inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Worst Disco Films

Written By: Entouch on 05/04/08 at 10:01 pm

When Saturday Night Fever came out it seemed to open the door to a few 'b-movie' disco theme films. I can only say I remember 'Roller Boogie' and 'Thank God its Friday'(I did like this one better).  Perhaps you guys can remember some films that came and went in that era. :D

Subject: Re: The Worst Disco Films

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 11:18 pm

Disco Godfather (1979) - what do you get when you combine disco dancing, rollerboogie, kung-fu fighting, blaxploitation, drugs, sex, and a pimp?  Thats right, Disco Godfather.

This has to be the best movie trailer I have ever seen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnnCSdXnYZE

Written By: cinnabon on 05/05/08 at 5:21 am

Even though it came out in 1980, Can't Stop the Music which starred the Village People might fit in this category - it also featured Valerie Perrine and Steve Guttenberg.

Written By: whistledog on 05/05/08 at 7:27 am

Even though it came out in 1980, Can't Stop the Music which starred the Village People might fit in this category - it also featured Valerie Perrine and Steve Guttenberg.

That one was pretty bad.  Bruce Jenner got a WELL-DESERVED razzie nomination for worst performance by an actor in a motion picture LOL

'Can't Stop the Music' was directed by Nancy Walker, who is best known as Rhoda's mother Ida Morganstern on the 70s sitcom 'Rhoda'

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/05/08 at 8:37 am

How about Skatetown USA?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnKG8LqV3o

Cast includes Scott Baio, Flip Wilson, Patrick Swayze and Melissa Sue Anderson.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/08 at 8:46 am

As for a film itself Saturday Night Fever was atrocious and it was the music that made the film, and on my viewing of the film I fell asleep during it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/08 at 4:30 pm

I have a cheesey love affair with this movie and have watched at least 5 or 6 times since April because its been on Showtime a lot... in fact I just watched it again yesterday!  ;D 

Written By: KKay on 05/13/08 at 7:15 am

there are no bad disco films.

Man, I love Roller Boogie.  Of course its' bad, but so bad it's good.  I love Car Wash, too.

TGIF is great.  BUT I love Can't Stop the Music.  only there can steve guttenburg be a roller god.

Written By: Cherie70 on 06/19/08 at 5:26 pm

I am with you on Thank God it's Friday.  I did not like Truck Turner if anyone knows that one.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/19/08 at 7:21 pm

Speaking of "Roller Boogie", TCM (Turner Classic Movies) will show this movie very early Saturday morning at 12:45 AM PST. I've never seen it but I plan on recording it.

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/19/08 at 8:29 pm

ALL OF THEM

Written By: Howard on 02/25/17 at 1:13 pm

https://garbolaughs.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cantstopthemusic_poster.jpg

For some strange reason, I can't find this film anywhere on My Netflix and it said somewhere that it was removed a few years ago and all I can find now on YouTube are just clips from the movie. Anyone see this by any chance and what were your thoughts about Bruce Jenner and The Village People in it?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/17 at 3:33 am

https://garbolaughs.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/cantstopthemusic_poster.jpg

For some strange reason, I can't find this film anywhere on My Netflix and it said somewhere that it was removed a few years ago and all I can find now on YouTube are just clips from the movie. Anyone see this by any chance and what were your thoughts about Bruce Jenner and The Village People in it?  ???
Removed...

I wonder why?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/11/17 at 4:41 am

The Wiz, loosely based on "The Wizard of Oz", after all the hype back in the 1970s i found that disappointing.

Written By: robby76 on 03/11/17 at 6:05 am

70s disco films were the breakdance films of the 80s.  :D

I'd love to watch "Can't Stop The Music" purely for the nostalgia. And any of the others for that matter.

I remember watching The Wiz as a kid - found it a bit weird despite the superstar cast. I watched it again recently and my opinion hasn't changed.

Xanadu was a disco movie too, right?

ltqjHjxZwEg

Written By: Howard on 03/11/17 at 7:00 am

Removed...

I wonder why?

Maybe the film was so bad it was removed, I guess that's the reason why? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...