inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Really Rosie

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/08 at 7:54 pm

Does anyone remember this? It featured music by Carole King and was written by Maurice Sendak. It was from like 1975. I remember having a little 45 album with the song, Chicken Soup With Rice...and the other side it was a song called Pierre...about a boy who always said, "I Don't Care!"....

here are a few clips that I found that I was highly entertained by....and brought back awesome memories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQMmmTK9ibw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VkoszKXFZQ

Subject: Re: Really Rosie

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/13/08 at 8:19 pm

I only remember Chicken Soup With Rice.  We used to sing that in Elementary school and it remains a favorite.  My daughter and I sing (rather than read) the book often.  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/13/08 at 8:24 pm

I only remember Chicken Soup With Rice.  We used to sing that in Elementary school and it remains a favorite.  My daughter and I sing (rather than read) the book often.   :)

I love all of Maurice Sendak's books...aren't they just great? V and I love, Where The Wild Things Are. :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/13/08 at 9:00 pm

I love all of Maurice Sendak's books...aren't they just great? V and I love, Where The Wild Things Are. :)

That's a favorite around here too.  The boy child likes it when I show my "terrible claws". ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/08 at 12:55 am

I had the Carole King cassette. I played the crap out of side one.... Really Rosie, Pierre, Alligators All Around, Chicken Soup with Rice, Chicken Soup Passed Away,
Screams & Yells

LOVE 'EM

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/08 at 5:58 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Really Rosie. I had a copy of it that someone recorded for me. I thought I was the only one who even KNEW about it for the longest time. Then a friend of mine mentioned it about 10 years ago or so and that surprised me. When I got on line, I found it on CD. I love all the music-The Simple Truth, Avenue P, In My Simple Humble Neighborhood, and of course Pierre.

I used to have a cat name Bear.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  Almost everyday I would sing to him,

"There once was a boy named Bear, who only would say, 'I don't care'. "

Cat

Written By: Zeb on 11/18/08 at 12:00 pm

YES!!!! I had this on audio tape when I was very little.  I never thought I would ever hear these again for the rest of my days.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/08 at 2:56 pm

YES!!!! I had this on audio tape when I was very little.  I never thought I would ever hear these again for the rest of my days.  :D

http://www.amazon.com/Really-Rosie-Carole-King/dp/B0001N1OW4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1227041727&sr=8-1
shoot if I'd known it was going to sell for $30 I would've bought a couple back when they first released it.

Check for new replies or respond here...