inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember this movie?

Written By: xarabeexara on 07/07/08 at 10:38 pm

Just studied the Wikipedia of "ABC Movie of the Week" thinking I might find this movie, but haven't yet.  It was one of those scary movies that was probably made for tv.  A semi-homely brunette actress and her husband lived in an old house, with a lake.  I think the wife's sister comes to visit?  And is messing around with the husband?  Anyway, I remember a scene where someone in a white nightgown is floating under the water of the lake that scared the BEJESUS out of me as a child.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this movie?

Written By: gibbo on 07/08/08 at 6:12 am

It might be 'What Lies Beneath'  with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer... :-\\

Written By: xarabeexara on 07/08/08 at 7:45 am

It might be 'What Lies Beneath'  with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer... :-\\

I'm fairly certain it was from the early to mid seventies...

Written By: Brigitte on 07/09/08 at 12:27 am

Was Karen Black the actress?

Written By: xarabeexara on 07/10/08 at 12:15 pm

Don't think so.  She looked more like Karen Carpenter, only more toothy....

Written By: ninny on 07/10/08 at 3:06 pm

You must be thinking of Burnt Offerings.

Written By: ninny on 07/10/08 at 3:26 pm

Just studied the Wikipedia of "ABC Movie of the Week" thinking I might find this movie, but haven't yet.  It was one of those scary movies that was probably made for tv.  A semi-homely brunette actress and her husband lived in an old house, with a lake.  I think the wife's sister comes to visit?  And is messing around with the husband?  Anyway, I remember a scene where someone in a white nightgown is floating under the water of the lake that scared the BEJESUS out of me as a child.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Was there any kids in the movie?
Maybe this will help
Another of the joint U.S./Philippine horror films made in this time period. click to expand .... Full listing of Horror movies from the 1970's ...
www.filmsandtv.com/genre.php?gs=1970Horror -
http://www.filmsandtv.com/genre.php?gs=1970Horror

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/10/08 at 8:36 pm

Sorry no, but I checked out that list of horror films from the 70s and ran across "Mark of the Devil", I remember that as a gimmick the local theatre gave out barf bags to everyone who went in. We all took our lunches to school in them later.

Written By: xarabeexara on 07/12/08 at 10:22 pm

Got it!  The movie was "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" and the actress was Zohra Lampert.  Anyone else remember this 1971 creeper?

Thanks for the help anyway!  The title just finally came to me.

http://www.esplatter.com/reviewshton/letsscarejessicatodeath.htm

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/12/08 at 10:31 pm

Got it!  The movie was "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" and the actress was Zohra Lampert.  Anyone else remember this 1971 creeper?

Thanks for the help anyway!  The title just finally came to me.

http://www.esplatter.com/reviewshton/letsscarejessicatodeath.htm

Yes I remember that one . What ever happened to Zohra Lampert?

Written By: Michael C. on 02/08/09 at 10:01 pm

Green-
You mentioned The Chance ? So...You gotta remember The Bardavon Theatre.......When it ceased to be a Theatre the Manager let Me clean out the room where they kept the promotional stuff{posters,lobby cards,etc.} I got a Mark of the Devil Barf Bag then. Having moved several times.....alas...it's no longer in My possession.

Sorry no, but I checked out that list of horror films from the 70s and ran across "Mark of the Devil", I remember that as a gimmick the local theatre gave out barf bags to everyone who went in. We all took our lunches to school in them later.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/09 at 2:03 pm

Green-
You mentioned The Chance ? So...You gotta remember The Bardavon Theatre.......When it ceased to be a Theatre the Manager let Me clean out the room where they kept the promotional stuff{posters,lobby cards,etc.} I got a Mark of the Devil Barf Bag then. Having moved several times.....alas...it's no longer in My possession.

The Bardavon? In Poughkeepsie?

Cat

Written By: Michael C. on 02/09/09 at 7:22 pm

Yes....I take it You're familiar with it......

The Bardavon? In Poughkeepsie?

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/09 at 6:45 pm

Yes....I take it You're familiar with it......

Used to live in Wappingers.

Cat

Written By: Michael C. on 02/10/09 at 7:06 pm

Nice.............

Used to live in Wappingers.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...