inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rock n Roll High School

Written By: cinnabon on 05/03/08 at 8:01 pm

Anybody here ever seen this 1979 movie starring the Ramones? 

I've seen it twice and I think it's such a fun film to watch - it has a pretty good cast too, like PJ Soles (of Carrie and Halloween fame) as the most popular girl in the school and the biggest Ramones fanatic and Andy Warhol protege Mary Woronov as the sadistic school principal.

Subject: Re: Rock n Roll High School

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/03/08 at 9:10 pm

Well, being a HUGE fan of the Ramones...I love this movie. Yes, it's as cheesy as hell...but it's GREAT!

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/03/08 at 11:26 pm

I too love this movie.

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 4:07 pm

Saw it for the first time about 6 months ago.  I enjoyed it. 

I love the songs:

I Just Wanna Have Something To Do (Tonight) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjfkPaiRCsI

I Want You Around    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2GVx-9rL9Y

Written By: malibumike65 on 05/07/08 at 4:52 pm

I originally saw it at a drive in movie about 30 yrs ago, and have a copy of it I taped from TV. Also had the soundtrack, but noticed that there are two different mixes of the title song. The mix on the Ramones album, End Of The Century, differs slightly from the movie soundtrack. Great memories.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/14/08 at 10:40 pm

I had to bump this thread because I just watched the movie AGAIN a few days ago. I love this movie so much. It reminds me a lot of like Grease 2. PJ Soles (Riff Randall) is so adorable and bubbly...it's hard to believe that she was like 30 years old when she played the obsessed high school Ramones fan.

My favorite scene is when Riff is in her bedroom, smoking and listening to the Ramones album...and then she daydreams about them singing to her/seducing her. It was hilarious when Dee Dee was in the shower playing his guitar. ;D

I want to get the soundtrack to this movie..there are a lot of great songs on there. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/08 at 10:09 pm

If you like "Rock 'n' Roll High School," you'll love "Times Square"!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/16/08 at 10:13 pm

If you like "Rock 'n' Roll High School," you'll love "Times Square"!

oh..sounds cool. I added it to my music queue. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...