inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Super Slider Snow Skates

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/28/08 at 7:52 pm

http://www.krock1057.ca/images/mornings/MorningKrew/superskates1_410.jpg

Does anybody else remember these bone breakers? It seemed I got a pair every Christmas during the 70s, and remember falling down an awful lot.

Subject: Re: Super Slider Snow Skates

Written By: Ellla on 04/05/08 at 2:36 pm

I remember those my brother, wanted a pair and Mom threw a fit and said we had enough ways to kill yourself on the farm we didn't need those sliders. So we went sleigh riding on the hood of an old '55 Chevy instead. All five of us kids at the same time. WOW! what a memory. :D

Written By: colleen stephens on 12/17/08 at 9:40 pm

Does anybody else remember these bone breakers? It seemed I got a pair every Christmas during the 70s, and remember falling down an awful lot.

I was telling my teenage daughter about one of the coolest things I can remember and it was my SUPER SLIDER SNOW SKATES.  They were the coolest gift ever.  Yes I remember falling a great deal, but I remember much fun.  I am sure they were inexpensive.  It is funny how we could get hours out of a gift our parents paid a few dollars for like a crazy carpet.  We didn't need much to have fun....those were the days.

Written By: P on 12/24/08 at 10:41 pm

I was telling my teenage daughter about one of the coolest things I can remember and it was my SUPER SLIDER SNOW SKATES.  They were the coolest gift ever.  Yes I remember falling a great deal, but I remember much fun.  I am sure they were inexpensive.  It is funny how we could get hours out of a gift our parents paid a few dollars for like a crazy carpet.  We didn't need much to have fun....those were the days.

Best way to use these things was holding on to about 25 feet of rope tied behind a s ;Dnowmobile with 40 horse under the hood- what a blast till the driver hauled you into the deep snow !! Wipeouts were not graceful. but not fatal either !! 

Written By: Joeen on 01/04/09 at 9:18 am

I still have my super slider snow skates - I was out on them today with my dogs .. I think they're the best thing - so much fun!!

Written By: Erika on 12/29/09 at 11:39 pm

Hello my dad was talkign about those the other day i was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of any??
if you could that would be great !!

Check for new replies or respond here...