inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can you identify the product in this old TV commercial? $10 reward!

Written By: halgreene on 06/29/08 at 3:47 pm

Sometime in the 70's or 80's there was a TV commercial for a hair product for women that showed three girls in succession. The first one said to the camera: "I'm a limp!" showcasing her poor limp tresses. The second one said something like, "I'm a frizzy!" Again, the poor thing had "flyaway hair." But the third girl always purred: "I'm a lucky!" She was born with perfect hair. The upshot of the commercial was that one could go from "limp" or "frizzy" straight to "lucky" by using the product. Can anyone identify it? I'll PayPal $10 to the first person who correctly identifies this product (once I verify it, so no guesses please). Thanks!

Subject: Re: Can you identify the product in this old TV commercial? $10 reward!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/08 at 4:38 pm

Harmony Hairspray ?

Subject: Re: Can you identify the product in this old TV commercial? $10 reward!

Written By: Paul on 06/29/08 at 4:55 pm

Electric chair?

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/29/08 at 9:19 pm

PSSSSSST?

Written By: dexter on 07/07/08 at 7:22 pm

Sometime in the 70's or 80's there was a TV commercial for a hair product for women that showed three girls in succession. The first one said to the camera: "I'm a limp!" showcasing her poor limp tresses. The second one said something like, "I'm a frizzy!" Again, the poor thing had "flyaway hair." But the third girl always purred: "I'm a lucky!" She was born with perfect hair. The upshot of the commercial was that one could go from "limp" or "frizzy" straight to "lucky" by using the product. Can anyone identify it? I'll PayPal $10 to the first person who correctly identifies this product (once I verify it, so no guesses please). Thanks!

Miracle Spray hairspray

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 1:23 am

Miracle Spray hairspray
...it would have been a miracle if we got that one?

Written By: chris sampson on 07/11/08 at 2:52 pm

Dippity Doo?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/08 at 3:20 pm

Dippity Doo?
Is there a hairspray called that?

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/11/08 at 7:00 pm

Is there a hairspray called that?

No that was gooey substance used to palster your hair around rollers. It was so gross and sticky.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/12/08 at 2:28 am

No that was gooey substance used to palster your hair around rollers. It was so gross and sticky.
...and is not on in the market today for obvious reasons?

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/12/08 at 10:17 pm

...and is not on in the market today for obvious reasons?

I don't think so, now they have so many hair products. When my daughter was in school, they used Elmers glue to make those huge punky spikes. I don't think that Dippety Doo was that strong. My mom always used Aqua net hairspray I think it made her hair bullet proof.

Check for new replies or respond here...