inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Worst Disco Films

Written By: Entouch on 05/04/08 at 10:01 pm

When Saturday Night Fever came out it seemed to open the door to a few 'b-movie' disco theme films. I can only say I remember 'Roller Boogie' and 'Thank God its Friday'(I did like this one better).  Perhaps you guys can remember some films that came and went in that era. :D

Subject: Re: The Worst Disco Films

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 11:18 pm

Disco Godfather (1979) - what do you get when you combine disco dancing, rollerboogie, kung-fu fighting, blaxploitation, drugs, sex, and a pimp?  Thats right, Disco Godfather.

This has to be the best movie trailer I have ever seen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnnCSdXnYZE

Written By: cinnabon on 05/05/08 at 5:21 am

Even though it came out in 1980, Can't Stop the Music which starred the Village People might fit in this category - it also featured Valerie Perrine and Steve Guttenberg.

Written By: whistledog on 05/05/08 at 7:27 am

Even though it came out in 1980, Can't Stop the Music which starred the Village People might fit in this category - it also featured Valerie Perrine and Steve Guttenberg.

That one was pretty bad.  Bruce Jenner got a WELL-DESERVED razzie nomination for worst performance by an actor in a motion picture LOL

'Can't Stop the Music' was directed by Nancy Walker, who is best known as Rhoda's mother Ida Morganstern on the 70s sitcom 'Rhoda'

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/05/08 at 8:37 am

How about Skatetown USA?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnKG8LqV3o

Cast includes Scott Baio, Flip Wilson, Patrick Swayze and Melissa Sue Anderson.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/08 at 8:46 am

As for a film itself Saturday Night Fever was atrocious and it was the music that made the film, and on my viewing of the film I fell asleep during it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/08 at 4:30 pm

I have a cheesey love affair with this movie and have watched at least 5 or 6 times since April because its been on Showtime a lot... in fact I just watched it again yesterday!  ;D 

Written By: KKay on 05/13/08 at 7:15 am

there are no bad disco films.

Man, I love Roller Boogie.  Of course its' bad, but so bad it's good.  I love Car Wash, too.

TGIF is great.  BUT I love Can't Stop the Music.  only there can steve guttenburg be a roller god.

Written By: Cherie70 on 06/19/08 at 5:26 pm

I am with you on Thank God it's Friday.  I did not like Truck Turner if anyone knows that one.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/19/08 at 7:21 pm

Speaking of "Roller Boogie", TCM (Turner Classic Movies) will show this movie very early Saturday morning at 12:45 AM PST. I've never seen it but I plan on recording it.

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/19/08 at 8:29 pm

ALL OF THEM

Check for new replies or respond here...