inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 70's Fans - Anyone Like Videos?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/30/08 at 3:57 pm

A recent update of the Super Groovy 70's Fan Central website has the addition of daily videos.  Carefully chosen videos representing various 70's timeframes and genres are presented (all courtesy of YouTube).  Each day is something different.  You can also look at the last six videos (ie. the videos from the week leading up to today).

If you happen to look at it, tell me what you think!  :)

A direct link to the Fun N Games page: http://users.dls.net/~faulkners/funngames.php

Subject: Re: 70's Fans - Anyone Like Videos?

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/31/08 at 7:05 am

I keep seeing these compilation disks from the 50's-70's, and the commercials always show the stage footage of the song. THAT is what I would like, instead of just another CD with the same songs you can hear all day on any oldies station. Seeing Jim Morrison's glazed over eyes as he sings Roadhouse :)

Written By: midnite on 09/02/08 at 8:08 pm

pretty interesting.  70s videos are fun.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/02/08 at 9:52 pm

pretty interesting.  70s videos are fun.

Thanks!  The 70's is nothing like the 80's in terms of videos (since there was no MTV) but there are still some good ones.  Some 70's videos are really amazing!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/20/08 at 8:39 am

I keep seeing these compilation disks from the 50's-70's, and the commercials always show the stage footage of the song. THAT is what I would like, instead of just another CD with the same songs you can hear all day on any oldies station. Seeing Jim Morrison's glazed over eyes as he sings Roadhouse :)

I guess you mean you'd like a compilation of live tunes?  Not sure how available compilations like that are...  :-\\

I have some of the DVD's from the Midnight Special show.  Those performances are live.  I enjoy them a great deal.  Unfortunately, I don't think they ever hosted the Doors.  I ran across a number of the Midnight Special show performances on YouTube.  (For the most part, the videos I feature on my website are not from the Midnight Special.)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 09/20/08 at 11:25 am

Well, The Doors and Jim Morrison's glazed eyes were just an example. I get a kick out of watching those videos... and remembering how silly us old farts looked back then.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/09/08 at 6:58 pm

The only problem in linking YouTube videos is, sometimes it gets yanked...  ???  (that's why I keep a collection of substitutes)

Written By: Butterball on 10/09/08 at 8:53 pm

I too, would like to see the video performances. I'm sure they are out there, or they wouldn't be able to show the snippet's when trying to promote the cd's.

Check for new replies or respond here...