inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is this purple stuff?

Written By: yobe29 on 04/20/08 at 6:27 pm

Hey ppl. I'm my friends and I are trying to think of the name for that purple stuff from the 80's that my mom used to put on all our cuts. It came in a brown plastic bottle and had a plastic stick made onto the lid. If anyone could help w/ this question... let me know. lol!

Subject: Re: What is this purple stuff?

Written By: Red Ant on 04/20/08 at 7:36 pm

Hey ppl. I'm my friends and I are trying to think of the name for that purple stuff from the 80's that my mom used to put on all our cuts. It came in a brown plastic bottle and had a plastic stick made onto the lid. If anyone could help w/ this question... let me know. lol!

It's tincture of iodine.

Ant

Written By: jay on 04/21/08 at 3:18 pm

You have to be thinking of Mercurochrome.  Iodine stung like hell, so if your purple stuff didn't sting it was probably Mercurochrome.

Written By: sue on 04/21/08 at 11:25 pm

It's called  mercurochrome

noun
a mercurial compound applied topically as an antiseptic; Mercurochrome is the trademark [syn: merbromine

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/22/08 at 2:15 am

Nothing to with Prince then?

Written By: loki 13 on 04/22/08 at 5:00 pm

I have to agree wit Red Ant. Mercurochrome has a red or orange tint to it not purple whereas
iodine is a dark purple in color.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/25/08 at 4:23 am

I have to agree wit Red Ant. Mercrochrome has a red or orange tint

That's true. I had to use some recently on my injured knee - the other one to my broken ankle  ::) :-[ :P

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 5:00 am

That's true. I had to use some recently on my injured knee - the other one to my broken ankle  ::) :-[ :P

I hope you're recovered by now, Amanda .... and had a great Anzac day !    :)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/25/08 at 5:49 am

I hope you're recovered by now, Amanda .... and had a great Anzac day !    :)

Almost, thanks Al  :)  and I had a nice relaxing one today...after a pretty hectic week !

Written By: Green Lantern on 04/25/08 at 5:54 am

Almost, thanks Al  :)  and I had a nice relaxing one today...after a pretty hectic week !

Great !

So you'll soon be ready for the disco ? Something like ....

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_4.gif

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2267/cheekybabyli7.gif
"Shake shake shake ... shake shake shake ... shake yer 'bootay'  :o "

:P

;D

Written By: mandamoo on 04/25/08 at 6:14 am

Great !

So you'll soon be ready for the disco ? Something like ....

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_4.gif

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2267/cheekybabyli7.gif
"Shake shake shake ... shake shake shake ... shake yer 'bootay'  :o "

:P

;D

Yeah - something like that ! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...