inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R.I.P Issac Hayes

Written By: Entouch on 08/10/08 at 9:15 pm

The caiuse of death is still unknown, but you canit deniy his contribution to pop/soul music. I still believe the 'Shaft' soundtrack is still regarded as the best soundtrack for its time.

Subject: Re: R.I.P Issac Hayes

Written By: Cherie70 on 08/18/08 at 8:23 pm

The caiuse of death is still unknown, but you canit deniy his contribution to pop/soul music. I still believe the 'Shaft' soundtrack is still regarded as the best soundtrack for its time.

Yes, it definately changed the soundtrack music.  And it is a great jump off for the Blackploitation era.  To follow was Curtis Mayfield with Superfly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/08 at 6:27 am

The cause of death is still unknown.
The authorities have listed stroke as the cause of death.

Written By: Michael C. on 02/08/09 at 9:47 pm

Always been a HUGE Isaac Hayes Fan !!
No Name Bar...On the Shaft Soundtrack is one of My favorite instumentals.
I also have Hayes'  Soundtracks to Three Tough Guys and Truck Turner {which Hayes also starred in.....He must've gotten tired about singing about shaft and wanted to be Him !}

Yes, it definately changed the soundtrack music.  And it is a great jump off for the Blackploitation era.  To follow was Curtis Mayfield with Superfly.

Check for new replies or respond here...