inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bob Newhart Show

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/20/08 at 7:19 pm

Has anyone seen this show...at least on DVD?

Subject: Re: Bob Newhart Show

Written By: cinnabon on 06/20/08 at 9:46 pm

Oh, I used to watch this show all the time on Nick at Nite and TV Land - in addition to Bob Newhart it had a great cast including Suzanne Pleshette (RIP), Bill Daily as the wacky neighbor Howard and Marcia Wallace as the wise-cracking secretary Carol Kester-Bondurant.  :)

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/08 at 9:58 pm

The first 4 seasons are available on DVD.  The final 2 seasons are still pending release.  Bob once stated that all 6 seasons would be released before his 80s series 'Newhart' came to DVD, but with Season 1 of 'Newhart' already out, the future of more releases is a little confusing as to which and when LOL

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/21/08 at 9:17 am

I.m sorry to say I watched it in prime time when it originally aired. It was one of my favorite shows. I loved Mr.Carlson, but my fav people were Emily  and  Howard.. I would never fly in a plane he navigated.
I also thought the next Newhart was funny but not as.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/08 at 6:03 pm

I.m sorry to say I watched it in prime time when it originally aired.

You and me both. My favorite character was Carol & I also liked Jerry (the dentist) who also was a writer/director for the show.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 06/22/08 at 10:41 pm

You and me both. My favorite character was Carol & I also liked Jerry (the dentist) who also was a writer/director for the show.

Cat

Peter Bonnerz.  He's still a big time TV/film director.  He directed many episodes of shows like 'Murphy Brown' and 'Friends'

Howard is my favourite.  Wacky nehgoburs are always great for sidekick/laughs :)

Written By: concealed78 on 06/23/08 at 11:02 pm

I always enjoyed the Bob Newhart show, which I got to see in syndication on Chicago public broadcast signal of "Me-TV", a retro channel of classic TV in the mid  to current 2000's.  One note about this show that I always found amusing, me being from the Chicagoland area for 30 years, was the episode where the L.A. writers wrote that "Bob attends a night game at Wrigley Field".  Bob being a local Chicagoland guy and all, knew damn well that Wrigley Field didn't have lights in the 1970s, and wouldn't get lights until August 8th, 1988, reminded the writers of this obvious baseball error. 

Written By: Lindee on 06/24/08 at 10:10 am

We also have Me-TV on cable and just watched an episode last night when I got home from work.

Written By: Shacks Train on 06/29/08 at 10:28 pm

48 online episodes
http://www.hulu.com/the-bob-newhart-show

Written By: ralfy on 08/19/16 at 7:00 pm

"Veteran actor Jack Riley, a regular on 'The Bob Newhart Show,' dies at 80"

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-jack-riley-20160819-snap-story.html

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/19/16 at 7:38 pm

"Veteran actor Jack Riley, a regular on 'The Bob Newhart Show,' dies at 80"

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-jack-riley-20160819-snap-story.html

I found out that Jack Riley voiced one of the Pickles' relatives on Rugrats and All Grown Up. Given for the fact that I don't like Rugrats that much, I don't really care. Although, I like All Grown Up more for some reason.

Check for new replies or respond here...