inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wonder Woman or The Bionic Woman?

Written By: Entouch on 04/29/08 at 9:21 pm

Loved both shows as a kid but the Bionic seemed more credible to me, as if it could actually happen. Wonder woman was campy though I preferred when they modernize the character for the 70s. If there was a fight between them I would put my money on Jamie Summers. ;D

Subject: Re: Wonder Woman or The Bionic Woman?

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 11:07 pm

wow...good question... I loved both shows but if they were on at the same time and I didn't have TIVO I would watch Bionic Woman over Wonder Woman.....

WW was campier... and invited more laughter (intentionally or unintentionally)  BW took itself more seriously.

Written By: Tia on 04/30/08 at 3:34 pm

bionic woman had much better writing and acting. 8)

Written By: cooper street relic on 04/30/08 at 5:40 pm

I'd do them both!!! :D

Written By: midnite on 04/30/08 at 10:14 pm

I loved the re-runs of Bionic Woman that I would watch.  I used to have nightmares about those robot women without faces?  Does anyone remember them?

Wonder woman was sexier though.  She can tie me up in that rope any time.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/08 at 10:29 pm

I loved the re-runs of Bionic Woman that I would watch.  I used to have nightmares about those robot women without faces?  Does anyone remember them?

Wonder woman was sexier though.  She can tie me up in that rope any time.

The Fembots rocked.... remember the two parter where there was a fembot version of Oscar's Secretary?  That was so great....

Of course the crappy 07 Bionic Woman is coming to DVD but no news (to my knowledge) of the good BW being released anytime soon

Written By: midnite on 04/30/08 at 10:32 pm

The fembots without faces scared the heck out of me as a kid.  Also, on the Bionic Man, there was a giant machine that was beating him up.  That scared me too.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/08 at 10:34 pm

The fembots without faces scared the heck out of me as a kid.  Also, on the Bionic Man, there was a giant machine that was beating him up.  That scared me too.

I didn't like that one... I only watched the cross over episodes

Written By: Michael C. on 02/08/09 at 10:11 pm

Lindsay Wagner as The Bionic Woman !!  No question about it !!!!
Fembots......Bigfoot.......Max, the Bionic Dog.......Wonder Woman don't come close !! :)

I didn't like that one... I only watched the cross over episodes

Written By: Capt Quirk on 02/09/09 at 6:45 am

Depends on which Wonder Woman... If you are talking about Cathy Lee Crosby, then definitely WW over Lindsay Wagener.

Written By: Frank on 02/09/09 at 9:56 pm

Lindsay Wagner over Wonder woman anyday.

Written By: ralfy on 03/29/16 at 11:47 pm

"40 Years of The Bionic Woman"

http://www.geeksandbeats.com/2016/01/40-years-of-the-bionic-woman/

Written By: ralfy on 09/07/16 at 4:19 am

"DC Comics And Dynamite Entertainment Unite For Wonder Woman 77 Meets The Bionic Woman"

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/01/dc-comics-and-dynamite-entertainment-unite-for-wonder-woman-77-m

Written By: Howard on 09/07/16 at 2:38 pm

Weren't they the same person? ???

Written By: yelimsexa on 09/07/16 at 11:13 pm

If you lived far from a disco, Wonder Woman was still a great way to kick of your Saturday Night and IMO is the better of the two shows. On the old Jump The Shark site, Never Jumped is at the top, as although the switch in time periods may have gaffed fans, I personal don't mind it too much as time travel is a common feature in comics and in Wonder Woman's case, you could just read the 1940s comics back when they were more readily available, and we get Steve Trevor's son in the '70s episodes and it was good to showcase then-modern attitudes just as much as fighting Nazis in WWII. In Bionic Woman's case, you could easily say "Roboed the Dog" instead of talking about a shark jumping, not to mention a bad space episode where Jamie uses a head of lettuce just save a princess who happened to be a young Helen Hunt, and I don't find the characters quite as memorable. But of course, Diana over Jamie anytime, not to mention that Lynda Carter continuing to look fabulous many years beyond the show.

Written By: snozberries on 09/08/16 at 10:31 am

Weren't they the same person? ???

Nope!

Lindsay Wagner was the Bionic Woman (a spin off from the Six Million Dollar Man)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/d3/90/1dd390c5f715c7c7e0868c6b0b2d12a1.jpg

Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a5/33/ed/a533ede13d24d212a1fcfdcd2ad0d6c9.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 3:34 pm

Nope!

Lindsay Wagner was the Bionic Woman (a spin off from the Six Million Dollar Man)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/d3/90/1dd390c5f715c7c7e0868c6b0b2d12a1.jpg

Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a5/33/ed/a533ede13d24d212a1fcfdcd2ad0d6c9.jpg

OK, thanks for clarifying that for me. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...