inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Keane Brothers - Sherry (1976)

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/08 at 12:49 am

The Keane Brothers (John and Tom) are the sons of legendary producer Bob Keane (the man who discovered Ritchie Valens).  In 1977 at the ages of 11 and 12 (respectively), they hosted their own variety show on CBS which made them the youngest entertainers in history to have their own TV show. 

They are best known for their 1976 single 'Sherry' which reached #86 on the Billboard Hot 100

Though the song was not that well recieved in America, it performed well in Canada:  'Sherry' was produced by a then up and coming producer (and former keyboardist for Skylark) named David Foster, and was written by popular Canadian singer Dwayne Ford, which helped the song meet requirements for CANCON.  In 1977, 'Sherry' peaked at #25 on the Canadian Chart, and gave Foster (I believe) his first Top 40 hit as a producer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L_To4EfMK4

http://www.top40db.net/images/Artists/T/The%20Keane%20Brothers.JPG

Subject: Re: The Keane Brothers - Sherry (1976)

Written By: ninny on 08/30/08 at 4:49 am

The Keane Brothers (John and Tom) are the sons of legendary producer Bob Keane (the man who discovered Ritchie Valens).  In 1977 at the ages of 11 and 12 (respectively), they hosted their own variety show on CBS which made them the youngest entertainers in history to have their own TV show. 

They are best known for their 1976 single 'Sherry' which reached #86 on the Billboard Hot 100

Though the song was not that well recieved in America, it performed well in Canada:  'Sherry' was produced by a then up and coming producer (and former keyboardist for Skylark) named David Foster, and was written by popular Canadian singer Dwayne Ford, which helped the song meet requirements for CANCON.  In 1977, 'Sherry' peaked at #25 on the Canadian Chart, and gave Foster (I believe) his first Top 40 hit as a producer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L_To4EfMK4

http://www.top40db.net/images/Artists/T/The%20Keane%20Brothers.JPG

I remember watching the show.Sadly I don't remember the song.

Written By: iquestion on 08/30/08 at 11:08 pm

Which brings to mind, as they report on former kid stars ; What ever became of the Keane Brothers?

Remember when tv or 'the biz' tried highlighting a group called THE SMOLLETS or something to that degree..never heard word one, then Nelson-haven't heard any good songs that have clicked to keep them mainstream, then 'Hanson' pops up, then disappears, then Jonas Brothers are everywhere....I just wonder where it all leads? Do 1 show then back to McDonalds? Or if any of them show up anywhere in America to perform, do they say 'DO YOU REMEMBER.....WELL THEY ARE COMING TO TOWN..'? 

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/08 at 11:15 pm

Which brings to mind, as they report on former kid stars ; What ever became of the Keane Brothers?

Remember when tv or 'the biz' tried highlighting a group called THE SMOLLETS or something to that degree..never heard word one, then Nelson-haven't heard any good songs that have clicked to keep them mainstream, then 'Hanson' pops up, then disappears, then Jonas Brothers are everywhere....I just wonder where it all leads? Do 1 show then back to McDonalds? Or if any of them show up anywhere in America to perform, do they say 'DO YOU REMEMBER.....WELL THEY ARE COMING TO TOWN..'?  

Hanson never really disappeared, they just became more popular overseas. 

Written By: iquestion on 09/01/08 at 8:12 pm

Hanson never really disappeared, they just became more popular overseas. 

Remembering??...an Australian bandof the 80's or early 90's: SILVERCHAIR?

At the time they were Hansonesque....but maybe broke up or got older or made it only in Australia?Can't recognize them now if they are the originals??

Check for new replies or respond here...