV producer, including a show called "The Agency" a few years ago.  :)

Written By: Mechelsbly on 03/31/08 at 3:28 pm

I have a Shaun Cassidy album.  "Window Wraps" I think is the title.  I received it for one of my birthdays - the first album I ever owned.  I also received a pink tank top with his picture on it and a pair of blue bell bottom pants with his face on the leg!

Written By: Chris on 03/31/08 at 10:27 pm

Oh My God!  SOmeone's mother had his album "born late?  I really feel old.  I , too, had, his album, "born late",on an  8 -track tape nonetheless!  It was a really really bad album, that not even te teeny boppers, such as myself, could actually listen to it.  It was at the turn of his popularity, when he started to slop into oblivion.  I loved him in the Hardy Boys.
Also, whoever wrtoe about Andy Gibb, I love ANdy Gibb.  I didnt really like him then, but now I see what a hunk he was.  It's so sad that he died so young.

Check for new replies or respond here...