inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AC/DC Without BS

Written By: malibumike65 on 10/13/08 at 1:06 am

Few hard rock fans can deny AC/DC rocks hard, but in the beginning, things just weren't right. I know most die hard AC/DC fans have already seen this video on youtube but you all have to admit, songs like TNT, Girls Got Rhythm, Problem Child...etc, still sound good today, but this song makes the group sound more like a 70s glam rock group. Notice that not only did Angus and Malcolm fire Dave Evans, but everyone else in the video too. Bon Scott changed their sound for the rest of the 70s. Does anybody actually prefer this sound over their current music style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0-Dks26h8Y

Subject: Re: AC/DC Without BS

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/08 at 12:54 pm

I don't like it better than the eventual line-up, but I don't dislike it either.  They certainly wouldn't have gotten far trying to be the next Sweet (which is who they sound like in this song to me). 

Very cool find.

Written By: Ace Rockola on 10/13/08 at 4:47 pm

Wow, that's weird.  Thanks for the clip.  I'm 2nd row for the upcoming show!  Can't wait :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/08 at 8:04 pm

I don't like it better than the eventual line-up, but I don't dislike it either.  They certainly wouldn't have gotten far trying to be the next Sweet (which is who they sound like in this song to me). 

Very cool find.

"Love is like Oxygen"

Bon Scot is to AC/DC what Sean Connert was to James Bond

Written By: malibumike65 on 10/16/08 at 4:54 am

Very cool find.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but not only was Dave Evans "Pete Best-ed" out of the group, but their bass player, who also had the last name Evans, was replaced by Cliff Williams in '77. Maybe they just didnt like the name Evans lol. Drummer Phil Rudd left the group in '83 after a blow up with Malcolm, but eventually returned in '94. The original line up of Back In Black still rock today.  8)

Written By: mooster on 10/16/08 at 5:35 am

Few hard rock fans can deny AC/DC rocks hard, but in the beginning, things just weren't right. I know most die hard AC/DC fans have already seen this video on youtube but you all have to admit, songs like TNT, Girls Got Rhythm, Problem Child...etc, still sound good today, but this song makes the group sound more like a 70s glam rock group. Notice that not only did Angus and Malcolm fire Dave Evans, but everyone else in the video too. Bon Scott changed their sound for the rest of the 70s. Does anybody actually prefer this sound over their current music style?

Yes I do. But then, I may be a smidge biased  ;)

Written By: Banks on 10/17/08 at 5:30 am

I have that clip on VHS...For those of us in Australia they often play it on Rage during the Summer months...Keep an eye out for it. The band redid the song later (obviously) with Bon Scott...and they released two videos for it, one with Scott in drag on stage and another more 'straight' live version.

AN

Written By: mooster on 10/17/08 at 9:47 am

I have that clip on VHS...For those of us in Australia they often play it on Rage during the Summer months...Keep an eye out for it. The band redid the song later (obviously) with Bon Scott...and they released two videos for it, one with Scott in drag on stage and another more 'straight' live version.

AN

Yep, that was on Countdown

Check for new replies or respond here...