inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can't remember the drink

Written By: mom2six on 10/02/08 at 2:09 pm

I am going crazy here.  I finally remembered the name of Jello 1-2-3.  Gosh I loved that stuff.  I cannot remember this.  I was born in 1965, this was from very early in my youth, but I want to say it was from the seventies.  You had milk, you added a powder and it gave you this banana flavored, thick "shake".  It was not shake-shake pudding (or whatever it is called).  I also want to say the cups that came with it had the Archie cartoon characters on it.  I am losing my mind.  Can anyone help!!!

Carolyn

P.S. Does any one else remember the cereal Quisp and Quake?  Ahhh, the good old days!!!

Subject: Re: Can't remember the drink

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 4:41 pm

I have the same problem. I remember a "healthy" drink from Highlights mag. it had milk and honey and some other ingredients but I don't remember the rest. I remember it tasted kinda good and wanted to try it now that my taste buds have matured.

Written By: Capt Quirk on 10/02/08 at 5:44 pm

Perhaps it was Great Shakes? http://www.roadode.com/drink_2.shtml

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/03/08 at 3:26 pm

P.S. Does any one else remember the cereal Quisp and Quake?  Ahhh, the good old days!!!

Quisp and quake! :D  Indeed, one of our favorite overly-sugared indulgences of the late 60's/early 70's!  I recall the 'Quisp' character was a cute little alien guy, and 'Quake' was a handsome, rugged tough guy that wore a construction hat.

I remember me and my brothers drove our parents crazy begging for those two! ::)  That is, of course, until the next hot new thing came along.  Which was probably the "Frankenberry/Count Chocula/(and later)Boo-Berry" trifecta.

I could be wrong, but it seems like a short few years ago 'Quisp' may have had a brief comeback - I thought I found it on a few grocery shelves perhaps 2, 3, 4 years ago.  I doubt that it's still available, not sure.  I never saw 'Quake' after the early 70's.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 7:08 pm

I remember seeing Quisp a few years ago too, I couldn't help but think where was Quake?

Written By: sweet-lorraine on 10/03/08 at 7:55 pm

yes, they did bring back quisp. it was a one time thing. I managed to get a quisp watch as a result! I wanted one of those so bad.

Written By: slotscott on 10/09/08 at 7:03 pm

Sounds kinda like an Orange Julius.

Written By: Butterball on 10/09/08 at 8:49 pm

At the height of their popularity, people were able to vote on which cereal they wanted to keep. They were going to get rid of one or the other. Quisp won.

Check for new replies or respond here...